The Prince's Heart [FREE MYSTERY VN] [YAOI | BOY'S LOVE | GAY | BXB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars
Organization: Funigami
itch: funigami
Discord: alexei#5190

The Prince's Heart [FREE MYSTERY VN] [YAOI | BOY'S LOVE | GAY | BXB]

#1 Post by alexei »

Living in a palace can be its own form of torture, especially for Edward, Michael and David, three young men whose heartstrings are tangled and knotted together. As some dark force stalks the corridors of his home, Prince Edward must uncover the mystery whilst trying to win the hearts of his loves, the strong, kind Michael, and David, the poet with stars in his eyes.

The game features:
  • An amazing story with four endings where you'll explore different aspects of the characters.
  • 8 high detailed character sprites.
  • Melodious music.
  • High-quality voice acting by professional & casual voice actors.
The Visual Novel is currently under development by Origami Rose Team for the YAOI JAM 2021. It will be distributed for free through the Itch.io platform for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Make sure you add our game to your itch.io collection so that you receive a notification when it's complete for download!

More About the game can be found here - https://alexitsios.itch.io/the-princes-heart

SPRITES

Prince Edward

Poet David

Page Michael

Queen Elisa

Hero Knight Ladie Marie

Sir Tiphis

Zachariah

Adam
Last edited by alexei on Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:36 am, edited 9 times in total.

alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars

1st big milestone update!

#2 Post by alexei »

Happy and excited to announce that the first draft of the story is complete. A.C. Kass finished it yesterday and sent it to Avior for proofreading.

Victoria on the other hand completed the B&W versions of the sprites and will proceed with coloring them.

What's next...
  • Avior, our editor, will make all the necessary edits the following days. After the manuscript returns to A.C. Kass, she'll be highlighting all the roles with different markers, and she'll distribute it to our team of voice actors.
  • Mattqq has started making the music. Over the next couple of weeks he'll probably be ready.
  • Our voice actors will be doing the VOs.
  • Coding the screenplay into a vn will be done by me after the manuscript is fully edited.
Make sure you add our game to your itch.io collection so that you receive a notification when it's complete for download!

alexei
Regular

Re: The Prince's Heart [FREE MYSTERY VN] [YAOI | BOY'S LOVE | GAY | BXB]

#3 Post by alexei »

2nd Major Update

I've imported the entirety of the script within the game engine (Ren'Py) and created an affection meter that will later affect the preferences of your love interests and will differentiate the endings.

Obviously, the following diagram acts as a spoiler, so you might want to skip this out! Big thanks to Avior, our editor, for helping us out!

What's next?
We'll have to do with A.C. Kass, our writer, some debugging and see if the affection meter works as it should.

Victoria (Artist) has completed the expressions of the main characters.

Jacob (Casting Directory) is finalizing the list with the Voice Actors.

alexei
Regular

Re: The Prince's Heart [FREE MYSTERY VN] [YAOI | BOY'S LOVE | GAY | BXB]

#4 Post by alexei »

When we started The Prince's Heart, we never thought we'd find so many wonderful persons willing to collaborate on our project. Here we are now, a month later, with an entire crew of professional and aspiring Voice Actors willing to help us realize our Visual Novel!

Special thanks to our amazing Casting Director, Jacob Wilson, who directed the whole Voice Over process.

Let's meet the entire cast (in order of appearance in the game)!

Nick Chang as Edward (Protagonist)

I was born in Manhattan, but raised in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, where I currently reside. I also proudly identify as a 2nd generation Asian American (half Hong Kong via my mother, half Taiwanese via my father) and a member of the LGBTQIA+ community (gay and demisexual). Since childhood, I have had a distinct love of music and performance. Having played violin from 4th to 12th grade and sung for even longer, I used music as a primary means to express myself growing up. As I progressed from high school to college, I discovered online voice acting, but it was not until my time in graduate school that I formally decided to become an actor. My interest initially stemmed from a desire to help out in localization projects, but over the time I have spent voice acting, I have come to not only develop a great appreciation of the craft of acting, but also further deepen my love of music and rekindle my love of performance. With my singing experience as a basis to my unique perspectives, I hope to bring sensitivity, curiosity, and innovation to every project I work on!

