[Discontinued][Otome][Arranged Marriage] A Noble's Decision Demo (updated)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
princessbarb21
Deviantart: princessbarb21
itch: princessbarb21
Discord: ℳ𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓱𝓲𝒆𝓿𝓸𝓾𝓼ⒶⒹⓊⓁⓉ#2958 or princessbarb21#4009

[Discontinued][Otome][Arranged Marriage] A Noble's Decision Demo (updated)

#1 Post by princessbarb21 »

This demo is suitable for ages 16+ it contains mild language and sexual comments. The full game when it's released will be 18+ as it will contain nudity and sexual content.

Here's a link if you want to play the demo on Cloudnovel
Here's a link if you want to download from itch

Demo consists of the prologue which is around 7,450 words.

Most resources used are placeholders until I can get together a team to make original ones.

~~~~~~~~

The Kingdom, unlike others, has a different tradition to select its next king, instead of the birth order of the King's Sons.

A Noble girl at a young age is selected to be raised as the two oldest prince's fiance, to later choose one of them to be the next king and marry him. She then takes the position of Queen at his side, when he becomes king after the current king retires or dies.

18-year-old Ameliana, the childhood friend to the kingdom's Princes, is the selected noble for this duty.

Normally, she wouldn't have to choose for another few years, ( age 21) but The king has suddenly fallen ill. It's unknown if he'll recover.

Thus, Ameliana has been summoned to the palace to start the process early.

There's a problem though, Ameliana isn't so sure she's up to the task.

With the importance and pressure of her duty, Ameliana must overcome her doubts and much more to secure the future of the Kingdom and its Royal family
~~~~~~~~

Ameliana

A young of age Noble. She fears marrying one of her childhood friends will destroy their relationship. Unfortunately, she has no choice in the matter.

Prince Elan

The oldest Prince. A Ladies man type who is partially deaf, after an accident when he was younger but can still speak. Uses sign language while speaking out of habit. Often Scolds his younger brother Alistair when he teases Ameliana too much.

Prince Alistair

The second oldest Prince. A perverse type. Often teases Ameliana and make perverse jokes. However, he doesn't show this side to him outside those close to him.

King Redmond

The King. A kind but strict type when he needs to be. Is often a bit of a jokester especially when he feels the atmosphere needs lightening up.

Queen Aiyana

The Queen. A kind, wise woman type. She bestows advice on Ameliana whenever she needs it.

~~~~~~~~
Screenshots

~~~~~~~~
Features

2 Routes
1 romance end each
1 Stay friends end each
1 secret ending
Dating sim-style without stat raising except for romance points

~~~~~~~~
Credits

Me for GUI images, buttons, palace and Ameliana's chamber background photo manips

MiraP aka soma_mi on fiverr for car window and Plane background

Sonya on cloudnovel.net

sutemo on itch.io.com

shinodem on cgtrader.com

Upklak on freepik.com

Vectorpocket on freepik.com,

wingzofdarkness on https://lemmasoft.renai.us/
for Prince sprites which I edited the colours and added some blushing to some of the expressions.

Writers
Princessbarb21
WarriorOutcast
Frances

Programmers

Princessbarb21
omranpanda

Extra menu buttons
サイト|空想曲線
URL|https://kopacurve.blog.fc2.com/

Time to Think by Purrple Cat | https://purrplecat.com/
Music promoted on https://www.chosic.com/free-music/all/
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

~~~~~~~~
What do I want to use this post for?
  • Exposure to the game
  • Progress updates
  • Respectful critique
  • Game discussion
~~~~~~~~

This idea came to me a few years ago after playing a Solmare Shall We Date game called My Sweet Prince.

While the concept of choosing a prince to be king is similar, that is the only thing in common it has

This is my first demo ever published. I'm excited to share it with you all.

Here's my question to you all to get the discussion going.

What are some of the other features you would like to see in A Noble's Decision or like to see in vns/ dating sims in general?
Last edited by princessbarb21 on Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

princessbarb21

Re: [Otome][Arranged Marriage] A Noble's Decision Demo (updated)

#2 Post by princessbarb21 »

Update1:
  • Updated size and quality of some of the resources as they were the incorrect size and quality making loading a bit slow sometimes.
  • Fixed positioning of character images on the romance screen
  • Made new button for on the extra screen replacing the old one that didn't match with others
  • Started development of demo in Renpy

princessbarb21

Re: [Otome][Arranged Marriage] A Noble's Decision Demo (updated)

#3 Post by princessbarb21 »

Update 2 :

Renpy version of the demo will release around next week on the 17th NZDT.

Resolution for Renpy version will be 1920 x1080
As 1280 x 720 was explained to me as being very outdated and would likely reduce the quality of the game when renpy scales it up for higher-res screens.

Gui and UI Have also been updated.