Kingmaker 0.14 (VN/ Dating Sim/ Prince Trainer/ Kingdom Manager/ 18+)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KingmakerVN
Regular
Projects: Kingmaker

Kingmaker 0.14 (VN/ Dating Sim/ Prince Trainer/ Kingdom Manager/ 18+)

#1 Post by KingmakerVN »

Hello!

I've come to you to offer my passion project, Kingmaker, for criticism. I'm open to suggestions as to where I should take this. (I feel like I wrote a lot, you can skip all of this if you want. The links are at the bottom.)

Now, I feel like I should start by admitting that I wouldn't describe myself as neither an artist, nor a writer, nor a coder. All of those things I can only do at a rudimentary level. But this is the type of game that I always dreamed of playing, so I just had to try and make it. And I do want to increase the quality! Get someone that is better than the chicken scratch I call drawings, or someone to fix my dumb mistakes when writing, but right now I can only afford me, hahahaha.

Synopsys
In this game you will play as the prince of a petty kingdom, whose road to the throne is less than certain. His lands are ravaged by war, scheming lords, debt, factionalism, among other things. But he will have to rise to the occasion nonetheless, secure his line, and prove that he truly is a great king... or die trying.

About the game

You will play the first day of each week, which is meant to set the example of what your character does the rest of that week. I found this made more sense than a day to day game for the logic of how fast skills increase, how quickly relationships develop, and the time between game events, etc.

That first day will then be divided in four stages. Morning, Noon, Evening and Night.

During the morning you will hold court. That is the time when subjects of the kingdom will bring you petitions for you to give your judgement.

Your choices will affect how the kingdom sees you as a ruler. With this in mind it will be near impossible to please all the factions, and they might rebel or scheme if their support reaches zero. Having a good relationship with them on the other hand might unlock different things that are more pleasant.

Your skill level (More on that in a bit) might also unlock different solutions for the problems brought to the court. These options are usually better.

After holding court, the noon and evening times you will spend them in the map menu. There you can decide which skills you will develop during the week.

Map

1. The training icons: You can hover different parts of the castle to train multiple skills at the same time!

2. Tooltip: This will tell you which skills they increase when you hover over them. (There's also the color scheme. All dark blue are diplomacy skills, all red are martial and so on).

3. Court: This menu will show you the people present at your court. You will be able to interact with them this way, which will not spend your time (Although when you get potential lovers some options might make it clear that it will.)

4.Basic info: This will simply tell you the time, the gold you currently have and the week you are in.

5.Upper menu: This will take you to the other menus in the game.

Skill tab

The skills are all divided into categories, and I plan to use all of them in one way or another. Although not all of them are final. Languages although cool is too specific, and production I have no idea what to do with it for example. Because of that I sometimes wonder if I overdid it with the number of skills. Clearly some are more useful than others, but I think I would have rather eat my right hand than making a category with less than three skills.

Another way these skills are used are during game events. If a specific skill is high enough it might open paths to additional information or a different solution (for better or worse) to solve a situation. And this works much like Fallout NV, in which it will show you the locked/unlocked options.

Support

The third screen shows you how the kingdom sees you. On the left you find your personal reputation. How famous and what kind of ruler you are. These two are meant to affect how characters see you, and if high enough even use them to solve problems.

On the right you find your reputation among the different factions of the kingdom. These are important because right now the only way to lose the game is to lose the trust of a faction completely. You can also check which variables affect the passive gain if you hover over the numbers.

Reforms

The purpose for this tab is to alter things like taxes, kingdom-wide reforms, infrastructure upgrades, law changes and stuff like that. All of these will give you passive bonuses to your fame, standing with the factions, and also your gold of course.

Taxes

Taxes are important cause they'll be your initial source of revenue. You can choose how much each faction pays but they might not like having to pay high taxes.

Infrastructure
Here you can upgrade your kingdom infrastructure. This will help you grow your military or get more money in your coffers. Although not all of the buildings are available if your skills aren't high enough.

Edicts

Passing laws is the perfect way to alter how the kingdom works. Who pays what to who, who gets rights and who gets duties, etc. Passing laws is not that simple however, since it costs faction support (Or it can increase depending on the law).

World map

Here is where you can administer or even travel to the different regions of your realm. And you can upgrade the infrastructure there too!

But not only that, but you can also raise the pops living there as military companies to defend your borders. And each military company has their own experience, culture, type, etc.

Treasury

I feel this is pretty straightforward. What I don't think is clear enough is how variables affect this. Your sources of income are tied to the how much the factions support you (I guess that represents how well they're doing or how little they're stealing). Not all of them are equal, some give more than others. The expenses on the other hand can as well be affected by your level of Administration or Logistics.

Every four weeks you will receive the amount of gold from your income sources minus your expenses and debt payments.

But if you lack coin you can always unlock and negotiate loans.

Thank you
With that I finish my ted talk. I hope you give the game a try. I'm open for criticisms.

If you believe in this project and want to support it, you can do it here with one dollar a month.
https://subscribestar.adult/kingmakervn
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=52526748
It would mean the world to me, truly.

