Honeydew [VN] [Free to Play] [Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
NEOTH1X_

Honeydew [VN] [Free to Play] [Slice of Life]

#1 Post by NEOTH1X_ »

THIS GAME IS STILL IN EARLY DEVELOPMENT. PLEASE CHECK MY DEVLOGS ON ITCH.IO FOR MORE INFO!
Alexander finds his old diary, one in which he wrote during high school. It takes him back to his teenage years, and all his experiences with friends and romance.

But, where did it all go wrong?
screenshot0006.png
Honeydew will not suitable for players under the age of 14, as it contains triggering themes. Please be wary of this!
screenshot0007.png
Itch.io Download: https://neothix.itch.io/honeydew
Honeydew is going to be a semi-long visual novel, that will be centred around the bittersweet slice-of-life genre, with a side of romance. I have been wanting to develop this story into something for a while now, so I'm so happy I'm releasing this.
screenshot0009.png
Q. Why is this game getting released so early in its development?
A. I tend to struggle with finishing projects, so I decided it would help if I make it public. Sometimes, pressure is the only way I get things done.
Q. How frequent are the updates?
A. I update once a week! I may also do minor updates throughout the week as well. I'm still a student though, so I'm not sure what I'll get done in each update.
Q. How much is developed already?
A. At the time of writing this, I've done a few scenes and worked on the GUI a bit (it's still got a while to go, though). I've also only changed the colours of the main and quick menu because it's mainly the actual story I'm focusing on at the moment. You can check my devlogs for more detail!
screenshot0005.png
Any creative critiscm, tips or ideas would be hugely appreciated!
Thanks for checking this out :)