More. The Eternal Utopia. [Philosophy] [Comedy].

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
zoozobra

More. The Eternal Utopia. [Philosophy] [Comedy].

#1 Post by zoozobra »

Hello everybody,

I am Víctor Atobas, writer and lover of video games (and also RenPy). I am new to writing in the forum, but I have been available for some time the cookbooks and the threads of doubts from other users, which have helped me a lot during the process.

The project is based on a story about Thomas More that I wrote during the quarantine, but I could not try to publish it in literary magazines or editorials, so I decided to do it with the format of video games, although adapting the text.

The game celebrates the 505th anniversary of the publication of Utopia.

Development is almost done, but I'm working on the last details. In this sense, I would like to know what you think of the project.

TRAILER:

FEATURES
  • Visual novel that tells the story of Thomas More, who will travel to the present from Utopia Island.
  • Choose the right path to take More to the good end of the story.
  • Let your imagination fly: one of the objectives pursued during development is to confront the player with the difficulty of thinking about the utopian future.
  • Enjoy the distancing effect: The founder of utopia looks at the familiar as if it were strange! [/ List]

STORY:

The story narrates the debate that Thomas More maintains with himself, should he offer to travel to the Atlantean civilization and thus learn from its advanced technology? Shouldn't someone younger take care of this trip?

Finally the founder of utopia will appear in the year 2021, in the middle of an unknown city devastated by something very strange called a pandemic. Is it possible to find the traces of the utopian impulse in such a complicated situation?

SCREENS:

As I was saying, I would like to know what opinion you have of the project. I would also appreciate if you could advise me on how to promote the game.

Thanks.

Greetings,
    Victor

Arkilos

Re: More. The Eternal Utopia. [Philosophy] [Comedy].

#2 Post by Arkilos »

Certainly, an interesting project though not really to my tastes as I tend to leaner closer toward VN's such as Katawa Shoujo, and if my heart had wings.

This is all I can provide, I am afraid, and hopefully the encouragement for someone else with more experience than myself to provide a comment or two.
Novum Arkilum