Myx's Bittersweet Musings [cute][dark][psychological][sci-fi][kemonomimi][relationships][past][WinterVNJam]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MintGlow
Regular
Completed: Pippy's Ultimate Quest for Friendship (and Lessons)!!!, Myx's Bittersweet Musings, Sweetly Sweetened Sweets
Projects: Acquiesce, The Dose Makes The Poison
Deviantart: MintGlow
Soundcloud: MintGlow
itch: MintGlow
Discord: Carmints#6989

Myx's Bittersweet Musings [cute][dark][psychological][sci-fi][kemonomimi][relationships][past][WinterVNJam]

#1 Post by MintGlow »

Sketch of one of four unlockable CGs:
cg_3 promo.png

A short visual novel about relationships and how we may perceive the past.

I am currently working on the second game in the series, Myx's Bittersweet Musings. This will be another short game (and it will be made alongside the Winter VN Jam!), but I will strive for it to have a great impact on those that play it. For more updates, check https://twitter.com/MINTGL0W I hope you'll like it! :D

The rest below are spoilers for the first game! I recommend you play that before this one. However, you can enjoy this one by itself as well (I just don't recommend it)

Play the first game here: https://mintglow.itch.io/puqffal

Here is the logo and main menu:
Untitled392_20211109093238.png
sc11.PNG
The main characters (these sprites are a WIP):
Myx - 13 years old - a bored girl at home that decides to bring artificial intelligence to life for company. Real people aren't very nice/different anyway.
mm hmph.png
Digit - (Myx decides they're 13 years old) - you can't even tell they're a computer! Myx must teach them the ways of life.
dd content talking.png

Updates so far:

11/5/21: Started drafting script, dialogue, and CGs

11/8/21: Made logo for MBM

11/9/21: Finalized logo for MBM, started thinking heavily about the story and messages I want to tell

11/10/21: Drew sketches character sprite variations for a bully and the past Myx (Fun fact, I incorporated some of Myx design from 8 years ago)

11/12/21: Made and polished the main menu and tinkered around with GUI code

11/13/21: Made thumbnail GIF for website and added screenshots to website, wrote more dialogue and started choices and endings, decided I should start working on my essay which is due in 2 days

Honestly, these VNs were initially made to fill the hollow shells of my OCs, but now that they have so much life and depth, it makes me want to do so much with them! I want to show the world things that I believe are not emphasized enough in shows, movies, other games, anime, books, etc., which is why they are free.
Attachments
a choice.PNG