[Demo] The Star Legation [Sci-fi][Adventure][RPG Elements][Romance][Space Opera] Releases on Steam and itch.io Feb. 4

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Chimaera9
Regular
Completed: Solar Echoes (Tabletop RPG)
Projects: The Star Legation (Scifi Visualnovel)

Re: [Kickstarter is Live!] The Star Legation [Sci-fi][Adventure][RPG Elements][Romance][Space Opera][Dramedy][Mystery]

#16 Post by Chimaera9 »

Developer interview is now up on GameCuddle, check it out!

https://gamecuddle.com/our-interview-wi ... -legation/

Chimaera9
Regular

Re: [Kickstarter FINAL DAYS!] The Star Legation [Sci-fi][Adventure][RPG Elements][Romance][Space Opera][Dramedy][Mystery

#17 Post by Chimaera9 »

There are only a few days left for the Kickstarter!

It was unfortunate to launch at the beginning of these uncertain times, but even if it looks like it probably won't reach the funding goal, it would be encouraging to know if more of you would like to see this project happen. You could let me know by a personal note or by pledging just $1 to show your interest and support:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... novel-game

Thanks to everyone who has already contributed!

If you've tried the demo or play through it in the future, please let me know what you think of it, I'd love to hear your feedback on my first game as a solo developer!
Stay safe out there, everyone!
-Andy

Chimaera9
Regular

Re: [Kickstarter FINAL DAYS!] The Star Legation [Sci-fi][Adventure][RPG Elements][Romance][Space Opera][Dramedy][Mystery

#18 Post by Chimaera9 »

A short playthrough on Shattered Controller's Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSAMUHz ... dex=8&t=0s

Chimaera9
Regular

#19 Post by Chimaera9 »

Chimaera9
Regular

Re: [FREE Demo] The Star Legation [Sci-fi][Adventure][RPG Elements][Romance][Space Opera][Dramedy][Mystery]

#20 Post by Chimaera9 »

The webpage and title art for The Star Legation has been updated! Check it out here:

https://www.starlegation.com

Chimaera9
Regular

Re: [FREE Demo] The Star Legation [Sci-fi][Adventure][RPG Elements][Romance][Space Opera][Dramedy][Mystery]

#21 Post by Chimaera9 »

OmulGreeting.png

New update for The Star Legation visual novel!
Our crew has landed on the mysterious alien Omul planet, and two of them are venturing forth in an attempt to meet with their leaders.
But...how far will they get? Success or failure depends on the Trey's decisions in this choice-driven space opera!

Saitogami
Regular
Projects: Danganronpa F: Shattered Hope (as Pocket), Once More (as Boss), Cybermania (as Tesla), Lionheart Paragon (as Zetsu), Everstory (as Jack),
Organization: Third Man Entertainment
IRC Nick: Josh
Soundcloud: Saitogami

#22 Post by Saitogami »

Hi Chimaera,

I wanted to say that this game looks fantastic, and I wanted to ask what was the inspiration of this series for you? I have always been a fan of Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy and this seems like it fuses both of them together. I've also been a fan of Star Trek and it gives off those vibes as well. What has been the inspiration for you?

Chimaera9
Regular

#23 Post by Chimaera9 »

Hi Saitogami,

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like it! I have a number of inspirations, but honestly, none of them were Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, or Star Trek. Some of my inspirations probably date back to my tabletop role-playing days and some of the early computer games I played. I loved playing games like Top Secret and Dungeons and Dragons. When I designed the Solar Echoes TTRPG, I wanted to capture some of that spy craft and I can definitely attribute some of the inspiration to one of my favorite TV shows, Burn Notice. Solar Echoes is a mission-based game where you're part of a Union Guard special forces unit for the Interstellar Union, but The Star Legation is actually a prehistory to all that--it's about the brave people that went on a dangerous mission to start the Interstellar Union.

The alien races themselves are actually all designed based on a series of questions about life. What are some of the strongest organisms on Earth? If they survived and spread to other planets, what would they become, and how would they build their societies? How would their individual biologies affect the way their societies formed?

As for the protagonist in The Star Legation, Trey Donovan, I have heard comparisons to Star Lord and Han Solo, but hearing that was honestly a surprise to me at first (though I definitely do see some similarities now.) I wrote Trey based on my own experience, actually--I grew up in the Southwest and never traveled far beyond my city. But when I came out to the East Coast for college, all of a sudden there were people from all over the world, with a wide variety of cultures. It was really exciting for me, and yet I also felt a little bit like an alien because I was so unfamiliar with other cultures at the time. Trey is going through a similar situation in The Star Legation: he grew up among only humans, and he suddenly has to live together with aliens who have cultures quite different from his own.

There's one more thing about Trey Donovan that I realized months after I'd decided on his name. The actor for Michael Westen in Burn Notice is Jeffrey DONOVAN. Interesting how the mind works!

Best,
Andy

Chimaera9
Regular

#24 Post by Chimaera9 »

Exciting News!

The Star Legation Kickstarter launches Wednesday, September 30! The goal is to raise funding for partial voice acting in the game, which will involve all the private conversations the protagonist, Trey, has with the human women. These scenes all take place in Trey's private quarters, long-distance, and reveal an insightful look at Trey's character, including his motivations, past, and hopes. These scenes also involve possible relationship development if the player chooses to pursue either (or both!) of the women romantically.

