Data Lion [Lion VN] [Animal protagonist] [BxB] [Yaoi Jam 2021]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
shin.e.d
Projects: Data Lion and an unnamed bxb game with dinosaurs!

Data Lion [Lion VN] [Animal protagonist] [BxB] [Yaoi Jam 2021]

#1 Post by shin.e.d »

DATA LION

A game made for 2021 Yaoi Jam!

EDIT: The jam is over! You can download the game at the itch.io page here! :3

I wasn't able to finish the game in time, but it would help to have another writer/editor or artist help complete it if anyone is interested. I've been working alone so far, and it's been kind of hard juggling everything tbh. I decided to make this for the jam because I've never been able to finish a VN before.

The game is inspired by The Lion King and Kimba The White Lion, but the lions are gay.

Game Summary
The main character is an intersex lion who looks like a mix between a male lion and lioness. He goes by he/him pronouns.

The game starts with humans putting a camera collar on him to document his journey. Gameplay utilizes choices like in many visual novels. Along the way you'll find lions who will be the love interests. The game ends when the humans pop off the camera collar after 7 days.

Images
Last edited by shin.e.d on Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Johan
Regular
Organization: DMEOW
itch: dmeow
Discord: Johan#7444

Re: Data Lion [Lion VN] [Animal protagonist] [BxB] [Yaoi Jam 2021]

#2 Post by Johan »

Will this game make me cry...
I don't know why that was my immediate thought upon seeing this game.

Maybe because you put your inspirations as Lion King and Kimba and those series made me cry :c
I just don't like when animals suffer :C

As a side note: Uhm... I'm not rlly keen on animals being gay? xD but... idk, the idea for the game, that humans put a camera collar on a lion and it records 7 days... my mind can't stop thinking that it's going be a RLLY SAD GAME. Please, tell me I'm wrong.
dmeow !
Check my silly blog!

◤ And I saw the stars ★ falling down... ◢
Check the game!! IT'S OUT!!!

shin.e.d

#3 Post by shin.e.d »

It is a sad game. X3  But no one dies I think... (Haven't written it all yet.) There's nothing like the Mufasa scene in Lion King... I couldn't hope to write that well to move people to cry anyway... Lol

As for the gay part, I'm really excited to make it because there are like... 0 stories with animal protags that don't go after girl animals... only one I can think of right now is the movie 'Arashi no Yoru Ni'. They never said the male-voiced goat's gender and rewrote it to be not gay in the TV remake. Since I'm gay, it's just boring scenes I don't understand, it's so depressing they changed it.

Speaking of depressing, there is one avoidable scene of animal-on-human attack in the game, but the human forgives the animal for attacking since it's in it's nature. Everything works out fine in the end.

So the story can get dark, but not too dark depending on the player's choices. :3

Johan
Regular
Organization: DMEOW
itch: dmeow
Discord: Johan#7444

#4 Post by Johan »

It is a sad game. X3 But no one dies I think... (Haven't written it all yet.) There's nothing like the Mufasa scene in Lion King... I couldn't hope to write that well to move people to cry anyway... Lol
NOOOOOoooooooo I knew it u_u
I'm gonna cry, I just know it :C
As for the gay part, I'm really excited to make it because there are like... 0 stories with animal protags that don't go after girl animals... only one I can think of right now is the movie 'Arashi no Yoru Ni'. They never said the male-voiced goat's gender and rewrote it to be not gay in the TV remake. Since I'm gay, it's just boring scenes I don't understand, it's so depressing they changed it.
Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing parts of that movie on YT and I always assumed both were of the same gender! I didn't know they rewrote it like that for the TV. The original was good! >:T
Speaking of depressing, there is one avoidable scene of animal-on-human attack in the game, but the human forgives the animal for attacking since it's in it's nature. Everything works out fine in the end.

So the story can get dark, but not too dark depending on the player's choices. :3
Knowing my luck, I'll probably get all the bad endings first and then, the happy ending xD but I guess that'll make it more worth to get it then :P

Keep it up! ^^
dmeow !
Check my silly blog!

◤ And I saw the stars ★ falling down... ◢
Check the game!! IT'S OUT!!!

shin.e.d

#5 Post by shin.e.d »

The jam is over, and now the game is now up for download on itch.io! It's not fully finished, but it's play-able beginning-to-end with a full CG gallery! Hope you like it! (I'm exhausted. whew)