Pan-ya, Visual novel パン屋 (working title). [family][growing up][romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Arkilos

Pan-ya, Visual novel パン屋 (working title). [family][growing up][romance]

#1 Post by Arkilos »

Pan-ya, Visual novel パン屋 (working title).
please let me know if I got the Japanese right, I got it off of a translation page, let me know if there is something more appropriate. The text is supposed to translate to, the bakery
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Concept and ideas doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zwu ... sp=sharing
Female storyline doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16Hy ... sp=sharing
Male storyline doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Utz ... sp=sharing

important note: (updated 10/08/2021)
Not much is decided yet on the visual novel outside of a general plot and some of the inspiration behind it. The link to the document is the only work I have thus far. I would be happy for any advice I can get. Depending on how things go, I might set up a more official account for the visual novel and potential future projects. I have reached a point where I feel like I can commit myself to this project, hence why I am posting, though I can not ensure that updates will be frequent.

Description (updated 10/08/2021)
work in progress
Pan-ya, Visual novel パン屋 (working title) is about a young single parent returning home from spending most of his or her life in the city to take over a bakery for a recently deceased mother, who passed away during a fire that had left very little standing.

Orginal concept: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=55541&p=512642#p512642
(dd/mm/yyyy)
Last edited by Arkilos on Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:51 am, edited 16 times in total.
Novum Arkilum

Arkilos

experimentation.

#2 Post by Arkilos »

I have started to explore various tools for character creation. Here is an unnamed character that I came up with using
https://emily2.itch.io/sutemo

(The placement order is unintentional).
Attachments
Main female tothy smile.png
Main Female Smile.png
Main Female Nutral.png
Main Female blush.png
Novum Arkilum

Arkilos

Progress

#3 Post by Arkilos »

Story line Progress
An overview of the progress thus far without needing to go into the documents provided.

Prologue
Work in progress. (planning stage)
Scene 01: Work in progress.

Opening credits
Work in progress. (planning stage)

Act 1: New beginning (working title)
Work in progress. (Planning stage)
Scene 01: Work in progress.
Scene 02: Work in progress.
Scene 03: Work not yet started.

Act 2: Opening day (working title)
Work not yet started.

Act 3: (unnamed)
Work not yet started.
Novum Arkilum

Arkilos

Update 03/07/2021: Test Scripting.

#4 Post by Arkilos »

I have started a quick test script of the prologue to dust off the old cobwebs that have built up over the years. Though admittedly there is not much in the ways of skills that I have to begine with.
suffice to say, after spending some time trying to figure things out, I can easily say that I am very rusty. :|
Novum Arkilum

Arkilos

Update 04/07/2021.

#5 Post by Arkilos »

I am continuing work on the test script just so I can lern and relern basic scills. I have found myslef simplafying the script down again remving the choice element as I have yet to figure out how I can get it work.
Novum
Novum Arkilum

Arkilos

Update: 10/08/2021

#6 Post by Arkilos »

Sorry for not updating in such a long time, that is due to the fact there has been no progress on the game thus far. I hope to add to this update soon as I'll continue to work on the story line now for the female story arch.

sadly, nothing of this update and I had made no progress.
Arkilos
Last edited by Arkilos on Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Novum Arkilum

Arkilos

Update 05: 14/08/2021

#7 Post by Arkilos »

I changed my mind on much of my prior plans for the visual novel, as it had become too ambitious for a first project. Instead of going with routes I'll be writing a Kantic Visual novel instead, with the main charachter being a Single Mother named Sora, though the plot reamains unchanched thus far.

I have made some new progress, and have started outlining for a new scene.

I have yet to work out any visuals, and I am not sure what I am going to do about that as I am terrible at drawing characters

I will update the post at the end of the day of any new progress I make today.
sadly made no additinal progress today.
Novum Arkilum

Arkilos

Update 06: 18/09/2021

#8 Post by Arkilos »

Hello Folks, sorry I have not posted in a while, and have started progress once again. started cleaning up the text some, adding more.
Novum Arkilum

Arkilos

Update 07: 17/05/2022

#9 Post by Arkilos »

This will be the last update I will be posting here. All future news regarding updates on Pan-Ya Visual novel can be found here
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=64584
This is on a public account where I can more easily answer any questions, concerns, etc that come my way without using my own privet email. Hope you all enjoy
Novum Arkilum