Check out the Kickstarter for sample videos of voice acting in the game:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... ice-acting

Please consider supporting the Kickstarter for exclusive rewards! Don't wait too long, or you might miss some of the limited awards. Here is a graphic showing the available awards, with the early-bird award highlighted--a great deal which includes the game, soundtrack, and artbook!

Let's make The Star Legation visual novel even better, together!
-Andy
Corefun Studios, LLC
Attachments
RewardsThumbnails.png

Chimaera9
Regular

Re: [Kickstarter][FREE Demo] The Star Legation [Sci-fi][Adventure][RPG Elements][Romance][Space Opera][Dramedy][Mystery]

#25 Post by Chimaera9 »

The Kickstarter has just launched!!!

Check out The Star Legation Kickstarter here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... ice-acting

Exciting times!

Chimaera9
Regular

Re: [Kickstarter][FREE Demo] The Star Legation [Sci-fi][Adventure][RPG Elements][Romance][Space Opera][Dramedy][Mystery]

#26 Post by Chimaera9 »

A major news network for the Philippines, GMA News, just ran a feature article about The Star Legation visual novel and the voice actor I'm hoping to work with, Josh Portillo!

I'm trying to raise support through a Kickstarter to employ voice actors in my game:
https://kickstarter.com/projects/starle ... ce-acting

Check out the article here: https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/scitech ... oal/story/
GMAnewsArticle.png

Chimaera9
Regular

Re: [LIVE Kickstarter][Demo] The Star Legation [Sci-fi][Adventure][RPG Elements][Romance][Space Opera][Dramedy][Mystery]

#27 Post by Chimaera9 »

We're halfway there, and only 2 weeks left!
Please help support the Kickstarter for The Star Legation so voice acting can be added to the game.

https://kickstarter.com/projects/starle ... ce-acting

3 New Awards have been added to the campaign:

$40 Special Access: EXTENDED DEMO! You will be able to play beyond the original demo for another 45 minutes, for a total of 90 minutes game time! Encounter the alien Omuls in space, and if you survive, fly to their bizarre planet and negotiate with their leaders! This will be exclusive to backers--nobody else will see this new content until the full game releases. You will also receive all previous non-limited lower tier awards.

$125 TTRPG Collector:
(Limited) For a true collector: You will receive original, 2012 limited edition prints of the Solar Echoes Player's Guide ( 216 pg) and Mission Controller's Guide (176 pg) in paperback, signed by the game creator. Only 100 Player's Guides were ever printed, and only 50 Mission Controller's Guides. You will also receive all previous non-limited lower tier awards.

$135 Uniquely Composed
(Limited) You will receive an original musical composition, written for you by the composer of The Star Legation soundtrack! 90 seconds maximum, delivered in digital format. You will also receive all previous non-limited lower tier awards.

Chimaera9
Regular

Re: [Demo] The Star Legation [Sci-fi][Adventure][RPG Elements][Romance][Space Opera]

#28 Post by Chimaera9 »

The Kickstarter was close, reaching 67% of our goal, but the campaign didn't get far enough in time. Thanks to everyone who helped support this game!

At this point, partial voice acting will be made possible through donations through the itch.io page for The Star Legation. All donations from this point on will be put towards voice acting. Your gift would be very appreciated, and can be sent here:

https://corefunstudios.itch.io/the-star-legation Just click the pink "Download Now" button, and you can enter your donation.

Thank you for your support! We'll make this game even better with voice acting!

Chimaera9
Regular

Release Date: Feb. 4, 2022! New features...

#29 Post by Chimaera9 »

The Star Legation will release on Steam and itch.io, February 4, 2022!

The game is currently in beta, and testers are sending in their reports and reactions. I am also working to resolve an issue with the Mac export, and hope to have that solved before the release date (I delayed the original December 21st release date due to this issue.) Regardless of the status with the Mac version, the PC version will release on February 4th, though it is my hope to release both simultaneously so Mac users won't be left out.
New Additions:

* I have added voice acting for the 5 epilogues if you unlock the major endings. Talented voice actors Josh Portillo (Trey), Katie Otten (Sarah), and Sayaka Mashiro (Kaori) will each act the 5 different endings, and the voice actor you hear will be determined by the relationship decisions you made between Trey and the two ladies. 5 variations of the ending CG will be displayed during the epilogues, designed by the fantastic artist, Aeghite!

* I am also putting together an OST that will include all 40 of the musical pieces I have composed for this game, totaling over 90 minutes of original music! The OST will be available for purchase alongside the game when released.

* I have implemented a beta-tester's idea to have a scene map that you can access if you die in the game. You can choose to reload from your last save, or replay one of the scenes you have unlocked as you progress through the game.

I'm very excited to release this epic space adventure soon!

-Andy

Corefun Studios, LLC

Chimaera9
Regular

Re: [Demo] The Star Legation [Sci-fi][Adventure][RPG Elements][Romance][Space Opera] Releases on Steam and itch.io Feb.

#30 Post by Chimaera9 »

The Star Legation has been approved by Steam and is all set to release on 2/4/22! It will release for PC on both Steam and itch.io.
WindowsReleaseMacDelay.jpg
The Mac version has been delayed due to export and testing problems. I don't own a Mac, and have to rely on beta testers to thoroughly test the newly exported version, which had to be run through the Japanese version of the game engine in order to export. There are errors and some coding has been necessary. The viability of the Mac build is uncertain at this time, so release is delayed until a solid build can be fully confirmed. Mac users, thanks for your patience!