Mint To Be [DEMO][Female MC][Plants & Puns]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
lazygout
Projects: Kaleidoscope, Mint To Be
Deviantart: lazygout

Mint To Be [DEMO][Female MC][Plants & Puns]

#1 Post by lazygout »

MINT TO BE is a visual novel made in a self imposed game jam over the course of a week (and a little bit cause we have jobs 'n stuff). It has been created by 2 friends, being myself and Jayus, the main members of HeatbuT-T Creations. Despite the time limit, we will likely continue working on it to polish things after its release.

It was inspired by a game called Plant Daddy. Mostly because the name caused some confusion between the two of us and the joke turned into an idea we decided to go forward with. It's a bit of a joke game so expect some meme references.

This will be HeadbuT-T Creations' first released game, but we have many still in development.
You can follow me at Lazygout on Instagram
You can follow Jayus at Jayus_art on Instagram

Character Design: Jayus
Art: Jayus & Lazygout
Story: Jayus & Lazygout
Coding: Lazygout

Play as a tired florist running her own shop all on her lonesome. On a normal day, things become abnormal (what a surprise!). Suddenly, MC has 5 guys show up in her shop that clearly aren't fully human. Now you have to feed and house these boys who you probably wish would stay plants because that takes up far less space. You have a shop to run, who has time for this shit?

Five plant boys and only a week to get to know them. Pick wisely, or else... I dunno, restart the game or get a walk-through or something. All boys are unique in that they follow different common tropes. We got the depressed one, the stupid one, the stuck up one, the patient one, and the gentleman one. Guess who's who.

Yes one literally looks like a spiky goblin. I am also aware that another looks like Violet Beauregarde. That one wasn't as intended, but hey, it's kinda cute?

Any feedback is welcome! This is our first proper game so we are fully aware we have a lot to learn.

RELEASE will be within a week of posting this. It will be on Itch so... I dunno how to let you know. Post here I guess? Suggestions welcome.

Also, do you want like... character profiles? That can be a thing. Height and blood type etc. Would plant people have blood? Oof, now I need to figure out more lore on this.
Last edited by lazygout on Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Games in progress:
Mint To Be
Kaleidoscope
Flower Parade
Essence

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Mint To Be[Female MC][Plants & Puns]

#2 Post by Zelan »

The art style is really nice! And the character designs are cute ^^ good luck on the release!

lazygout

Re: Mint To Be[Female MC][Plants & Puns]

#3 Post by lazygout »

New main menu screen! I don't know how a cactus is growing in the same pot as roses but.... oh well. MAGIC
I know I should shade it but eeeehhh so much effort. Will consider for the long run

Games in progress:
Mint To Be
Kaleidoscope
Flower Parade
Essence

lazygout

Re: Mint To Be [DEMO][Female MC][Plants & Puns]

#4 Post by lazygout »

The demo is here!
It's pretty short, probably around 10-15 minutes.

If you come across any errors, please let me know!

You can find the demo on itch here: https://lazygout.itch.io/mint-to-be-demo
Games in progress:
Mint To Be
Kaleidoscope
Flower Parade
Essence