I'm Andy Mitchell, the writer and designer of the Solar Echoes RPG and the owner of Corefun Studios, LLC.
I'm excited to announce that I've been working on my first visual novel, The Star Legation!
https://corefunstudios.itch.io/the-star ... n/purchase
The Star Legation is a Sci-Fi Visual Novel game set during the pre-history of the Solar Echoes universe. You don't need any knowledge of Solar Echoes to enjoy the game, but you might notice some “easter eggs” if you're familiar. The story begins...
Why Trey Donovan? Establishing a peaceful alliance between aliens and humans will be a difficult task, and Trey is far from the ideal candidate to represent the human race. Trey has grown up entirely in human-centric surroundings and has never ventured beyond our territories. Unfortunately, he also has absolutely no training in diplomacy. However, despite his dishonorable discharge from the military, he showed great leadership during his years of service. Even now, while banished to an exile colony, he has managed to bring law and order to a planet overrun with criminals and anarchists.
The universe has become smaller after the discovery of faster-than-light speed travel, and though some have reached out in peace, others have become locked in bitter wars and will soon turn their eyes upon us.
An alliance must be formed! To do this, emissaries will journey across the universe as a peace legation to the homeworlds of each alien race, then convince their leaders to send a representative to join the Interstellar Union. It is a dangerous gamble and will be a perilous operation. Will the alien crew be able to get along and survive the entire mission together? Will Trey?
If Trey even accepts this mission, he will need to adjust to the aliens and lead them successfully. Trey's decisions and his words may usher us into a new era of peace, trade, and cultural exchange. Or, he may doom us all to a massive interstellar war that could mean the complete annihilation of humankind!
- The Star Legation’s beautifully authentic style blends realism with a cel-shaded, anime touch. Design, art, and audio create a unique space-opera atmosphere.
- 100's of decisions to make in this choice-driven branching story
- Experience an engaging narrative filled with intrigue, humor, science, treachery, and heart.
- Detailed background art, cinematic camera work, expressive character sprites, and animated sequences make this visual novel a dynamic experience!
- 32 possible endings (including 5 main endings)
- Build relationships with memorable characters and develop a reputation that will alter the course of the story!
- Over 20 hours of gameplay, with additional hours in alternate routes and endings
- Awesome SciFi soundtrack by Andy Mitchell, featuring over 75 minutes of original music!
- 15+ High Res CG's to unlock, designed by the talented artist, Aeghite!
- RPG elements with 8 different character design skill choices to make
- Hidden skill-related choices based on your character design that unlock extra routes
- Optional Combat (auto-win option), or Challenge Mode
- Optional Romance story routes with 2 human characters
Story Design and Programming: by Andy Mitchell
Character Sprite Artwork: by John Fell and Aeghite
Starship Interior Background Artwork: by Alexis Rill and Aeghite
Starships, Space Backgrounds, and Planet Backgrounds: by Lee Madison and Aeghite
CG's: by Aeghite
Graphical User Interface: by John Fell
Music: by Andy Mitchell
Visual Novel Webpage: https://www.starlegation.com/
Tabletop RPG Webpage: http://www.solarechoes.com/
Solar Echoes Video Comic on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y29Hjfkm39g
Questions for Forum Readers
What about this game interests you most? What doesn't interest you?
What's your impression of the game so far?
What do you think of the characters? Any favorites?
Since the game is based on the Solar Echoes RPG game universe, does that make you more or less interested in playing it?
Any other comments, questions, or feedback?