A. C. Kass as Queen Elisa

This is A. C. Kass’s first time voicing a visual novel. Fresh out of university, she’s excited to see this project flourish.

Jacob Wilson as Adam

I’m a voice actor, Casting and voice director based in Dallas Texas. I’ve been working in this field for almost four years Now. It’s a journey that has taken me literally around the world and I’m so thankful for all I’m able to do and have accomplished. Being a part of amazing projects like this one are what fuel me to pursue my passions. I realized I was bisexual when I was 18. It’s a group in the LGBT+ community that continues to get flak from seemingly all over. But my faith in it and myself has always been unshaken. Outside of VO I am a drag artist in the making under the name “Twilight Stunning”, who I’m going to show more properly in the coming months! I’m so thankful I’m in the position I am, and I can’t wait to see what we have in store for y’all!

Bradley Gareth as Michael (Main Character)

Bradley was raised in Western Pennsylvania, learning piano from age 5 and taking up local community theater at age 10. He pursued the performing arts throughout high school, consistently participating in high school musicals and chorus festivals during his tenure there. At the end of high school, he also took multiple classes in musical composition and began doing online voiceover work.

During his time in college, Bradley participated in numerous professional and amateur voiceover productions both online and at the University of Pittsburgh's student radio station, WPTS Radio. While at WPTS, Bradley also began writing advertisements and online content for websites.

Now out of school, Bradley continues to lend his voice to multiple productions, dabble in musical composition, and provide content writing for WrightlySo.com.

Jared Prize as David (Main Character)

Singing provides me with some of the greatest joy in life. Outside of that, I love voice acting, hiking, and hanging with friends. My day job involves working with computers, so I like to find a bit of an escape into the creative-realm during my free time. My sexuality has always been a struggle, but I find comfort in not putting a label on it (at least for now). Mostly, I am very excited to be a part of an ambition team of lovely people. Working within a project like this brings excitement during the process, and even more-so while waiting for the final piece! I hope you enjoy what's to come xo

Marisa Duran as Lady Marie

Hey there, I’m Marisa Duran. I’m an actress working and living in Dallas, Texas.

I caught the "theatre bug" at a young age. My parents will tell you that it started when I was two years-old, dancing around to the Barney theme song. I agree wholeheartedly.

I grew up in a suburb on the east side of Dallas and was fortunate to have the opportunity to explore a city known for its rich culture and artistic influence. My passion for theatre was fueled by the many musicals that toured through town and I quickly decided that I wanted to spend the rest of my life as a professional actor.

In 2016 I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas with my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre, emphasis in Acting. Since then, I’ve had the privilege of working with multiple professional theatre companies in the DFW area. I’ve also expanded my career into the worlds of film and voiceover, landing roles in short films, webseries, and commercials, and lending my voice to over a dozen anime titles at FUNimation.

Art has the power to heal, to change, and to empower. As an artist, I believe that my purpose on this earth is to tell stories, and through these stories I hope to make a positive impact and leave people better than I found them. I consider it an honor to be able to use my talents in such a profound way.

Whenever I’m not rehearsing or recording, you can usually find me at my day-time marketing job, playing video-games, or drinking coffee at a local coffeeshop.

Kiba Walker as Zachariah

Born Arthur Lee Walker III in Tacoma, Washington, Kiba Walker is an American actor, musician, director, writer, and performer based out of Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas.

Kiba trained under the likes of various industry professionals such as Shane Sparks, Donyelle Jones, Tony Oliver, Betty "Waters" Kennedy, Chuck Huber, Sonny Strait, Chris Rager, Justine Reyes, Lorette Spicer, Bill Quinby, Angie Irons, Dan Lorge, Holly Clark Lorge, Spencer Christian, and many others. With 16 years of collective industry knowledge, Kiba has performed with the likes of Alice Underground, The Stereo Killers, Frankly Fictitious, CRVSH, Grant Davis, Ashley Ann Farley, Steve "Warky" Nunez, BASH!, Ryland Lynch, Ross Lynch, Will Jay, and more.

Voice over came to Kiba in his later years, around the age of 18, when he found his love doing an ask blog for Tumblr. From there, he took the craft seriously and networked profusely with various actors and companies in the voice over realm. His first roles were as Boku Temagawa in "Love Games" and Mike Connelly in "Zoolaplex".