For download links and web release you can go here too.
https://kingmakervn.itch.io/kingmaker (Browser version is a bit janky and of lower quality so I still recommend downloading the game normally.)

Thank you for reading!
Last edited by KingmakerVN on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:54 am, edited 14 times in total.

KingmakerVN
Regular

Re: Kingmaker (VN/ Dating Sim/ Prince Trainer/ Kingdom Manager/ 18+)

#2 Post by KingmakerVN »

Here is a link to the itch.io page as an alternative for the download.
https://kingmakervn.itch.io/kingmaker

KingmakerVN
Regular

Re: Kingmaker (VN/ Dating Sim/ Prince Trainer/ Kingdom Manager/ 18+)

#3 Post by KingmakerVN »

Hey! I came back because I already have a fourth build ready for downloading! And I would love (well not actually but I would appreciate it.) any criticism towards it.

KingmakerVN
Regular

Re: Kingmaker 0.5 (VN/ Dating Sim/ Prince Trainer/ Kingdom Manager/ 18+)

#4 Post by KingmakerVN »

New update!

New build!

Kingmaker 0.5!

New content

Added 1 sex scene. (You'll find it in the court events, and you'll need a bit of history knowledge and a lot of strength to unlock it.)
40 New court events and reworked others
Added tutorial
Added difficulty levels
Added military tab
Added skirmishes so you can send your men into battle
Added reports tab to show secret character info and murder plots' power.
Added loans in case you need money
Added citadel tab for more infrastructures update
Added embezzling mission
Added loan mission
Added more laws
Added murder plots so you don't lose immediately.
Added peasant revolt battle if you lose their support.
Added different fonts for each of the foreign languages.

Changes

Changed the reforms tab to be more visual
Changed the colors of the bars at the stat screen to better reflect the skills they represent.
Added pubic hair as an option in the content menu.
Changed the singing skill name to poetry.

Free links
https://subscribestar.adult/kingmakervn

KingmakerVN
Regular

Re: Kingmaker 0.5.1 (VN/ Dating Sim/ Prince Trainer/ Kingdom Manager/ 18+)

#5 Post by KingmakerVN »

v0.5.1

Changes
Edicts get 10% cheaper in medium difficulty and 30% in easy.
Made the valkrii event more common
Made the court characters appear at the beginning so it's easier to find them.

Fixes
Fixed a problem related to the military variables
Fixed a conversation with the court advisor in which the protagonist eyes bulged out lol.
Fixed an event that decreased support when it should have increased it.
Fixed an event in which the images didn't appear as intended.
Fixed some of the quirks of the skirmish system. Hopefully it won't give as many problems as before.
Fixed the peasant revolt
Fixed the valkrii event

KingmakerVN
Regular

Re: Kingmaker 0.7 (VN/ Dating Sim/ Prince Trainer/ Kingdom Manager/ 18+)

#6 Post by KingmakerVN »

v0.7

New content

Added a sex scene with the younger sister/ward.
Added two scenes for the dowager queen.
Added a scene introducing the twins.
Added a scene for the maid.
Added an all the women are nude as a cheat code.
Added cheats so the game is easier.
Added 3 music tracks and 4 sound effects. Don't get scared by the knocking!

Changes.
Lowered the cost of edicts in prince and baron mode.
Now you just need to spend time with the characters to unlock their scenes.
Skill checks are no longer secret
Reworked the witch.
Reworked the wife.
Got rid of a character that was kind of redundant now that incest is a thing.
Changed the UI for the victory screen of the skirmishes.

Minor bug fixes.

KingmakerVN
Regular

Re: Kingmaker 0.9 (VN/ Dating Sim/ Prince Trainer/ Kingdom Manager/ 18+)

#7 Post by KingmakerVN »

Changelog

New Content

Added multiple events for the elven queen route, as well as three characters pertinent to that route and her pregnancy scenes.
Added s scene with the elven queen.
Added s scene with the older maid.
Added the king outfit for the protagonist.
Added birth scene for the Valkrii.
Added menu in which you can see your heirs.

Changes

You can change your relationship to the dowager queen and the wards by right clicking their portrait in the court menu.
Court events are no longer completely random as they are now weighed. Normal events are more common than raid events, character events are more likely to occur, etc.
Valkrii event will appear three times until you challenge her.
Three skill categories have been merged into one.
Protagonist has been reworked a bit.
Minor changes to the menus.
Changed the fonts of names.
Changed the background of the court.
Gold from taxes no longer scales infinitely with support.
Increased the soldiers you get at the start.
Added a button for a youtube channel where I'll post tutorials and whatnot.

KingmakerVN
Regular

Re: Kingmaker 0.10 Web release and Download (VN/ Dating Sim/ Prince Trainer/ Kingdom Manager/ 18+)

#8 Post by KingmakerVN »

v0.10

Changes

Added 1 nude scene and 1 sex scene with two variants for the knight lady.

Added one story event.

