Supersize My Heart! - The Fast Food Mascot Dating Simulator [Comedy] [Otome] DECEMBER 2023 UPDATE!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

Re: Supersize My Heart! - The Fast Food Mascot Dating Simulator [GxB] [Otome]

#16 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

UPDATE 12/30/2020

Hello one last time from 2020, everybody! Just wanted to end the year with a couple screenshots.

See you in 2021, everyone!
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

Re: Supersize My Heart! - The Fast Food Mascot Dating Simulator [GxB] [Comedy] [Otome]

#17 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

It's 2021 everybody, and we're inching closer to the free release of Episode One!

We went ahead and added Kickstarter information to the main post. Gonna do some touch ups on the lads' character profiles, but dang -- ! It's all coming together.

HUGE thanks to DAX for the amazing work!
Last edited by SupersizeMyHeart on Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

Re: Supersize My Heart! - The Fast Food Mascot Dating Simulator [GxB] [Comedy] [Otome]

#18 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Soooooo. Fun news.

My computer fried while downloading the most recent Nvidia graphics driver today, taking quite a bit of work with it since Steam Cloud wasn't properly synced. Because of how few options we have for computer repair where I live, it's going to be a while until we're up and running again, and then we'll have some catch-up work to do to finish the demo. The game is still going forward as is the Kickstarter, we're just gonna have to kick that can a bit farther down the line.

Thank you all so much for your support and patience!
Last edited by SupersizeMyHeart on Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#19 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Update time!

Hello, hello everyone! We're not dead! It's been a hot minute since we talked.

I am very happy to say that after the craziness that was January, technology has been repaired and/or replaced and our team is back at work on Supersize My Heart! And while the demo and Kickstarter obviously didn't kick off last month due to what I will only refer to as "the unpleasantness", it did give myself and the rest of our team a chance to step back and take a good, hard, honest look at the project. And now, I'm very excited to make an announcement:

Instead of trying to work out the challenges of running a fundraiser, we've tightened our belts some, ripped out the crap that doesn't need to be in the game and gotten down to brass tacks. We've looked at our finances and decided to instead throw all our time and effort into finishing the game ourselves, Kickstarter-free.

We don't have a release date as of yet, but expect an update in the coming weeks with more information. I noticed this page has still been getting quite a few views in these intervening weeks, so thank you so, so much to everyone who's interested in the game. We can't wait for you to get your hands on this ridiculous, ridiculous game.

Your friends,

Jeremy + Elijah
Last edited by SupersizeMyHeart on Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

JRaw

#20 Post by JRaw »

LET'S DO THIIIIIIIS

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

Re: Supersize My Heart! - The Fast Food Mascot Dating Simulator [GxB] [Comedy] [Otome] [DEMO THIS WEEK!]

#21 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

JRaw wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:21 pm LET'S DO THIIIIIIIS
YAAAAAAAAAASS

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

Re: Supersize My Heart! - The Fast Food Mascot Dating Simulator [GxB] [Comedy] [Otome] [DEMO THIS WEEK!]

#22 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

WELL WELL WELL, LOOK WHO'S BACK FROM THE DEAD. AGAIN.

It's us! Except we were never dead - we've been alive the whole time. You've been bamboozled, friends

Supersize My Heart! is still coming! We've noticed page views still trickle in by the hundred, interestingly enough, so thank you very, very much for your continued interest in this ridiculous, ridiculous game.

Another update very soon. Work has begun on the final pieces of art for the full title and we're beginning to pen the individual r o m a n c e r o u t e s.

Prepare your buns, because it's about to get s t e a m y

- The Supersize My Heart! team

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#23 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

This is still VERY unfinished, but if you want to see a little something we've been working on: here's what will eventually be our intro animatic!

( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j7gv4_ ... sp=sharing )

ps. google drive's media player is really bad. The video is actually in HD, but I don't think it's coming through as such. (Google whhyyyy)

JRaw

#24 Post by JRaw »

SupersizeMyHeart wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:55 pm This is still VERY unfinished, but if you want to see a little something we've been working on: here's what will eventually be our intro animatic!

ps. google drive's media player is really bad. The video is actually in HD, but I don't think it's coming through as such. (Google whhyyyy)
Oh shush shush shush, it looks great. For an animatic made by a first time animator on CANVA??? of all things. Looks great for a WIP! Yer beautiful

Also, wowza -- I'm feeling a rush, broski. There were so many people on DeviantArt that said so many nice things about the game. I don't think they actually looked at it; the comments were more abstract about game development and believing in yourself - but hey! Means a boatload to me

We got this, broski! We can really do this. Let's get these good people dating our knock-off fast food mascots!!

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#25 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

JRaw wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:09 am
SupersizeMyHeart wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:55 pm This is still VERY unfinished, but if you want to see a little something we've been working on: here's what will eventually be our intro animatic!

Oh shush shush shush, it looks great. For an animatic made by a first time animator on CANVA??? of all things. Looks great for a WIP! Yer beautiful

Also, wowza -- I'm feeling a rush, broski. There were so many people on DeviantArt that said so many nice things about the game. I don't think they actually looked at it; the comments were more abstract about game development and believing in yourself - but hey! Means a boatload to me

We got this, broski! We can really do this. Let's get these good people dating our knock-off fast food mascots!!
You're "feelin' a rush" because it's after midnight and you're probably rocking on more than one energy drink. Go to sleep you goof

JRaw

#26 Post by JRaw »

EDIT 6/3/2021

Sorry, was a little over exuberant when I wrote this original message. Just excited, is all. Sorry for the curse word in the original post

whoops
Last edited by JRaw on Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#27 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

JRaw wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:26 am You're a beautiful man, Eli. Reflect on that, broheim

And I agree, I'm zany to the max right now

But forreal, our [redacted] game is going to make people people actually feel better about themselves, and that's a pretty weirdthing

Heck yeah
I'm literally going to start deleting your posts, lol

Love ya, pal. Slepp well

EDIT: 6/3

K, dude, I edited out your nonsense from my quote. But will leave up the rest for posterity, lol

JRaw

#28 Post by JRaw »

Hey, nice job on the new graphics! It's actually starting to look professional

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#29 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

demo coming soon. like, for real this time.

ALSO, get your first look (or listen, as it were) to the Supersize My Heart! soundtrack by the magnificent apolxcore Tuesday, July 13th when we'll be showcasing the theme song for each of the four lads (and maybe a little more, because I love showing off apolxcore's awesome stuff)

Stay tuned! Much love

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#30 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

You absolute animals.

I've been waiting for three days! Ever since we hit 6400 page views, for us to hit 6969.

But noooo -- you just haaaad to click on our page way more than I suspected, hahahaha. And now we're very well close to our 7000s.

But for real, thank you so much for all your interest. You deserve a solid info update!

Forget the ridiculous aspirations of I Love You, Colonel Sanders! (although we've employed some of the team!) and step into the world of Supersize My Heart!, which is coming along absolutely splendidly, with a prospective release date of early 2022. With four romanceable mascots, 5 elaborate gameplay routes, 16 total characters and dozens of hours of gameplay on offer, Supersize My Heart! is gearing up to be the most craveable game since Pocketbike Racer.

So prepare your wallets for a game that's...well, we're thinking about a $9.99 release price, so that's not exactly wallet-draining, right? But it's about the same price as a Whopper meal. If you order a large, which -- I mean, why are you ordering a large at Burger King? Their sandwiches are fine, but their fries are irredeemable. And it's not like you can't just buy a two-liter at Safeway so --

Okay, forget it. Forget the price for now - we haven't got it on lock yet.

The game will be ready when it's ready, but we're pretty sure if you enjoy screw-ball comedy and lots of puns, you won't be disappointed. Stay tuned for the long-awaited demo. Hope you like it, dream you love it!

Your friends and fast, casual video game producers,

Elijah and Jeremy