[10 year anniversary special!] Talpin University [Dating][GXB][BXB](DEMO AVAILABLE)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mole-chan
Veteran
Completed: DUAEL, Escape from Puzzlegate
Projects: A Bird with Gold-Mended Wings
Deviantart: mole-chan
itch: moleworks

[10 year anniversary special!] Talpin University [Dating][GXB][BXB](DEMO AVAILABLE)

#1 Post by Mole-chan »

DEMO DOWNLOAD:
https://moleworks.itch.io/talpin-u

STORY

Olivia’s high school years weren’t satisfying, to say the least. Trapped in a small town and perpetually unlucky in love, she vowed to leave it behind the instant that graduation cap flew. She takes her chance now with the nearby (but not too nearby) Talpin University. Both overwhelmed and inspired by the new sights and sounds, she hardly knows what to do with herself.

Could this new school, and the sea of new faces that come with it, be her chance to start fresh? Maybe even find love?

ABOUT

Proposed as a celebration of 10 years of game development under the Moleworks label (yes, really!), "Talpin University" is a crossover dating sim of numerous Moleworks characters past, present, and future. The selection is small now, but set to grow with future patching!

"Talpin" lets the player romance a bevy of datable options, both men and women, in a cozy university setting. All the while, challenging them to balance their social and academic life. The tone is light and fluffy, opting for a good time with a charming student body over high drama.

The game will be released for free, with a demo consisting of Cadfael's route due in August (the anniversary of our first game, "<3"!).

PLAYER CHARACTER

ImageImage

Olivia/Oliver Lund (gender selectable, name changeable)
A recent graduate out to make a fresh start in a new town. Playful, snarky, and frequently irreverent, they are a seeming natural in their new environment. Yet, their fish out of water nature still shows through sometimes.

LOVE INTERESTS

(As most of the focus has been placed on Cadfael's route, some character images may be incomplete. They will be updated as those updates become available.)

Cadfael Trow
Originating Game: "DUÆL"

A popular, ambitious athlete riding off a scholarship. Though his dedication leads some to believe he is aloof, Cadfael is actually exceedingly friendly and charming. Secretly, he barely made it as far as he did, owing to a difficult childhood. He is self-conscious of his grades, and admires intelligence in others.

Full of energy, be prepared to expend your own to interact with Cadfael on his own terms.

---

Seiji Shikine
Originating Game: "A Bird with Gold-Mended Wings" (in development)

A mysterious vocalist for Talpin’s band club. Seiji is the apple of many a student’s eye, but he doesn’t seem to care. Seiji is all work, no play. Spending many a long hour between the band and culture clubs, it’s a wonder he has time for school work. He seems happy enough with that, but is he really?

Valuing politeness above all else, you’ll need to approach Seiji with caution. You have to wonder why he’s so distant towards you…

----

Sterling Fincher
Originating Game: "A Bird with Gold-Mended Wings" (in development)

A quietly rebellious spirit from a rich family. Sterling knows how to lay on the charm, but something about it seems disingenuous. Sterling attended Talpin against his family’s wishes, just for something new. Even in this new environment, he finds it hard to drop the double-speak and duplicity of his former life. Though surrounded by admirers, he has very few real friends.

You’ll have a lot to unpack to see Sterling’s true self, but just maybe it’s worth it.

SCREENSHOTS

PROGRESS

CADFAEL
Outline: Complete!
Writing: Complete!
Art: Complete!

SEIJI
Outline: 20%
Writing: N/A
Art: N/A

STERLING
Outline: 10%
Writing: N/A
Art: N/A

GUI: 100%

CREDITS

logo, writing, art, character design, programming by Mole
gui based on "Cherry Love" template by ds-sans
textbox by OokamiKasumi
backgrounds by MugenJohncel, Mole
music (not featured here) by ParadiseStory and Crysetbase
dating sim engine by Pytom and qirien

This thread is posted primarily as an early announcement for the game, but questions and comments are more than welcome! Does this sound like a game you would play? Who are you most interested in out of the roster? Any feedback is appreciated.
Last edited by Mole-chan on Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

Re: [10 year anniversary special!] Talpin University [Dating][GXB][BxB][GXG in future]

#2 Post by illuminate001 »

Ahhh!!! I remember DUEAL like it was yesterday and I'm stoked to see Cadfael back in action again. The idea of taking your characters and doing an All-Stars/Smash Bros amalgamation is a fun one.

(Which I may or may not try myself someday lol)

I would definitely play and will most likely pursue Cadfael, especially since he's the character I know best. Is it odd for you knowing that Talpin University contains characters from a VN that isn't out yet? When will "A Bird With Gold Mended Wings" be released?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Mole-chan
Veteran

Re: [10 year anniversary special!] Talpin University [Dating][GXB][BxB][GXG in future]

#3 Post by Mole-chan »

illuminate001 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:56 pm Ahhh!!! I remember DUEAL like it was yesterday and I'm stoked to see Cadfael back in action again. The idea of taking your characters and doing an All-Stars/Smash Bros amalgamation is a fun one.

(Which I may or may not try myself someday lol)

I would definitely play and will most likely pursue Cadfael, especially since he's the character I know best. Is it odd for you knowing that Talpin University contains characters from a VN that isn't out yet? When will "A Bird With Gold Mended Wings" be released?
Aww thank you! I'm glad to see you're excited! Gosh, it's weird knowing people still remember that game so fondly, but very touching.

(And I wish you luck on your take. It's definitely been a fun time for me!)

I anticipate a majority of players pursuing Cadfael, since he was very popular in his original material, too. ;3 And oh yeah, it's definitely been a weird little trip. I've joked that these characters might go down as debuting in Talpin. Hopefully not, but we'll see. I'm actually not sure about the release as of yet. I was still revising the script when I'd pulled aside to focus on Talpin, and the pace has been quite slow to make sure I get it right. But, hopefully soon!

Mole-chan
Veteran

#4 Post by Mole-chan »

Sliding back in for an announcement!

The demo containing Cadfael's route will be dropping mid-to-late August!

The game is already largely complete, and all that remains is polishing a few aspects to a mirror shine. Cadfael's route alone clocks in at nearly 50k words! Hopefully, that should be more than enough time to court him (or court him *again*, for returning players!).

The demo will be released on itch.io, and this thread will be updated accordingly.

Please look forward to it!

Mole-chan
Veteran

Re: [10 year anniversary special!] Talpin University [Dating][GXB][BXB](DEMO AVAILABLE)

#5 Post by Mole-chan »

Good news! A demo of Talpin University, containing Cadfael's route, is now available on Itch.io!

A link can be found in the main post, or below:

https://moleworks.itch.io/talpin-u

I hope you all enjoy it.