Supersize My Heart! - The Fast Food Mascot Dating Simulator [Comedy] [Otome] DECEMBER 2023 UPDATE!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

Supersize My Heart! - The Fast Food Mascot Dating Simulator [Comedy] [Otome] DECEMBER 2023 UPDATE!

#1 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Check out the full Sound track out now on Sound Cloud:
https://soundcloud.com/user-645962310/s ... al_sharing

Q: So.....sex?
A: Sorry to disappoint. This is a SFW game. The only buns you'll be seeing here are sesame seed. And maybe potato, if you're lucky.

Q: Why does this game exist?
A: It was the middle of a global pandemic and it felt like a good idea at the time.

Q: How have you funded this thing so far?
A: The last of the money in our bank accounts. But it's cool, we found gainful employment eventually, haha.

Q: What's the game's resolution?
A: It's in Full HD, so 1920x1080.

Q: How long is this sucker gonna be be?
A: Pretty short. Maybe an hour and a half per play through. But there are four romance routes (Kai, Mackie, the General and Sovereign), one Solo route, and a small extra route after you've played through all routes. So there will be plenty to do. For $9.99, it'll be plenty of bang for your buck.

Q: Is this an actual game, or all just an elaborate joke?
A: We're just as surprised as you that it's real
Last edited by SupersizeMyHeart on Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:02 am, edited 143 times in total.
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

Re: Supersize My Heart! - The Fast Food Mascot Dating Simulator

#2 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Hey, gang! It's so cool to see that almost two hundred people have stopped in to check out the project! If you're reading this, thank you so much for taking the time to check us out, and of course huge thanks to everyone who sent an encouraging DM.

And oh, since you're already here, mind answering a couple questions to help us tailor the experience better to players?

1) What's your favorite fast food item?

2) Any of the guys stand out to you?

3) How many choices do you like in your visual novel? Frequent with small repercussions, or a few really big ones?
Last edited by SupersizeMyHeart on Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

Re: Supersize My Heart! - The Fast Food Mascot Dating Simulator

#3 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Update time, amigos! We get our first look at our MC, Henley Shaw, through this amazing art Dahlia put together:

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of fan-boying over how good she looks right now.
Last edited by SupersizeMyHeart on Fri May 06, 2022 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

JRaw

Re: Supersize My Heart! - The Fast Food Mascot Dating Simulator [GxB] [Otome]

#4 Post by JRaw »

Team Jackson, all the way. Not enough Pacific Islander characters representation in games

EDIT: Maybe make the faces smaller on here--? Dahlia's art is amazing, but it's a lot to scroll through
Last edited by JRaw on Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#5 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Why are you telling me this on a public forum -- just text me, you degenerate

JRaw

#6 Post by JRaw »

PassiveChicken wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:47 pm Why are you telling me this on a public forum -- just text me, you degenerate
Oh, it's fine. Also:
PassiveChicken wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:44 am
Chick-n-Tater Melt Munchie Meal from Jack in the Box. Got me through my college years

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#7 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to give a project update.

The hard work continues as we slide into winter's cold, blustery grasp. Somehow, we managed to trick a couple more professional artists into working with us since our last update: ds-sans (viewtopic.php?f=62&t=36158) and KEIRAworks. I want everyone in class to laugh at them now. I can't believe it. They fell into my trap. Now their names are in the credits and they can never leave. Ho ho ho ho ho, hee hee hee hee

Expect updates into the glorious new year. And then, in January, it begins!

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#8 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

MY GOD. WHAT HAVE I DONE.

OVER A THOUSAND, CLASS. WE'VE HAD OVER A THOUSAND VISITORS TO OUR COZY LITTLE INTERNET HAMLET. I'M TOUCHED. AND DISGUSTED, MITH MYSELF

How have I allowed the page for our game to be so ugly for so long? I'm EMBARASSED. EMBARASSED, is what I am. So today I edited the post and made it better. It's so much BETTER. I almost daresay it's BEAUTIFUL. But I can't -- they'd call me CRAZY.

