Move 78 [DEMO][Escape Rooms][Horror][Mystery][Sci-fi][Death Game]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Griffith

Move 78 [DEMO][Escape Rooms][Horror][Mystery][Sci-fi][Death Game]

#1 Post by Griffith »

Story

Eight strangers awake in an unfamiliar complex. They find themselves forced to solve intricate puzzle rooms and fight for their lives in deadly games. What happened to the outside world and why do they all remember the face of a serial murderer called The Botfly Killer?

Gameplay

The game plays similar to the Zero Escape series. Players experience the story through a fully-voiced visual novel before having to solve puzzles in 3D escape rooms and play against enemies in death games.

Higher-resolution gallery Link

I want to use this forum thread to post my development progress. Currently, I am planning to release a demo on October 1st so I am working towards the final touches of that.

I am also looking for some voice actors for certain roles at the moment (I may extend this deadline) Link

If you're feeling nice, you can also wishlist the game here (The assets on the page are quite outdated but I'll update them soon)

I would love to hear people's thoughts about the game.
Last edited by Griffith on Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: Move 78 [Escape Rooms][Horror][Mystery][Sci-fi][Death Game]

#2 Post by parttimestorier »

This sounds like a really cool concept! I like the style of the sprite art too. Good luck with development, I'm looking forward to seeing more!
ImageImageImage

Griffith

#3 Post by Griffith »

parttimestorier wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:35 am This sounds like a really cool concept! I like the style of the sprite art too. Good luck with development, I'm looking forward to seeing more!
Thanks very much,

I may be releasing the demo a bit earlier than October 1st, I am only waiting for a delivery from a few of the voice actors now as I finished everything else ahead of schedule.

Here is a small update to show some of the expressions, they won't make it into the first release of the demo but I will update it with them all later.

Here is a short video of the tutorial escape section.

I will post a video of the visual novel section once I get the delivery from the voice actors.

In other development news, the script is totally finished now so for me it was mainly just a lot of bug fixing and making sure that the demo is running solidly. I think after I release the demo I will shift some of my focus towards marketing as I haven't really got the game out there for viewing yet.

If anyone is interested in playing a prerelease of the demo before the release date, just let me know and I can DM you a steam code to give you access.

I'd love to get some feedback from the visual novel community.

carrot_
Regular
Completed: OC, StLD, T2A2G, OFW, Easter
Projects: Our Wonderland
Tumblr: just-a-carrot
itch: carrotpatchgames

#4 Post by carrot_ »

Some of that artwork is giving me the heebity-jeebities—and I mean in a good way. Even the start screen alone is filling me with dread. Super intrigued by this, especially the combination of cute artwork with creepy themes. Though probably I will suck at the puzzles. At any rate, I'm gonna keep my eye on this one!

Griffith

#5 Post by Griffith »

Thanks, Mr Carrot :)

Here is a video of the visual novel section which shows off the voice acting. It's missing the character expressions at the moment but that will be added later, I also want to put some kind of dust particles or something moving in the background. Anyway, it would be great to hear what you think of the voice acting.

carrot_
Regular
Completed: OC, StLD, T2A2G, OFW, Easter
Projects: Our Wonderland
Tumblr: just-a-carrot
itch: carrotpatchgames

#6 Post by carrot_ »

Griffith wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:10 pm Thanks, Mr Carrot :)

Here is a video of the visual novel section which shows off the voice acting. It's missing the character expressions at the moment but that will be added later, I also want to put some kind of dust particles or something moving in the background. Anyway, it would be great to hear what you think of the voice acting.

Oh, nice! I really like Sigrid's voice! It sounds very cute and matches her art perfectly. :D

Griffith

#7 Post by Griffith »

Here's a new trailer for the game. This is to go along with the release of the demo which you can now play on steam https://bit.ly/3q3AtGt. If you feel like being nice and adding the game to your wishlist I'd really appreciate it.

As for a development update, I have been delivered almost all of the voice acting lines now. I will post some other visual novel sections in a week or so once I get them into the game, I just need to pick an area that isn't full of spoilers. My plan for the next week or so is to finish putting together the rest of the visual novel scenes and if I get time I will start implementing controller support.

Griffith

Re: Move 78 [DEMO][Escape Rooms][Horror][Mystery][Sci-fi][Death Game]

#8 Post by Griffith »

Long time no update. The game is getting very close to completion now, in the next week or so I will be holding a beta test where I'm looking for people to play through the entire game and answer a few questions about it after they are done. I'm currently estimating that the game will take around 10-15 hours to play through. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Currently, I'm adding in the last few expressions/voices for some of the characters and finishing the last bit of logic for the final escape room.

You can see some examples of the expressions above. If anyone's interested in playing the game during the beta test, drop me a DM on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mjosephs194

I'm also hoping to update the demo sometime in the next few weeks so that it has all of the new expressions, voices and art in it also.