MoonFire: A Seeker's Saga [Fantasy][RPG][Kickstarter-Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
WufflesPuffs
Projects: MoonFire: A Seeker's Saga
Organization: Moon Munch Studio
itch: https://moonmunch.it

MoonFire: A Seeker's Saga [Fantasy][RPG][Kickstarter-Demo]

#1 Post by WufflesPuffs »

halfed-smol2059x924.jpg

Become the deciding factor between fate and ruin. MoonFire: A Seeker's Saga is a narrative-driven RPG where choices impact character, combat and consequence. In a world of celestial magic and violence-devoted talking animals, the only reality may be to perish or persevere.

MoonFire: A Seeker’s Saga is a crafted blend of a Visual Novel and an RPG with Open-World mechanics. Set within a boundless fantasy world, you will experience dozens of characters and eccentric lore. Manage a system of 6 main character traits that aid your exploration alongside RNG events, character buffs, party stats, and much more.

02 throne-fliplow.jpg
story.png

You are awake now.

I know you can't speak... You will, soon. The Seeker has saved you for this quest.

You are in Malenthia, a land once whole and strong. The Second Era ended with the death of Queen Kulviete, many years ago. She and her family succumbed, and now the lands of Malenthia begin to crumble under the encroachment of fiends, beings of unknown origin that devour all in their path. Rumors and unrest grow into endless dispute under the spiteful gaze of one called Damaskia.

I know you have no memory of this. It must be this way. As the only human amid Creature-Kind, you must learn as you travel across Malenthia. Yours is the power of gods and demons alike, to use reason to put to rest the all-consuming chaos. Within this puzzle of scattered pieces, everything can be connected, if you can bring your mind and heart to bear.

You have questions. I am sure... But will you find what you seek?
  • Discover a fantasy world of Gods, Planets, Theories, Falsehoods and Truths
  • Build a roster of delightful companions
  • Level your character to master in diplomacy, hone your thievery or withstand combat
  • Choose to become a SunSage or LunarKnight, both withholding of great power
  • Collect items to hoard, sell, or aid in your exploration
  • Assist the Seeker in her journey of discovering the truth

Screenshots
screen6.png
screen4.png
screen2.png
screen3.png
There's plenty more details and list of some of the characters on my Kickstarter. This my first big game and my first ever kickstarter. It's already been marked and badged by Kickstarter as Project We Love! -cheers-

My goal here is showcase what I've been working on for well over a year, and I hope some of you find the setting and story to your fancy ^-^ There is a live demo that runs about an hour long, but keep in mind it is not 100% finalized in the sense of a finished game. (Assets, settings, etc.)

Demo - https://moonmunch.itch.io/moonfire-a-seekers-saga-demo

Kickstarter - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/moonmunch/moonfire

I would also like to mention my trailer was done by the wonderful WhiteCharisma. They were the sole reason I found this thread from furious google searches for some video assistance haha. I'll be leaving a link to the trailer and a review for that soon too.

Let me know!
I'd like to hear peoples initial thoughts from the images.
What do you think of the demo?
What are you initial reactions to the kickstarter?
In this medieval setting, would you rather romantic options or not?
Would you rather see it more dark fantasy or more cutesie?
(I'm personally trying to go for a balance of both, to lighten the darker moods here and there. But let me know!)