Egypt: Shattered Order [Alternative History / Political Simulator / Strategy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
OrsonDeWitt
Regular

Egypt: Shattered Order [Alternative History / Political Simulator / Strategy]

#1 Post by OrsonDeWitt »

Egypt: Shattered Order is an interactive fiction/strategy video game, or, intrinsically, a political simulator based on the history of Ancient Egypt. You, as a king that seeks to re-unite Egypt under his rule, will have to make decisions that are going to rewrite the history of the most powerful kingdom of its time. And there is a multitude of possibilities to choose from. You can make Egypt rise from the ashes and become the founder of the New Kingdom, or make it collapse and go down in the annals of time as incompetent, disastrous ruler. Choice is yours!

Features:
1. Historical Realism

Dive into an Ancient Egyptian setting head-first and emerge with a broad spectrum of new questions and answers regarding this incredible civilization!
2. High Replayability
Flexible interactive narrative with hundreds of choices and multiple different outcomes; see how your rulership stacks up against other players and the expectations of Osiris!
3. Borderline Addictive

Find yourself starting over and over again as you look for new approaches to governance that would not lead you to crossroads of equally unfavorable alternatives.

One might imagine the game as a mixture of 80 Days, Reigns and Long Live The Queen.

The game is divided into three seasons (Long Live The Queen), during each of which you get to choose the next building project, the next edict to enact, technology to research (real advancements in science that were present in Ancient Egypt) or explore various places in your city and beyond. In these choices, you need to try and keep everything balanced - you can't allow yourself to be too dependent on your advisors or let your priests be too powerful, among other things (Reigns). Additionally, some events happen that require your attention, and advisors seek your opinions on pressing issues; each interaction provides you with choices that affect the future gameplay and can shape the ending in unexpected ways (80 Days).

Progress so far:
Backbone: 90% (Game is in a working condition and is only waiting for content)
Story: 80% (Story, after more than 2 years of writing, is mostly done - in the upcoming months I am going to implement it into the game)
Visuals: 0%
UI: 15%
Music: 50% (A few great composers got interested in the game and agreed to contribute)

Feedback?
I am mainly posting here as I am looking for feedback: what do you think of the game so far? Would you play/buy it? Have my descriptions left you wondering about some specific moments that I should clarify?
I am also wondering if there are people in this community that might be interested in such a game. If not - what would make you more likely to play it? And if yes, I am hoping there would be people that could help me in the future as I approach the next stages of development: deciding on the visuals, story and visuals implementation, UX, testing, and so on.

Here's the website where you can join the mailing list for updates: https://egypt.orcinusgames.com
Here's the subreddit for discussions: https://www.reddit.com/r/OrcinusGames/
And here's the discord with the dev-log and where you can also have a quick chat with me: https://discord.gg/amMNE4x

Thanks for taking your time to read this!
I cannot reply to messages anymore.
> Your IP has been blocked because it is blacklisted.

OrsonDeWitt
Regular

Re: Egypt: Shattered Order [Alternative History / Political Simulator / Strategy]

#2 Post by OrsonDeWitt »

I've made the ultimate quiz about Ancient Egypt: take the quiz and learn about the game along the way! It's on Discord now. :)
I cannot reply to messages anymore.
> Your IP has been blocked because it is blacklisted.

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: Egypt: Shattered Order [Alternative History / Political Simulator / Strategy]

#3 Post by parttimestorier »

This sounds really cool! I enjoyed all three games you said it's a mixture of, especially Long Live the Queen - anything along the same lines as that sounds great to me. I'd love to see some of the art and more details about the main characters as you continue to work on it.
ImageImageImage