The Witch and the Fairy (Revival) [Fantasy, Psychological, Nakige]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Rensuka
Regular

The Witch and the Fairy (Revival) [Fantasy, Psychological, Nakige]

#1 Post by Rensuka »

Trigger Warning: This story will contain themes of drug use, and suicide.
"In my desperation to relive the memories we had together... I made some decisions."
"A syringe rolls off my sheets and onto the floor."
lowres.jpg
Sophie is trying to kill herself
She won't forgive herself for the accident that killed her adopted daughter. Her only solace is her syringe. That is her only gateway to relive the memories of her daughter as dreams. For some reason, each of these dreams happens through the lens of a medieval fantasy with Sophie as a witch and her daughter as a fairy. As Sophie continues her downward spiral, we learn about her relationship with her daughter and what brought them together through these dreams. With each hit of drugs, Sophie's heart becomes weaker as she gets closer to her goal. Can Sophie find closure in reliving old memories or will she pass the point of no return and do too much damage to her heart?
Help Wanted
Project Summary
The Witch and the Fairy is my attempt to tell a story I've been mulling over for about six years. I am looking forward to bringing a story that I think has a lot of heart and love despite being such a dark topic to life. The story is about the things that happen in our lives that are out of our control and finding the strength to carry on in the darkest of times.

Full Disclosure: This is a revival of a project that was put on hold for a few years. I created a new thread as the old one was outdated.
Project Status
Status:2nd Draft: Act 1: 100% Complete, Act 2 (In Rewrite), Act 3: 100% Complete, Act 4: 100% Complete
Characters
Sophie
Sophie is a intelligent and studious witch who lives deep in the forest running her potions business and taking care of Bella.
If it were up to her, Sophie would be perfectly happy living a simple life in the forest of just making potions and doing research but
Sophie finds herself constantly having to clean up Bella's messes both big and small! She is also completely enamored with her best friend Lily.
Bella
Bella is a childish, hot headed fairy, that for unknown reasons left the fairy realm and was rescued by Sophie. Bella is impulsive and gets Sophie into constant trouble!
Lily
Lily is a kind and gentle hearted barmaid who works in town and is always visiting Sophie in the forest.
She is determined and will do anything to help Sophie!
Backgrounds
All assets will be in 4k on release. These are scaled down examples.
forest night (2).jpg
forest night (3).jpg