DR-001 - Work in Progress: DEMO expected this year [Kinetic VN] [Paranormal] [Psychologic] [Thriller] [Supernatural]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
rkgs

DR-001 - Work in Progress: DEMO expected this year [Kinetic VN] [Paranormal] [Psychologic] [Thriller] [Supernatural]

#1 Post by rkgs »

About
I started developping this idea and this project a long time ago. I put it sometimes on hold and continued it sometimes months/years later. Right now I'm close to complete the development, I am working with a graphist, mainly visual resources are missing and shall still be created and integrated within the game.
I created a crowfunding campaign (in order to pay the graphist for the rest of the work) for which, according to the rules, I can't put any link here since I haven't release any project before and can't offer a demo yet. Nonetheless, I wanted to share here the actual progression and edges of this project in order to collect feedbacks and potential advices.

Note: this VN is written in French in the first place an none of its content is currently available in English. Translating it is something I plan to do in the future though.
Synopsis
In recent years, people around the world have disappeared. Some reappear after a longer or shorter period of time while others have never returned. In any case, no one has ever been able or wanted to give a testimony that would shed light on the mystery. As a result, each country has adopted its own policy regarding these disappearances, some of which maintain the so-called “Miraculously Saved” in quarantine while others allow them to resume their lives.
Maksimilian has always lived in Russia. As soon as he finished school, he found himself working for the state, which was his dream and that of his parents. As the phenomenon of disappearances appears, and especially with the return of the first Miraculously Saved, a new unity is formed and set up. Maksimilian volunteered and was fortunate to be selected as one of the very first supervisors of quarantine unit DR-001. He is in charge of part of the patrols and ensures that security is not compromised.
Team
Music: Ano-Kun
Graphist: mogu._.art
Project Manager: RKGS
Characters
In English
Birthday: April 23
Blood Type: A

Boris is a calm, perceptive and very intelligent person.
Hi is of a curious nature and cultivates one by one mystery by his reserve.
Hi is able to adapt easily when necessary.

Likes punctuality
Doesn't like the noise
In English
Birthday: October 9

Danail is a cold person on the outside.
He is known for his thoroughness, patience and dedication to a job well done.
His way of thinking allows him to look at things from different angles than most people.

Likes to hunt
Doesn’t like the vegetables
In English
Birthday: May 16
Blood Type: B

Dimitri is an energetic and sympathetic person.
He is easily befriended and always seems to be in a good mood.
His open-mindedness and naivety sometimes make him seem immature.

Loves the rumor
Doesn’t like the storm
In English
Birthday: May 1
Blood Type: O

Ivanov is a wise and cultured person.
He is deeply interested in people, their experiences and their psychology.
He knows how to be accessible; he has a reassuring and soothing effect on his surroundings.

Loves chess
Doesn’t like the violence
In English
Birthday: November 12

Maksimilian is loyal and attached to the established order.
He knows how to keep his composure and make difficult decisions quickly.
He inspires respect and trust.

Loves the dogs
Doesn’t like anarchy
In English
Birthday: November 26
Blood Type: AB

Nina is a trusted and authoritarian person.
She has little regard for those who place themselves as victims or who are not masters of their own lives.
She is often perceived as slightly haughty which does not prevent her from sympathizing with the people she esteems.

Love the classical music.
Doesn’t like mediocrity.

+ 4 OTHERS
Game Progress
- Plot: 100%
- Script: 100%
----- ----- ----- ----- -----
- Programming: 95%
- Musics : 100%
- Sound Effect: 0%
----- ----- ----- ----- -----
- Character Sprite: 20%
- Backgrounds : 10%
- GUI: 10%
Other Information
Duration: ~2 hours
Extra-content: planned to be developped after the main content is completed
Genre: Paranormal, Psychologic, Thriller, Supernatural
WARNINGS: blood, death, gore and swearing (Rating: 16+)
Questions
  1. Do you have questions about the team?
  2. Do you have questions about the game content?
  3. Which character caught your attention the most?
  4. How do you speculate story might evolve?
  5. Anything else?