Wildfire - ticket to rock [Coming of age][Slice of life][Music][KN][DEMO]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TheDesman
Regular
Completed: Wildfire - Ticket to Rock, A Standard Mission

Wildfire - ticket to rock [Coming of age][Slice of life][Music][KN][DEMO]

#1 Post by TheDesman »

Wildfire is a coming of age story about a teenage girl who starts a band to get free tickets to a festival but then finds herself on a journey that will force her to reevaluate herself and her decisions in life.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Wildfire Ticket to Rock has now been released and is available on Steam and Itch.io

Steam
Itch.io

____________________________________________________________________________________________

You take on the role of Hanako. A teenager with low self-esteem who prefer to spend her days playing games with her two best friends Tarou and Fumitake. She’s kind but a little absent-minded and this tend to cause trouble for her every now and then. Overall she’s content with life, but she’s feeling boxed in and wishes that there was something more beyond the daily routines.

A mistake and a chance encounter forces her out of her comfort zone as she tries to make amends. In the end she finds herself part of a band with people she doesn’t know, with a goal to play in a large festival that occurs every year in their city. The Wildfire festival.
During the course of the game Hanako find her old preconceptions challenged as she gets closer to the other members of the band and learns more about them. She also learns more about herself as she has to handle various crises that occurs along the road.

Over time she learns how to handle problems instead of running away, to voice her own opinions and that her thoughts are not inherently less worth than those of her peers.

About the game
All the secondary characters also have their own story arcs and personal development that integrates into the story as a whole.

For the most part it’s a feel-good story but it has a couple of heavy moments where Hanako, for example, is subjected to bullying or domination & suppression techniques.

It has themes and discussions about sexuality, self-worth, the price of fame & how to cope with changes in your life.

Characters: 20
CG’s: 36
Backgrounds: 45
Word count: ~77k
Rating: Mild language & suggestive themes.

Writing: Me
Programming & Editing: Jacob
Art: @Dust980
Last edited by TheDesman on Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:39 am, edited 13 times in total.
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

TennisHero
Deviantart: TennisHero

Re: Wildfire [Coming of age][Slice of life][Music][KN]

#2 Post by TennisHero »

This looks cool. I'm a sucker for stories about music. I'd be interested in proofreading the story.

TheDesman
Regular

#3 Post by TheDesman »

TennisHero wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:52 am This looks cool. I'm a sucker for stories about music. I'd be interested in proofreading the story.
Hi! Thanks for showing interest in our project! And we're suckers for stories about music too :wink: . I'll send you a pm about proofreading the story.

TheDesman
Regular

#4 Post by TheDesman »

We're in the process of making a title screen for the game. We had a couple of different takes on it

In the end we settled for the last one and here is a more detailed version that we'll continue to tinker on:

TheDesman
Regular

#5 Post by TheDesman »

Now the title image is finished!

TennisHero
Deviantart: TennisHero

#6 Post by TennisHero »

I played the game recently. It's an awesome visual novel that I'm glad I got to experience! Wildfire is a very realistic coming-of-age story about starting a band while in high school. The pacing of the story is such that you really felt like the band’s success was earned through hard work and perseverance. My favorite scenes though were the ones when the girls weren’t practicing but instead bonding over ice cream or visiting the arcade. It creates a warm feeling of relatability and provides levity from the stressful day-to-day life of school, work and band practice.

I was never taken out of the story whenever a new scene started because I enjoyed getting to know all the characters. Even the minor ones have a fully fleshed-out character arc. Tomoka was my favorite of the cast. I’ve always liked the sassy, tomboyish characters that can make me laugh (and play guitar). A lot of the dialogue in the game made me legitimately laugh out loud. Despite its distinct Japanese setting, the story is universal and the humor will translate well to North American and European audiences.

I liked Hanako as a protagonist, as she’s not your typical coming-of-age heroine. She gets along with her father, she stands up for other people and her primary focus isn’t finding love (although it does play a minor role). Even though Hanako has a good head on her shoulders, even she grows as a character. I felt her pain watching her try to balance so many responsibilities, that when she does occasionally act out, I care about what’s going to happen next. Every action had consequences which sometimes having to live with their mistakes. I won't spoil the ending for first time players, but I can see first time players having many different reactions.

The music is also very well done and does a great job of conveying the mood of each scene. As far as marketing the game, I think the musical angle makes Wildfire unique, since I haven't seen it been done in a visual novel. One way you could market the game is by giving away a CD or digital download of the soundtrack for those that donate at a certain level. And this might be wishful thinking but I could see myself wearing an Event Horizon t-shirt. :lol:

BOTTOM LINE: Wildfire is a fantastic coming-of-age story about friendship, dedication and how doing something you love can really bring the best out of you. The relatable storylines, memorable characters and witty dialogue make this a great experience.

TheDesman
Regular

Re: Wildfire - ticket to rock [Coming of age][Slice of life][Music][KN] Now with demo!

#7 Post by TheDesman »

Work continues!
There haven't been much in the form of updates here but we've been working hard behind the scenes. The progress bars have been updated and we're quite close to completion now. A little tinkering here and there will still occur but we're feeling like we're ready to show more of the game to the public.

We now have a demo! (and a promotional videon as well)
https://visualsaga.itch.io/wildfire-ticket-to-rock

Bliw

Re: Wildfire - ticket to rock [Coming of age][Slice of life][Music][KN] Now with demo!

#8 Post by Bliw »

Will Miyuki and Iori ever be able to become friends again?

Bliw

Re: Wildfire - ticket to rock [Coming of age][Slice of life][Music][KN][DEMO] Kickstarter

#9 Post by Bliw »

Now Wildfire - Ticket to Rock is on KICKSTARTER!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ti ... et-to-rock

We are run this Kickstarter so that we can be able to include more original songs for the band in the game.

We have also updated our gui so that it is now much more beautiful than it used to be.

foleso
Regular
Completed: Demon Kiss, Rustea Conversation, Love Rewind, Crown & Cauldron
Projects: Franken Tutor
Organization: Foleso
Tumblr: foleso
Deviantart: foleso
Github: foleso
itch: Foleso

Re: Wildfire - ticket to rock [Coming of age][Slice of life][Music][KN][DEMO] Kickstarter

#10 Post by foleso »

I'm super excited for this! Good luck! ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

TheDesman
Regular

#11 Post by TheDesman »

foleso wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:21 am I'm super excited for this! Good luck! ヾ(≧▽≦*)o
Thank you! We'll be working our hardest. :D

Bliw

#12 Post by Bliw »

GirlGoGame did a let's play of our demo.
Besides that, she is playing a fantastic vn *shameless self-promotion *
so is her vns let's plays really fun to watch.

Bliw

#13 Post by Bliw »

We have released the latest song from the game that we have just finished. It’ll also be the last song for a while since this Kickstarter is meant to fund the rest of the music for the game.

Tell us what you think of it.

Bliw

Re: Wildfire - ticket to rock [Coming of age][Slice of life][Music][KN][DEMO] Kickstarter: FINAL 48 HOURS

#14 Post by Bliw »

we are now in the last 48 hours of Wildfire - Ticket to Rock Kickstarter campaign!

Kickstarter link: