Tidal Blossoms [Romance] [BxG] [Island-Themed] DEMO AVAILABLE NOW!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DollhouseRose
Regular
Completed: Graveyard Girls & Starlight Shores
Projects: Graveyard Girls & Starlight Shores
Organization: Delphinium Interactive
itch: tidalblossoms

Tidal Blossoms [Romance] [BxG] [Island-Themed] DEMO AVAILABLE NOW!

#1 Post by DollhouseRose »

Tidal Blossoms is an island-themed romance game, DEMO AVAILABLE NOW on itchio!

The Story

DamonPromoSmall.png
In the summer before his final year of undergrad, Damon moves away from campus with his roommate Jace. The town of Seaside is a popular tourist destination, and Jace’s hometown. Damon plans to work part-time and enjoy his first “real” summer, finally free of claustrophobic student-housing.

After Damon’s parents find out that he’s going through with the move, they cut off all financial assistance. His job search suddenly becomes about more than extra cash. Despite their demands to stay on campus and study during the summer, Damon craves freedom. Rent isn’t cheap in a beachfront cottage, and he needs to find a job quickly. With Jace’s help, Damon narrows down his options to three local spots…

In Tidal Blossoms, you take control of Damon’s choices. Spend your summer working at a bookstore, café, or surf shop! Get to know your co-worker, become good friends, and spend your summer vacation together as you grow closer.

The Cast

Mia
MiaPromoSmall.png
Mia is a natural athlete. As a passionate surfer, diver, and volleyball player, people find it hard to keep up with her constant energy. Despite her love for sports and bubbly personality, Mia strays away from the crowd. Labeled as stubborn and lacking in teamwork during high school, she dedicated herself to finding balance in life through meditation. She found peace in the solitude of nature and practices yoga daily. Still, she has difficulty containing her inner fire and often lacks a filter. Mia is constantly in motion.

Ivy
IvyPromoSmall.png
For three generations, Ivy’s family has run the local bookstore “Seaside Tales”. Charming and sweet at work, Ivy knows retail well. As an avid reader and gardener, she spends her free time nurturing plants and researching their cultivation in her extensive library. Although addiction isn’t her best trait, it’s a noticeable one. If Ivy goes without her three daily coffees, she’s a zombie until she recaffeinates. Ivy is a night owl and often gets bored throughout the evening. She collects puzzles and card games to keep busy. Lately, locals have seen a change in Ivy. Suddenly short-tempered and quiet at work, she has drove away more than one customer.

Alice
AlicePromoSmall.png
A newcomer to Seaside, not many people have gotten to know Alice in the year since her arrival. She works as a barista at the local coffee shop and loves Chai lattes. Although her warm smile and “How can I help you?” charms customers and earns her tips, Alice’s eyes seems faraway. Outside of work, locals would describe her as hard to read, quiet, and aloof. However, Alice does not lack confidence. She’s been known to have a strong sense of leadership in the workplace, and earned herself a spot as a manager at Josie’s.

About the Demo:

- Approximately 20k words
- OST
- 3 CGs
- Many choices and paths to take
- 1 Mini-Game (not necessary to win/does not affect narrative)
- Minimal placeholder assets (1 background, some sfx/music, etc.)

A few questions for you…

What do you think of the art assets? Who are you most interested in befriending/romancing? Are you interested in trying the demo, why or why not? Any additional comments are welcome as well! Tidal Blossoms has only been in development since mid-September, so we still have plenty of opportunity to rework the story and features.

Team Credits:

Lead Developer & Programmer
Sam Kerr

Character & CG Artist
Liah Momiji

CG & Background Artist
Tanuma-San

Lead Composer
AlcaKnight

Mini-Game Programmer
Kia Azad

UI Designer
Andrew Tsan

Background Artist
BackgroundTK

Logo Designer
Re.Alice

Background Artist
Ari Annga
Attachments
Logo.png
Last edited by DollhouseRose on Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: Tidal Blossoms [Romance] [BxG] [Island-Themed]

#2 Post by Kokoro Hane »

What do you think of the art assets?

They look really nice! Love the bright BGs and the shiny hair of the heroines!

Who are you most interested in befriending/romancing?

As of now, probably Mia, since she seems like an energetic type--which is always fun to interact with!

Are you interested in trying the demo, why or why not?

I always love getting a taste of a game I am looking forward to, so I will most likely try the demo if I have time!

Additional Comments

This game looks really charming, chill, and cute! I also see you have Alcaknight as a lead composer, which is great, they always make such excellent music! It's also often hard to find many BxG games, especially ones of the non-adult rated variety, so I am really excited to try this and play matchmaker for our MC! Also I find it really neat how you have the choice of giving the MC 1 of 3 jobs, which is how you meet and interact with the heroine of choice.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

DollhouseRose
Regular

#3 Post by DollhouseRose »

Kokoro Hane wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:43 pm What do you think of the art assets?

They look really nice! Love the bright BGs and the shiny hair of the heroines!

Who are you most interested in befriending/romancing?

As of now, probably Mia, since she seems like an energetic type--which is always fun to interact with!

Are you interested in trying the demo, why or why not?

I always love getting a taste of a game I am looking forward to, so I will most likely try the demo if I have time!

Additional Comments

This game looks really charming, chill, and cute! I also see you have Alcaknight as a lead composer, which is great, they always make such excellent music! It's also often hard to find many BxG games, especially ones of the non-adult rated variety, so I am really excited to try this and play matchmaker for our MC! Also I find it really neat how you have the choice of giving the MC 1 of 3 jobs, which is how you meet and interact with the heroine of choice.
Thank you so much for this detailed feedback! It is really appreciated.

Sorry for the delayed response, I spent the past month focusing on cleaning up the demo and delayed it briefly to have some more art assets completed. I've got to get an itch.io page prepared, and then after some more testing it will be ready to launch. Also, thanks for noting the heroines shiny hair, it's one of my favourite qualities that Liah included in their design.

The demo will be ready shortly, I can't wait to see what you think of it, if you have the time of course! :)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#4 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I definitely will be playing the demo! Once you have an itch.io, I'll definitely follow to stay up to date ^^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

What do you think of the art assets?: They're very pretty and polished. (:
Who are you most interested in befriending/romancing?: I like all three of them, but Ivy is probably my favorite. She reminds me of both myself and my fiancee, which is an... interesting combo, but I think I'll enjoy getting to know her.
Are you interested in trying the demo, why or why not?: I don't really play demos anymore - I have so many complete visual novels that I still want to play, and so little time. Looking forward to the full release though (:

DollhouseRose
Regular

#6 Post by DollhouseRose »

promo artfinalsmall.png
The Tidal Blossoms Demo is almost here!
Tomorrow at around 12:00 pm EST the Tidal Blossoms demo will go live on itch.io so please keep an eye out for an updated post tomorrow with our YouTube trailer and a download link. We are super excited! We've included a preview of our promo art. Are you excited to play?

DollhouseRose
Regular

Re: Tidal Blossoms [Romance] [BxG] [Island-Themed] DEMO AVAILABLE NOW!

#7 Post by DollhouseRose »

The Tidal Blossoms Demo is now live on itch.io!