You’ve just inherited your aunt’s bakery in the country’s biggest monster enclave. You’re up to your elbows in debt, and inheriting a small business seems like the answer to your prayers, odd clientele and all. You're the only human in town, but everyone seems pretty friendly. This should be... easy as pie.
How hard can baking a few cakes be, anyway?
Monstra City Bakery includes:
- nine dateable monsters--three bachelorettes, three bachelors, and three nonbinary bachelorennes for you to get to know and romance as you make your home in Monstra City
- choosable name and pronouns for the player character: yes, you can be nonbinary!
- all characters dateable by all player genders--no need to be called the wrong pronouns for an entire playthrough just to date the monster of your dreams!
- a dateable giant spider
- so, so many baked goods. Just, like, so many
- Of the nine dateable characters in Monstra City Bakery, FIVE of them have had their routes completely written out! Each route is clocking in at between 12,000 and 15,000 words. With all the routes and all the other bakery shenanigans, the game will easily reach 150k words, if not more
- The game's GUI is all coded in and functional, as you can see:
- All of the character art / sprite work is done!
- And all of the programming is in place--everything functions, it's just a matter of placing the content into the framework.
I'm a young adult and a one-man band; I'm doing all of the writing, all of the art, and all of the programming for this game myself. I've been diligently working since October 2017--It's been a labor of love, and I'm having a blast with it. I intend to distribute commercially through Steam and itch.io.
I'm looking for a musician to help breathe life into Monstra City, and looking for someone who's trademarked things before to offer some advice on trademark issues. If you can offer any help with those things, I would be extremely grateful!
Lastly, if you're interested in keeping up with Monstra City Bakery, you can check out our site here, or if you're interested in supporting the project and getting cool stuff like stickers or charms in return, you can check us out on Patreon here.
Thank you for checking out this project, and thank you for showing interest. I appreciate it more than I can express.
We're going to have a great time in Monstra City!