Jake's Paralysis Steam store page is up

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Brunomir

Jake's Paralysis Steam store page is up

#1 Post by Brunomir »

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1677 ... =LEMMASOFT

Hey everybody! How is it going? I'm a solo game developer from a small country called Uruguay, and for a few months I've been working on a VN. This past week I was honoured, alongside 11 other studios, to represent our country in the GDC 2021 with my project.

During this week my game store page on Steam was approved and it's now online!
I'm super excited because this is going to be my first commercial game!!

Jake’s Paralysis is a dating sim visual novel with animated backgrounds and Live2D characters with multiple choices to determine different endings..
The theme is fantasy, of the Bishōjo genre, where the story focuses on the romance between a boy and a girl in the 90s and an unknown event that makes the main character teleport back and forth onto a universe set in the 20s.

Could you please help me out and check the store page and maybe give me some feedback on how it's looking? Thank you all I really appreciate it!

The demo will be out soon (it will be the first chapter), I'm still working really hard on it to finish it asap!

To support me on the development here's my patreon for the game: https://www.patreon.com/TeamBrunomir

drinkerofmilk
Regular
itch: socah

Re: Jake's Paralysis Steam store page is up

#2 Post by drinkerofmilk »

Steam page looks pretty decent. I would advise making the little feature text near the main capsule a bit more inspiring. Currently it's this:

'Animated Visual Novel in which you follow Jake through his romantic and student life evolution, making decisions that will impact how the story ends. This game has content unsuitable for children or those who are easily disturbed.'

This is rather generic and could describe about 90% of VNs. I would try to include some unique selling points (maybe the 1920's setting, or the animated sprites?) Also the content warning isn't really necessary here as the Steam maturity system will handle this for you.