Augma II Arc I: Weeping Angels [Hard Sci-Fi, Action, Psychological] [Demo Available]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kamigigana
Projects: Augma
Organization: Azalin
itch: kamigigana

Augma II Arc I: Weeping Angels [Hard Sci-Fi, Action, Psychological] [Demo Available]

#1 Post by Kamigigana »

Hello, I am Kamigigana. I am a scenario writer and artist for a project I have been working on for about 2 years now. I am quite satisfied with the direction things are going right now, so I thought I would share this here as I have already done elsewhere.

Itch.io Page

This is a demo of what I am currently working on. Chapters 1-6. Around 30-40% of this current arc. While Arc I is going to be short, everything else will be the opposite, so I am working hard on laying down the basics for the future.

Augma II is something I would classify as very experimental among western visual novels. While I cannot exactly touch upon that just yet until a full release, I can lay down what brought Augma into existence.

My main inspirations for Augma in general consist of works such as Baldr Sky, Dies Irae, and Subahibi, which are some of my favorites from the eroge medium. I love hard sci-fi, infodumps, chuuni, denpa, and adjacent ideas that make up what I find fascinating in storytelling. I am striving to create something truly different. I would say that my writing is a love-letter to the eroge medium as a whole. I would not mind if it succeeded or flopped, I just want to write to write because it is fun.

If you have the time and you are interested, I would like you to read this and tell me how you feel about it. It can be any criticism you have, I am all ears. I am not the best at programming so for now I am dealing with Renpy's weird default screens. I would like to work on that in the future, however.

A disclaimer: I had to use two copyrighted songs from VNs you may recognize since my composer was on vacation while I was putting this together.

Here are some useful links where you will find more information about Augma.

VNDB page
Official Wiki
Twitter
Official website

And thus, I hope you all find interest in my work. This will be a journey unlike no other.