Night and Day is a dating sim visual novel about art, coming of age and jazz music.
Our protagonist, Paul, moves to Paris in 1950, pursuing his dream of becoming a great artist. He will meet an assortment of other "bohemians" trying to live out their dreams, being it becoming a painter as Paul, a writer or a jazz musician.
• Gilles, undefined age (but he swears he’s 18). Romani, plays the guitar in the street. He’s cheeky, vibrant and passionate... and a liar. He acts childish and has a tendency to get in trouble, but he has lived too much for his age and can be cold and mean when he drops the façade of the cheerful and immature guy.
• Ferdinand works at night in the 55 Jazz Club as a barman, and watches full time over his elder sister, Ophelia, who sings in the club and is currently dating a mafia boss. He doesn’t trust people easily, due to a rough childhood and teenage years in the Antilles, going through hunger and abuse in different relatives’ houses. He always puts his sister before his own needs.
- Four love interests.
- Interactive map to choose the location you want to visit.
- Skippable raising stats (they are not necessary if you just want to see the love interest's route, but it adds more endings and extra scenes).
- Around 200k words.
- Writing and coding: yours truly, Ertal.
- Sprites and CGs: Marimo.
- Backgrounds artist: Saedee.
- Logo: Lizz.
- Music: fricochet.
I'll update the post once we have more art finished! But for now, what do you think? Do you like the setting? What love interest seems more appealing to you? What do you think of raising stats in a dating sim and the fact they are optional, yay or nay?
Looking forward to your feedback!
Remember we have a Discord server where you can follow the project and get regular updates! -->https://discord.gg/ZUFsg9v
And also a Patreon in case you want to support funding the game --> https://www.patreon.com/ertal