Degraman: Act I. Vincent & Cassel [GxB][Demo, Otome, Drama, Romance, Thriller, Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
degraman
Tumblr: degraman

Degraman: Act I. Vincent & Cassel [GxB][Demo, Otome, Drama, Romance, Thriller, Mystery]

#1 Post by degraman »

You live a normal life. You listen to your mother like a good daughter. You go to College like a good student. You take care of stray cats like a good Samaritan. Life is measured, dull, and monotonous, but calm and predictable. You always know that tomorrow will be the same as it is today. The same as it was yesterday...
But all of that is gone in a moment, washed away in a stream of crystal clear water.
The beginning of your new life is marked by the appearance of mysterious kidnappers. They don't ask for your permission, nor do they care if you're prepared. Not before dragging you into an unknown world full of strange, incomprehensible, mystical, and sometimes terrible things.
But you are not afraid, for these same very people are ready to protect you with their lives. Extremely attractive, they give all of their attention to you. You're important to them. You're special. What's more, you ARE one of them; superhumans waging an invisible war for the salvation of all mankind.
Life is awash with color now that you are no longer an ordinary person who is invisible to the eyes of the world...now that you're his Savior...
But what if none of that were true?
What if you were still the same gray figure the entire world saw you as?
What if you were just a bargaining chip in a game for depraved superhumans? A game with no rules. A game in which every mistake leads to an inevitable and cruel death. A game in which the correct path is not always obvious.
Only by straddling the line between evil and greater evil are you able to snatch your chance at survival.
But is it worth it..?
---
Degraman - is an otome visual novel designed for a wide audience, both female and male alike.
The story takes place in a fantastic world that is not very different from own.
The romance is flavored not only with drama, humor and fan service, but suspense and horror, which are all accompanied by a fantastic entourage of characters.

(For the full game)
  • 21 Chapters
  • 15+ Endings
  • 12+ Original Music Tracks
  • 80+ CGs
  • 30+ BGs
  • 2 romanceable love interests, and 8 side characters with whom you can flirt and perhaps even have an affair
  • The possibility of completing the game without romancing anyone
  • 10+ hours of gameplay
  • Adult sexual content
  • Secret characters and other plot twists that all rely on your choices
Additional routes, romances, and stories will be coming later

As long as we are in the middle of the process of preparing the game for the final release, we need as much feedback from you as possible.
Share your thoughts of:
  • Story/writings
  • Music/sound
  • Characters
  • Visuals
and just feel free to share your thoughts and ideas

degraman

Re: Degraman: Act I. Vincent & Cassel [GxB][Demo, Otome, Drama, Romance, Thriller, Mystery]

#2 Post by degraman »

Updates:
1. We have added two more characters to the original post: Erica and Rodion.
2. Steam demo is available

degraman

Re: Degraman: Act I. Vincent & Cassel [GxB][Demo, Otome, Drama, Romance, Thriller, Mystery]

#3 Post by degraman »

Hey, everyone!
Help needed!
Currently, we are working on releasing the demo on Google Play store and found out that it's much more complicated, than we've thought before. If you wish to help us to find bugs and you have some time, please follow the instruction below:
  • Install the beta-version
  • If during the game you will notice something (everything) inappropriate - write either here in comments section or in messages to our twitter or to a special form​​ (or to our email degraman.vn@gmail.com)
  • Besides the bug information, please leave your android version and your phone model
Your help will be much appreciated!​

SideGroupGames
itch: https://side-group.i

#4 Post by SideGroupGames »

I played your demo through the Google Play store, and overall I really enjoyed the experience! The music is well done and the art is gorgeous to look at. The concept is interesting for a romantic plot, with "superpowers" and a dynamic where the player can easily feel used. It keeps you guessing and leaves open lots of different routes to try out. Also, Cass's t-shirts are a super nice, subtle touch and I found myself looking forward to seeing what he'd pop up in next. Added a nice level of humor and character.

I did not experience a lot of bugs, but I did notice that here or there, the "next" arrow did not always appear at the end of a segment of text. I experienced this after asking Vincent and Cass for their names, and once when telling Ian I didn't understand him. It's very minor but thought it might be important to note.

The biggest criticism I have is one of the dialogue options that allow the player to say "I'd rather have you rape me." This line felt unnecessary and inappropriate, and I think could potentially cause some backlash. I would either replace the line with something less violent/graphic/insensitive or take it out completely.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the complete project. I hope you get all of the feedback you need and good luck!

degraman

#5 Post by degraman »

SideGroupGames wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:03 pm I played your demo through the Google Play store, and overall I really enjoyed the experience! The music is well done and the art is gorgeous to look at. The concept is interesting for a romantic plot, with "superpowers" and a dynamic where the player can easily feel used. It keeps you guessing and leaves open lots of different routes to try out. Also, Cass's t-shirts are a super nice, subtle touch and I found myself looking forward to seeing what he'd pop up in next. Added a nice level of humor and character.

I did not experience a lot of bugs, but I did notice that here or there, the "next" arrow did not always appear at the end of a segment of text. I experienced this after asking Vincent and Cass for their names, and once when telling Ian I didn't understand him. It's very minor but thought it might be important to note.

The biggest criticism I have is one of the dialogue options that allow the player to say "I'd rather have you rape me." This line felt unnecessary and inappropriate, and I think could potentially cause some backlash. I would either replace the line with something less violent/graphic/insensitive or take it out completely.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the complete project. I hope you get all of the feedback you need and good luck!
Wow! Thanks for your help and feedback! It was a little bit unexpected to see a feedback here (I posted here just in case). Glad you liked the plot - the idea was to show all the characters and to "hook" as much as possible to make people pay attention to the full version.
Thanks for the bugreport (ctc), I've found the root cause and fix will be deployed in the nearest update. Very useful!
Regarding your biggest criticism, I have a question (no offence, I'm really wondering, since it's my first project and I obviously have no experience).
The question is:
Isn't that enough by itself, that these words are just an choice option, which means player may choose another option and such behavior isn't necessary for MC?
I mean, a player chooses who the MC is, which character she will have, will the MC be good or evil, violent or soft after all.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

degraman wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:36 pmIsn't that enough by itself, that these words are just an choice option, which means player may choose another option and such behavior isn't necessary for MC?
I mean, a player chooses who the MC is, which character she will have, will the MC be good or evil, violent or soft after all.
Hey there, I haven't played your game, but my opinion may still be helpful anyway.

Rape is a very sensitive topic, and for a female main character to say (or even have the option to say) that she would rather be sexually assaulted than whatever the other option is could be very upsetting to some. Even if a person doesn't choose this option, reading this line without any warning or indication that it would be coming could be shocking. It strikes me, personally, as not very tasteful.

degraman

#7 Post by degraman »

Zelan wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:39 pm Hey there, I haven't played your game, but my opinion may still be helpful anyway.

Rape is a very sensitive topic, and for a female main character to say (or even have the option to say) that she would rather be sexually assaulted than whatever the other option is could be very upsetting to some. Even if a person doesn't choose this option, reading this line without any warning or indication that it would be coming could be shocking. It strikes me, personally, as not very tasteful.
Oh, really? OK. That's a bit unexpected information for me. But thanks anyway.
I will keep in mind your words about warning (since we are in the middle of the development process and we're comparatively flexible in thin way) and we think about adding an option to turn on/off such things. Just to let a player know what to expect from the game

degraman

#8 Post by degraman »

Hey, everyone!
Demo is available on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... m.degraman
Please rate and leave a comment. This will help new players who are unfamiliar with the game, first notice it, and second learn what to expect from it.​

​63 people responded to our help request for beta testing! This is 63 more people than we've expected.
Thank you all for your help, your responsiveness and kindness!​
From our side, we work so hard to make the game faster and in the best quality.

Information for beta testers:
If you want to install the public version instead of the beta version, follow these steps (we really didn't know it was so difficult, sorry):
1. Delete the game
2. Go to Google Play and go to settings -> Google Play settings - > " Exit beta testing programs" or something similar
3. Follow the link and install the game again - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .degraman​

And your comments and ratings are not visible to everyone (because they were related to the beta version). Once again, we're sorry that we make you do everything 2 times

degraman

#9 Post by degraman »

We have released a teaser!

degraman

#10 Post by degraman »

Here's our second teaser, which will be part of the upcoming trailer.!

degraman

#11 Post by degraman »

Here's our trailer!