It should be impossible to lose on easy mode now

Made so you only need to change your relationship with the landlady ONCE IN YOUR LIFETIME

Added toggleable lip flaps for 4 characters (You have no idea how much time will be saved once it's fully implemented.)

Redesigned the Knight Lady

Redesigned the Flower Knight and added different styles for him.

Minor retouches for the Rat Lord

Made the pause menu and main menu prettier

Gave Rodrick more pieces of advice.

Effectively added 8 new laws.

Some laws now need upkeep in gold rather than decreasing the percentage in taxes. (This is why it's not save compatible. Sorry u_u)

Elite units now need to be unlocked through edicts

Redesigned some backgrounds.

Fixes

Corrected some grammar, typos, and continuity errors with the help of Applesauce.

Minor bug fixes.

Fixed a bug in which not all the units would return from a skirmish even if they survived.

KingmakerVN
Regular

Re: Kingmaker 0.10 Web release and Download (VN/ Dating Sim/ Prince Trainer/ Kingdom Manager/ 18+)

#9 Post by KingmakerVN »

Changelog

v0.11

Disclaimer!! If you're only here for the h content I advise you to wait a couple of months for the next update since this release deals with gameplay for the most part and there's only one new h scene.

v.12 will have a focus on content once more, but I need feedback on these new mechanics. They're not fully, fully implemented yet as you can't go to war with another kingdom, (I mean you could technically but you'd be stuck in an endless cycle with no way to lose or to win. Pretty poetic, uh?) But it's in a playable state for raids and peacetime.

Changes

Added some text to the training scenes with the help of Krudo.

Added one h scene for the witch, as well as making her able to come to court.

Redesigned the witch.

Redesigned the mustache of the advisor.

Recolored the younger warden.

Redesigned the GUI to look decent.

Added one regular scene for the maid.

Added a new raid mechanic for normal mode and hard mode.(For a thorough breakdown of the new mechanics go to the public post on patreon, because it's way too much to explain here.)

In normal and hard mode you can follow your army.

Added a button so you can manually choose whether you want to lead the infantry, cavalry or archers personally.

It should be very easy to get the Valkrii event now, at least in my experience testing the game in normal and hard mode.

Added a world map menu.

Different enemies can now have different bonuses depending on their culture.(Now Valkrii can actually be op with light infantry.)

Skirmishes will become harder every 100 turns. (I noticed at least two people playing the game for way too long so I decided to punish their loyalty.)

Added a log menu to keep track of events and skirmishes.

Both woods of the infra. menu has been merged into one.

Levies are now tied to the number of rents and taxes you can collect, and their number was reduced greatly as well.

Raid events should be easier now too since I lowered the number of combatants.

Hid the intrigue tab in the meantime.

Fixes.

Fixed some glitches, typos as well as a bug concerning the number of soldiers coming back from a skirmish.

Download

https://kingmakervn.itch.io/kingmaker

KingmakerVN
Regular

Re: Kingmaker 0.14 (VN/ Dating Sim/ Prince Trainer/ Kingdom Manager/ 18+)

#10 Post by KingmakerVN »

v0.14 It's femboy autumn.

Tell your mom that it's save compatible! (Kinda. You will lose your progress in the citadel though, and the Income mechanic might be a bit unbalanced if it's not a new save. But that last part will be in the player's favor anyhow.)

New content:
5 New scenes for the squire. 1 H-Scene.

Changes:
Added a system for different seasons. (Now you will get a fraction of the gold during the winter months, and extra during autumn and summer for rents and tolls respectively.)
The magical bush is now a magical door. (The one on the outer wall, not the one on the keep.)
When you try to upgrade a company type, the icons will be in black and white if you don't fulfill all the requirements for it.
The citadel no longer gives you gold outright, but instead it increases your Trade (Tolls) and Production (Tributes) level on the capital. (I thought the citadel had become the main gold earning mechanic rather than being complementary as intended, while also being kinda isolated from the other systems.)
While building/upgrading infrastructure in the capital, you now get a fraction of its effects depending on the progress.
The infrastructure menus now shows you an estimate on how many weeks it will take to upgrade.
Besides whichever other requirements they need, some tiers of infrastructure are now locked behind the Admin skill. i.e. You can upgrade everything to tier 1 from the get go, but you need more Admin to upgrade to tier 2 or 3.
Reduced the upkeep for most units.
Some visual fixes to the fsquire, as well as a couple more arm poses.

Bug fixes:
Minor bug fixes
Fixed another bug that stopped the player from firing up the brothel questline unless they entered the war camp first.
Changed a tooltip that claimed you needed max xp to upgrade companies, when in reality you need different amounts for each company type. i.e. 50 xp for levy to light infantry.
Fixed an error that popped up when a raid for ice raiders fired up.
Maybe fixed an error for tooltips moving out of the screen on certain monitors?? (I don't have a different monitor to check this so I will have to wait for what other people say.)
Changed an error that fired up during the dwarven raids.
Fixed an issue that made it so some footplay content was kept hidden.
Fixed an error that made it so the upkeep for provincial buildings was not visible most weeks.