Since 2014, he's been cast in various other projects including MY HERO ACADEMIA, HORIMIYA, GENSHIN IMPACT, FRUITS BASKET, ONE PIECE, SAINT SEIYA (2019 Sentai Dub), BLACK CLOVER, BOFURI! I DON'T WANNA GET HURT SO I'LL MAX OUT MY DEFENSE, CAUTIOUS HERO: THE HERO IS OVERPOWERED BUT OVERLY CAUTIOUS, CASE FILE NO.221 KABUKICHO, CAMP BUDDY, FULL SERVICE, TO TRUST AN INCUBUS, TO LOVE RU, O MAIDENS IN YOUR SAVAGE SEASON, EARTHLOCK, POPUP DUNGEON, SOMETHING IN THE DARK, RADIANT, and many more!

He's also directed such titles as FULL SERVICE, IDUEL: BATTLE FOR STARDOM, ISHIDA & ASAKURA, THE TITAN'S BRIDE, and CAMP BUDDY.

As a musician now, Kiba currently has one album out, titled "XO", that released in May 2016. He runs a music channel called "KibaKovers", adapting anime and video game openings into English for a broader audience, as well as regular Top 40 covers. He is also one of the champions of the hit Fort Worth Drag Competition, The 3, as Salem Moon!

Mike Young as Sir Tiphis

Hello, I’m Mike Young. A dynamic, versatile and different British VP voice actor with gravitas, who can turn on various shades of Bristol, and run the spectrum of silky smooth, to warm and friendly.

Under the brilliant tutelage of Tanya Rich, my road to a professional voice acting career begin in 2018, having produced a wide variety of stories and audiobooks.

I lend my talent to a range of different projects:

Hard sell and soft sell commercial and corporate scripts
IVR for telephone systems and mobile apps
Instructional e-learning courses
Promotional adverts and trailers
Public service announcements
Character narration for video games, film, audio dramas and books
…and more!

I love it all, I do it all! And if you like what you hear, contact me! I’ll be sure to make your project gurt lush.

alexei
Regular

What we got right and what not for our Visual Novel Game Jam: Build 0.5 build and progress report.

#5 Post by alexei »

The Prince’s Heart is practically our first “brainchild”. And although I hate the term “child” since video games aren't anyone's child, but nothing more than entertainment products, that's how we creators usually behave with them. Of course, our first complete video game as a team is Dragon Gazer, a small 1000-word visual novel game for the O2A2 jam, we consider The Prince’s Heart to be our first “actual” project since it’s complete in terms of narration, character design, and worldbuilding.

But, like most parents with their first newborn, we made some critical mistakes that we should have foreseen in terms of production and deadline, but well... we didn't, and that's a hard-earned lesson that we should keep in mind for our next projects.

Check out the rest of the update here - https://funigami.itch.io/the-princes-he ... ess-report

alexei
Regular

Getting closer to our dream: Build 0.7 and Early Release

#6 Post by alexei »

As I mentioned in our previous thread, there were some things that we got right and some that we didn't.

What matters is that we're closer than ever to completing the game.

As you can see, the game is in early access, and you can play the entire thing. In terms of story, the game is complete, but there are a few things that need to be sorted out before it's fully complete.

So, what to expect if you decide to play our game right now:
  • Full story with two main routes and more than 10 endings.
  • Fully rendered sprites with several poses and expressions.
  • Every character is professionally voice acted.
  • Depending on the route and the ending expect anywhere between an hour to an hour and a half.
What will be added to the final version?

Since most of the game is complete, not much will be added, but there are a few things that will improve the experience and gameplay.

GUI:
  • Some minor notification graphics for quick save/load don’t display well.
  • Beautifying the confirmation window when you quit the game
In terms of audio/sound:
  • Create SFX and implement them
  • Create a track for the Main Menu
In terms of artwork:
  • Rendered Backgrounds. The ones we have right now aren’t bad, but they can get much better!
  • The Main Menu Screen will be different.
  • There will be an ending screen.
In terms of VOs

Volume adjustment to lines & sound normalization.

I hope you have a great time playing our game! I'd appreciate any comment or feedback!

Check out the game here - https://funigami.itch.io/the-princes-heart