I'm a love interest in my childhood friend's reverse harem [YaoiJam][Parody][BxB/G][COMPLETE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

I'm a love interest in my childhood friend's reverse harem [YaoiJam][Parody][BxB/G][COMPLETE]

#1 Post by Red-Baby »

A not-so-generic otome game with BL possibilities.

Instead of playing the heroine and choosing between several men that have typical dating-sim personalities, you play as the childhood friend. That's right! The route that's usually the easiest to complete is no longer available.

You are thrust into the world of a reverse harem, where your precious childhood friend is being hit on by two of your classmates. You can choose to either play the role of a love interest and try to win the heroine's heart, or... you can play your own game and try to make the two boys fall for you instead! The choice is yours!

[12-11-2020 : Update 1.1.0 - CG Gallery, Endings List, and three extra CG illustrations have been added]
[13-04-2021 : PDF guide to achieving Endings 00-03 (Romance Endings) are now available on itch.io]

Get it on ITCH.IO or Get it on STEAM

Played the game but now you want more?
Try one of the spin-off games!!
2019 Spooktober Halloween Special! - Fun games at Geum's house
2020 YaoiJam Spin-off - The side characters have a life too!
2021 YaoiJam Spin-off - What do Ao and Hong Yang get up to after the True Ending?

Thank you to our Kickstarter supporters!!
If you would like to continue supporting us so that we can release updates, extra features, maybe even translations, then consider checking out our
PATREON

Character Profiles
Character Bios Emily.png
Character Bios Ao.png
Character Bios Hong Yang.png
And the real protagonist of the story:
Character Bios Geum.png
Screenshots
booooop.png
beeeep.png
Progress:
COMPLETE!
Updates and extra features will be added over time, depending on the development of the sequels and spin-offs.

Features:
- A spin on your everyday otome game
- BxB and BxG routes to play
- Unlockable polyamory route!!!
- Three romanceable characters (2 male 1 female)
- Approx. 7500 w for the demo
- Over 40,000 w for the full release
- Mini games
- Animated chibis
- Original sound track(Thanks to KS funding)
- Original SFX (Thanks to KS funding)
- 20 + CG scenes
- 12 endings
- Phone texting GUI
- Aussie culture
Last edited by Red-Baby on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen

Re: I'm a love interest in my childhood friend's reverse harem [YaoiJam][Parody][BxB/G][Comm]

#2 Post by Red-Baby »

Some early promotional material:
My Childhood Friend promo1.png
My Childhood Friend promo2.png
My Childhood Friend promo3.png
My Childhood Friend promo4.png
My Childhood Friend promo5.png
My Childhood Friend promo6.png
My Childhood Friend promo7.png
My Childhood Friend promo8.png
My Childhood Friend promo9.png

ParrotWatcher
Regular
Completed: Unearth your Gays
Projects: Lovecraft Academy
Tumblr: parrotwatcher
itch: parrotwatcher

Re: I'm a love interest in my childhood friend's reverse harem [YaoiJam][Parody][BxB/G][Comm]

#3 Post by ParrotWatcher »

Red-Baby wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:11 pm 1. What do you think about the premise of the game?
This looks like a very interesting idea, certainly, and I'm very keen to see where it goes. :)

How are you planning on having the female "protagonist" acting? Will she be actively pursuing either you or one of the other guys?
Red-Baby wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:11 pm 2. What do you think about the characters?
I can't really say much with only the descriptions, but they all seem nice. :)

Good luck with the game! :D
Please check out my BL WiP, Lovecraft Academy!

Red-Baby
Veteran

#4 Post by Red-Baby »

ParrotWatcher wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:42 am
Red-Baby wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:11 pm 1. What do you think about the premise of the game?
This looks like a very interesting idea, certainly, and I'm very keen to see where it goes. :)

How are you planning on having the female "protagonist" acting? Will she be actively pursuing either you or one of the other guys?
Red-Baby wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:11 pm 2. What do you think about the characters?
I can't really say much with only the descriptions, but they all seem nice. :)

Good luck with the game! :D
Thank you ParrotWatcher!
Emily will be treating all the boys in a friendly manner, that's all I can say at the moment. =D

Stella123

#5 Post by Stella123 »

I get the feeling it can be like the manga called That summer(Kim hyun) I loved all the characters especially the female character Jumi!
Well all the best with your project looking forward for it!

Red-Baby
Veteran

#6 Post by Red-Baby »

Stella123 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:17 pm I get the feeling it can be like the manga called That summer(Kim hyun) I loved all the characters especially the female character Jumi!
Well all the best with your project looking forward for it!
Thanks Stella!
I haven't heard of that manga yet, I might check it out.
But the idea for this game has been floating in my head for a while, I like making games where you play from a side characters pov rather than the typical protagonist.

Piper
Regular
Projects: Refraction

#7 Post by Piper »

1. What do you think about the premise of the game?

I love it! Games that turn the stereotype on its head are always a treat for me. :)

2. What do you think about the characters?

I think they look great! It's definitely got a very typical otome flavor to it, which is perfect for the concept.

As an additional note, the promotional material you showed in your second post was hilarious. I loved it. XD

Red-Baby
Veteran

#8 Post by Red-Baby »

Piper wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:08 pm 1. What do you think about the premise of the game?

I love it! Games that turn the stereotype on its head are always a treat for me. :)

2. What do you think about the characters?

I think they look great! It's definitely got a very typical otome flavor to it, which is perfect for the concept.

As an additional note, the promotional material you showed in your second post was hilarious. I loved it. XD
Thanks Piper!! I'm glad you liked the promo art =D I'm hoping to make more before the end of the month.

I hope the demo will be a treat for you =)

AdamsAccount
Regular
Projects: ORISHA, Mermaids vs zombies, Lesbian pirate dating sim

#9 Post by AdamsAccount »

Do you mind if when it comes out I do a lets play for my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaE5Rt ... hUg/videos

Red-Baby
Veteran

#10 Post by Red-Baby »

AdamsAccount wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:22 am Do you mind if when it comes out I do a lets play for my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaE5Rt ... hUg/videos
Hi Adam!
Sure, I love watching let's plays of my games. You might have to wait until the end of the year for the full game to be released but the demo will be done in time for yaoi jam.

Red-Baby
Veteran

#11 Post by Red-Baby »

Here's some screenshots of the GUI. Note the backgrounds are unfinished and I'll just be using the lineart versions as placeholders for now.
Choice menus:

Textbox:

For more updates, extra and early content you can check out the game's patron page:
Here

Red-Baby
Veteran

#12 Post by Red-Baby »

Here is just another quick screenshot:

Once the demo is released, I plan to run a kickstarter to help fund the music and other other aspects for the game. So look forward to more posts during August. =]

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#13 Post by Rinima »

*cackles because YES*
This game needs to exist please.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Red-Baby
Veteran

#14 Post by Red-Baby »

Rinima wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:13 pm *cackles because YES*
Haha, thanks Rinima!
I'm working on it =] Currently looking for testers for the demo.

AdamsAccount
Regular
Projects: ORISHA, Mermaids vs zombies, Lesbian pirate dating sim

#15 Post by AdamsAccount »

Red-Baby wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:28 pm
Rinima wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:13 pm *cackles because YES*
Haha, thanks Rinima!
I'm working on it =] Currently looking for testers for the demo.
hey if you're looking for testers I can do that too! Just dm me!