Rockfish Island is a visual novel set on an island in the Pacific Ocean.
You, the main character, are stuck on this island and must try to survive with eight other people.
The Demo version of Rockfish Island is out!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD ON ITCH!
We also have a survey for after you play the demo.
For a limited time, if you fill out the survey you'll recieve the Rockfish Island game guide for free upon full release! After release the game guide will be a paid only perk.
Programming/Writing/Direction/Editing: Lavender Lemon (on these forums as Ada Sheep and Playful_Reverie)
Itch.io Tumblr Twitter Instagram
Art/Resources/Music: Various paid and free (including Pixabay, DLsite, Eric Matyas and more)
Made otome/dating sim style with Ren’Py, the main feminine character is played by you, the player. There are six love interests available (five men and one women) for you to romance, or not.
The storyline is a mixture of suspense and lightheartedness as you and everyone else try to survive with whatever you can find around you, and learn more about each other in the process.
We’re planning to release Rockfish Island on itch.io with their pay-what-you-want (or don’t) model.
Rockfish Island has implied (fade-to-black) sex/romance scenes. While the game is a survival game, it's not horror.
There is an element of survival gathering to the game, where you as the main character have to gather food to feed yourself or everyone. Food can be found through various point-and-click maps or mini-games. This element of the game is not meant to be difficult.
- Feminine main character
- 6 romance-able characters
- 9 characters total
- 3 character traits to be built upon
- multiple endings including:
- 2 bad endings
- 6 character endings
- 6 true character endings
- persistent replay data
- inventory system
- Character bios and points system
- day system
- randomized encounters
- 2 minigames
All character sprites complete
2+ hours playtime
Inventory system complete
Routes completed for Levi and Shae and Matt.
Routes in progress for Jayce.
34,822 words in dialogue according to Lint.
186 menus, 412 images, and 115 screens
Two more character routes
Various GUI tweaking
“Quality of play” tweaking
The main character. You play as a member of a band travelling overseas for a concert. The other members of your band are your boyfriend and his younger brother.
- Noah:The drummer in your band. Noah is the younger brother of your boyfriend. He’s quiet and isolates himself from others.
- Jayce:You meet Jayce on your flight overseas. He’s eager to help out when on the island, and strikes up a bantering friendship with Matt.
- Matt:You meet Matt on the island. He copes with your survival situation with lots of alcohol and pessimism.
- Levi:Levi adopts a leadership attitude on the island. He makes most decisions and explores the island with Tobias.
- Shae:An airplane stewardess. Shae holds a lot of guilt for what happened and doesn’t want to be a burden on anyone.
- Xiaoli:Xiaoli is a medical doctor. She’s quirky but ultimately helpful and positive.
- Tobias:Tobias keeps out of other people’s business. He spends most of his time on the island with Levi.
This character will be unlocked with more playthroughs.
Anything you want to know about this game? We’re gathering questions for an FAQ.