Anyway, um, so I reworked some stuff on our introduction post. And we have a bunch more art that's in development, but I just wanted to share a preview of something one of our artists is working on for the game's intro:

And then we're also polishing off the last couple backgrounds. Here's just a peek at the corporate office of [REDACTED]'s fast food company, Angles.

thanks for the thousand views everybody!
Last edited by SupersizeMyHeart on Fri May 06, 2022 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

JRaw

#9 Post by JRaw »

Sovereign and Mackie are very clearly the winners in the chibi department

Notomys
Projects: 51ur8-90: Slice of Space Opera
itch: notomys

#10 Post by Notomys »

Everything about this project is hilarious, and given that I consider myself a connaisseur of the finest trash food, this aligns wonderfully with my interests.

From a practical standpoint, the Wendy's 4-for-4$ combo. It's got one of the best dollar-to-calorie ratios ... and there is a Wendy's underneath my office. From an artistic standpoint, KFC's double down. I don't think this needs an explanation.

2) Any of the guys stand out to you?
I'm definitely most interested in the General. I'm a sucker for his type of character, and I'm digging the inclusion of a silver fox as a LI. As mentioned before, I also stan a certain chicken-based monstrosity which gives him extra bonus points for marketing genius.

3) How many choices do you like in your visual novel? Frequent with small repercussions, or a few really big ones?
I personally like a little bit of column A, and a little bit of column B. I think being able to make small choices adds a lot to the interactivity of the game (even if they ultimately don't have a huge impact on the plot, I find some games can do a lot of interesting characterization with an extra line or two of dialog). That being said, I do enjoy feeling like my choices have some impact on the narrative. In my experience, VNs with frequent small repercussions often unlock good/bad endings based off of how attached the LI is to the MC ... which depending on what happens can make the events that happen in feel a little bit arbitrary (especially with bad ends). Regardless of how many choices the VN has, I do prefer choices that have big impacts on the plot to be obvious.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#11 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Notomys wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:50 pm 1) What's your favorite fast food item?
From an artistic standpoint, KFC's double down. I don't think this needs an explanation.
Hahah, you're absolutely right. No explanation needed there. Those really were somethin'.

I don't know if you ever tried it, but for a while taco bell experimented with a similar concept with the Naked Chicken Chalupa, and good GRIEF -- say what you want about it being a food crime, that thing was tasty.

Glad you like the General! I have a soft spot for him myself. He's definitely not as flashy and eye-catching as [Kai] or Sovereign, but I think once people see what he's like in the game they'll warm up to him like cold chicken dropped in a deep fryer

UPDATE!

Just wanted to share the latest sketch we've got for our remake of Central. Can't wait for you all to see what else we've got cookin' when the demo drops!

Regarding progress, our CGs are %100 finished. All we have left are three sprites and one background, then I can patch everything together and drop the demo. Thanks again, everybody!
Last edited by SupersizeMyHeart on Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#12 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

UPDATE!

Phew, it has been a while. Just wanted to keep up to date on progress. With all assets either finished or in the works, we're 100% on track for our January release. On Saturday we begin recompiling the game with the finished art in-engine. Besides the finalizing of a few assets, all we have left now is a few surprise pieces of...uhm..."art" that I'll be peppering into the final product.

I can't wait for everybody to get their hands on this thing! Hopefully all you fine folks are keeping safe out there.

JRaw

#13 Post by JRaw »

...have you finished the rewrite yet?

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#14 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

JRaw wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:21 am ...have you finished the rewrite yet?
Of course not. Cyberpunk came out, lol

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#15 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Hey, everybody!

No update this time, but I just thought about something fun that I wanted to share:

Early on we played around with a lot of ideas for what we wanted Supersize My Heart to be, and before Henley Shaw was our main character, the game was going to star a featureless protagonist detective whose inner monologue sounded like beloved actor Matthew McConaughey. It obviously didn't make it into the finished product, but we did get this narration out of it that will always be close to our hearts. HUUUUUUGE props to voiceactorguy (https://www.fiverr.com/voiceactorguy?so ... eller_link) for his phenomenal work!

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/user-645962310/i ... al_sharing
Last edited by SupersizeMyHeart on Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:48 am, edited 11 times in total.