[TEST RELEASE] Highschool Rosewood [Dating Sim] [BxG] [18+]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Arpibald
Projects: Highschool Rosewood
itch: arpibald

[TEST RELEASE] Highschool Rosewood [Dating Sim] [BxG] [18+]

#1 Post by Arpibald »

DOWNLOAD LAUNCHER: Click Here!
(Join our discord server for fresh updates: https://discord.gg/5QjZDTk)

Welcome, everyone!

I would like to introduce my game, Highschool Rosewood.

About the game:

This game is a dating simulator, where the story is not developed YET, we can just move with our character back and forward.
I don't really want a main story in the game, but you can get to know the other characters in the game and their backstories.
The situation is simple, you're a boy who just moved into a dormitory from your city.
There is no specific story line, so you can start the game however you want. I want the players to play the game in their own style.
The players choices will be balanced in karmapoints, that can affect outcomes on characters.

I often check the Lemma Soft Forum and read a lot of comments about the feedback from different games and other stuff.
I noticed that the majority here thinks that if we push a sex scene into the players face it can be "mood killer"
if we already have a story that can grab the players mind and attention. I haven't planned a main story so
the sex scenes will depend on our behaviour and what we tell to the other characters.
This is how the game will decide if we really want to get into a sex scene with a character.

Character table:

Click Here to View!

About our team:
This project was started at the end of 2019.
I was alone but very shortly my friendly community joined to help me, and I made a translator team out of them.
They fix my misstypes and help me to translate texts. Even this text is getting translated by Bedelin a good friend of mine. (Hi there! :) )
There is people in my community that know a lot of stuff about coding but a lot of help that I got was from the Ren'Py Discord.
They always answered to my problems with pleasure and respect.

I made the drawings by myself but a friend of mine joined to help me. He's hand drawings are very good, and easy
to reproduce and digitize it, so they would came alive on our screens.

Heres some of the results:

What I hope from this thread:
I want a lot of people to try this game and tell me their honest opinion about the game (for first look),
it can be either positive or negative.

Please keep that in mind, that the game doesn't have a main story, it is being developed as a dating simulator.

For a finale I would like to ask something from you guys!
Because it is a simple dating simulator and there are a lot of experienced players here,
what would you like to see in the game that you've never seen before in any VNs?

Thank you for reading! :)
I love trees! 🌳