Grim Trigger (VN discontinued- it's a comic now!)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TNTiger
Regular
Projects: Grim Trigger, Funny Business
itch: tiger-clown-tv

Grim Trigger (VN discontinued- it's a comic now!)

#1 Post by TNTiger »

Hey there! I wanted to make a thread for my visual novel series, Grim Trigger!

It used to be a Flash comic, but since Flash is no longer supported, I decided to turn it into a visual novel instead.

Grim Trigger is an ensemble comedy/gothic drama set in a fictional country inspired by Soviet Russia. It's mostly comedic, but there are some gothic elements, like characters who are cursed, and a sun that never fully rises. It's a character-driven series with a small cast!

Currently, the first and second episode are out.

It's made as HTML, so instead of having to re-download it for future updates, you can just read them in the browser!

You can read it here! https://two-gun-delaney.itch.io/grim-trigger

I haven't run into any bugs on the desktop, but my friend said it was slow on mobile. Hopefully it's all good!

I'm working on the second update now. I try to keep them shorter so I can update it more frequently. I have kind of an obsessive/perfectionist problem, so if I don't upload things immediately, I re-do everything and never get anything done :lol:
Last edited by TNTiger on Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TNTiger
Regular

Re: Grim Trigger [Dramedy] [Gothic] [KN] [Episodic]

#2 Post by TNTiger »

I updated it today! This update is longer than the last one & it introduces a new main character!
https://two-gun-delaney.itch.io/grim-trigger

TNTiger
Regular

#3 Post by TNTiger »

Grim Trigger recently updated a few more times, and episode 1 is now complete!

TNTiger
Regular

#4 Post by TNTiger »

Hey there! It's been a little while!

I actually decided to release the second episode all at once, instead of in updates. I was reading the script & I realized it was kinda short, so I thought it would be more satisfying to have it as a whole. And I just released it today!

I don't know how much I liked making it this way :| I certainly like the end product (in that you're able to read it all at once), but I didn't like the process. I definitely prefer releasing in updates. So that's what I'm gonna do again for episode 3! But I have to prepare a TON of new assets for the next two episodes :cry:

In these next episodes, the characters play a Clue rip-off called "My Beating Mystery" (ha ha). I was dreading the top-down view/the board the most, so I already drew it ahead of time:

Since the characters are gonna be roleplaying, I have to redraw their sprites. Like, Lodin is going to be playing as "Lady Sugarbush," so I have to make a Lady Sugarbush version of all his poses

teehehehehehe

I also have to make a ton of new backgrounds... so this next update might take a while haha! But I'm really looking forward to it!! I think the episodes 3 + 4 scripts are the funniest ones so far!

TNTiger
Regular

Re: Grim Trigger (VN discontinued- it's a comic now!)

#5 Post by TNTiger »

Hey there! I haven't updated this in a while!
I talked about this on itch.io, but I wanted to say it here too: I decided to turn Grim Trigger into a comic instead!
I've already got a lot of work done. Actually I'm working on issue 4 right now!
You can download the first issue as a pdf on itch here: https://two-gun-delaney.itch.io/grim-trigger-comic
I'll keep updating it there!
Of course, it still has the same characters, and it definitely has the same themes. Werewolves, ghosts, curses, stupid comedy, all that... but now it's just in a shonen style!
I am still interested in making visual novels, though, and I'd love to talk about my other projects here soon... just have to get more work done first so I have something to show :lol:
Here's more panels from the comic!