Offcuts [BxG][Romance][Slice of life][Action][Adult 18+]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sawer

Offcuts [BxG][Romance][Slice of life][Action][Adult 18+]

#1 Post by sawer »

Offcuts is a visual novel about a young man, Cole, returning back to his hometown after living elsewhere for a few years. While adapting to his new school life he encounters new people and old acquaintances that he previously left behind. It will be up to you to guide him wisely - or at least well enough to keep him in one piece.

This is an adult visual novel, but all adult scenes can be skipped and much of the focus is still on the story and characters. There is also some amount of violence, but nothing that you wouldn't see on mainstream TV. Body count stays well below a typical 80's action movie.

Currently, three of the heroines (Nina, Melissa and Amy) have their finished story in the game. The next girl to get their storyline is Alice. This game has already been out for a while but now that the latest version is finally out I decided to post about it in here too. I have also been working on the shader effects for Ren'Py and this game also shows some of the effects that can be done to make the backgrounds and characters look a little bit more alive (you can dig my post history or other YouTube videos from that channel to find some old discussion about this).

The game is free for everyone, but my Patreon supporters get early access, previews and other bonus content. And I just started posting on Twitter, so follow me if you want to stay updated. Join the crew if you want to see more!

Features

6 full storylines planned, currently 3 girls have finished arcs with several endings
Currently over 235,000 words of content (+15 hours of reading)
Over 300 rendered GC's and backgrounds
Simple animations for many backgrounds and characters

Download

Downloads for Window, Linux, macOS and Android on itch.io (NSFW link)

Characters

Cole
The hero (or at least the protagonist) of the story. He has just decided to part ways with Nina's family and to move back into his hometown. Reserved, but most of the time polite and optimistic - if only because Nina doesn't let him be anything else.

Amy
An old but estranged friend of the protagonist. Bright, friendly and equipped with a sharp intuition. She could sell you anything (but won't, unless she thinks you need it).

Nina. Another friend of the protagonist. He has been living with her family after he decided to leave his hometown a few years ago. She knows everything better than you and is not afraid to say it, especially if it is about the protagonist. Don't ruffle her hair, it is messy enough as it is.

Melissa
The vice-president and an unofficial ruler of the school's student council. Smart, rich and dangerous - at least according to school rumors. Avoid in all situations or at least keep all exits in sight when talking to her.

Kate
The lively, multi-talented sports star of the school. She can swim, run and and ride a bike like a pro. Well, she can ride some other things too according to school rumors. Very friendly towards everyone, no matter their gender.

Alice
A new transfer student, just like the protagonist. Shy and introverted, but can be lured in with sandwiches and headpats.

Helen
Alice's aunt and current legal guardian. A busy businesswoman trying to juggle parenting and her work.

Jane
Protagonist's self-appointed big sister. She is that person who is never invited to any family reunions - often for good reasons. Her job description says 'troubleshooter' but she tends to cause trouble and shootings instead of preventing them.

James
Melissa's personal driver (or "chauffeur" as he likes it). Grim, cynical and tends to keep something more than a spare tire in his car's trunk.

Special guest star Fluffie
Amy's cat.

Some screenshots:

That's all for now, feel free to ask any questions! And now that I'm here I'll ask you a few questions (if you want to answer)!

-Have you already seen or played this visual novel?
-Your favorite character?
-Your favorite scene?
-Biggest flaws in the story?
-What do you think about the art? Many people dislike 3D-art, but as a team of one person it's the only thing that fits my skill set at the moment.

And of course feel free to talk about anything else. What could be improved or what did you enjoy?