Temple of Flesh and Leaves [BxG][18+][Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Silfvr

Temple of Flesh and Leaves [BxG][18+][Drama]

#1 Post by Silfvr »

About
Temple of Flesh and Leaves is a love story about two troubled hearts meeting for one summer in the forest. David is an introverted, underemployed writer still suffering from the effects of a failed relationship. Silvia is a delinquent high school student facing graduation, social turmoil and a directionless future. They meet at the house of Silvia's aunt which David has been hired to watch for the summer, and quickly form a passionate connection. Over three months of spiraling debauchery, drug use, philosophy and ritual sex magick, they change each other's lives forever.

Characters
The game focuses on only two characters: David, the main viewpoint character, and Silvia, his love interest. As is usually the case in visual novels, David will only appear in certain CGs, as most of the game is from his viewpoint. So the only character seen as a sprite onscreen will be Silvia. To keep this from becoming boring, I'm aiming to have a large number of poses, faces and clothing combinations for Silvia so that she is highly visually dynamic, at least by VN standards. Here is Silvia's default sprite:

Setting
Here are a few BGs depicting the house the game takes place in and around:

Development Info
I'm aiming for a medium length game with two different endings but many alternate scenes and lines of dialogue based on choices. The primary focus of the game besides the story and character interactions will be multiple graphic sex scenes featuring 18+ content. There will be an option at the start of the game to tame these scenes down to more R-rated versions, but as the main thematic focus of the story is the erotic romance aspect, the story and characters would become nonsensical without the sex scenes.

The game is still relatively early in development. The script is roughly 75 percent complete and the backgrounds are essentially all done, but the remaining art and music are in the early stages. I'm funding all of this personally, so dev time will be based mostly on how long it takes me to raise funding. I'm going to do some kind of crowdfunding eventually, so hopefully that will speed development up a bit. This is all still very much a learning experience for me. I'm aiming to make the final release free, on both itch.io and Steam. Once I have more of the game done and presentable, I'll release a demo and make Steam and itch.io pages.

Although at the moment there isn't much I feel ready to show off and discuss, I'd appreciate any feedback or questions as development goes on.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Temple of Flesh and Leaves [BxG][18+][Drama]

#2 Post by fleet »

I like the character and setting art. The plot sounds interesting. I wish you success on fund-raising.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Inksword
Regular
Tumblr: inksword

Re: Temple of Flesh and Leaves [BxG][18+][Drama]

#3 Post by Inksword »

Really gorgeous art and backgrounds! Only having one character on-screen to worry about surely helps you make sure it's great. Good luck! Looks interesting!