Soul Labyrinth[GxB][BxG][GxG][BXB][hybrid VN/PointNclick]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
wulfmune
Regular

Soul Labyrinth[GxB][BxG][GxG][BXB][hybrid VN/PointNclick]

#1 Post by wulfmune »

UPDATE: demo is available for free at website: https://coffeedripstudios.itch.io/soul-labyrinth

Hi everyone! I have been working on a demo for the sequel to Soul Union. This time around I wanted to challenge myself to incorporate some object classes and point and click gameplay elements. The demo will be free to play by 6/26/2021 and posted on my itch.io. Currently only the GxB route is available as to challenge myself, I was making this demo for the Otome jam. I plan on implementing the other options as soon as I can.

leader switch function allows player to toggle between protagonist and companion.

Special thanks to for their contributions:
Zeil
Maggie W
Leporine
Kerry C
And special thanks to all my friends who supported me.

Do you prefer VNs that have other types of gameplay incorporated outside of standard menu dialogue choices or not?

At what point is a text heavy game, no longer considered a VN?

Since my artwork is so heavily anime/manga influenced I feel it will it always fit better as a VN rather than as an interactive fiction or point and click text adventure. But I don't want to mislead people when describing my game. I just want to make games that are interesting to me that mainly focus on characters and story.

Thanks for reading this post and best wishes.