VivaCity: A Contempory Fantasy VN!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
rusicaria
Regular
Projects: VivaCity (VN)
Tumblr: rusicariaGAMES
itch: rusicariaGAMES

VivaCity: A Contempory Fantasy VN!

#1 Post by rusicaria »

If you're interested in the following, such as urban fantasies, attractive characters with sombre back-stories which make them all the more appealing, revolts against corrupt governments and maybe a little bit of sexual tension, then I'm right with you. 8)

Welcome to the cliché side of visual novels, but this time, I'm going to add a bit of spice. Throw in a depressed MC as well a flare of equally, mentally ill characters amongst a team of vigilantes in a fabricated realm, and you have VivaCity baby.
itch banner2.jpg
vivacity faraway.jpg
• Choose your name and pronouns.
• Four romanceable characters currently available to play.
• The Demo is 20,000-25,000 words, with each chapter that will follow roughly the same length.
• Play until the end of the demo and each chapter for a special art scene.
car_window.jpg
thielart1.jpg
Note: The MC starts off with a heavy dose of depression and anxiety, as well as a huge inferiority complex.

Other romanceable/side characters also suffer with certain other mental illnesses, because let's face it, more of us have mental health problems than we'd like to admit. Of course, a lonely and sad MC isn't rare to come across. Just be prepared for some extreme internal dialogue, because we've all been there and you know it.
While romance amidst a dystopian society is a main concept to this VN, one of the reasons why I decided to make a VN in the first place was to represent a side of mental health within this community, because it affects so many of us despite not being characterized as much as I'd like it to be.

To play the Demo: https://rusicariagames.itch.io/vivacity

I decided to post here because as much of a writer and an artist I am, I'm completely new to renp'y coding, and coding in general, so I feel like it's lacking in visual effects. If anyone has any thoughts, good or bad, particularly any ideas to maybe help improve some scenes via coding then I'd love to hear them :D