Samuda Interval [Murder Mystery][Dating Sim][Supernatural][Slice-of-Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
oatnoodles
Regular
Projects: Samuda Interval
Organization: Tomuwa Entertainment
Deviantart: oatnoodles
Github: oatnoodles
itch: oatnoodles
Discord: oatnoodles

Samuda Interval [Murder Mystery][Dating Sim][Supernatural][Slice-of-Life]

#1 Post by oatnoodles »

We have a Steam page! | Showcase trailer here! | Discord server | Twitter

Samuda Interval is a visual novel, slice-of-life, murder mystery & supernatural game. You play the daily life of Park Haewon, a college freshman attending classes, working part-time jobs, and meeting new people. Making "bonds" with your peers is one of your main priorities, alongside solving the puzzling serial kidnapping/murder case plaguing University of Kilwa-Buchan.

You'll choose certain activities in your daily life that will prepare you for the future. Sometimes you'll the knowledge to impress a fellow classmate before befriending them, or be charming enough to talk to others. Make sure you take the time to hone your social skills!

The missing persons case happening in Buchan revolving around University of Kilwa-Buchan will be a part of your daily activities as well. Fellow classmate Tenseok Namjoon-hee, better known as "Joonhee," and mysterious figure Miwuda will guide you through the inner workings of the case. With their help, you may be able to stop the murders before they happen.

NOTE: All artwork currently displayed in trailers and screenshots are placeholders. Backgrounds and portraits will be updated as development continues.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

This thread is partially to get the word out there, but also to get help with coding! I'm the main coder, and I do have one other person, but they don't have a lot of free time, and free time is the only time our team has to work on the project. I'm hoping to possibly get another coder to join the team! (If you're interested, reply here, DM me, or message me on Discord @ oatnoodles#0099.)

Specifically, our first issue - we need to create a calendar system. One broken into year, month, week, day, and then time blocks within a day that flow seamlessly into each other. I know there's code out already for this sort of thing, but because I'm not particularly experienced with Python, I don't really understand how to customize the code that's out there. I think for this project, we'll have to make a system from scratch.

I'd also like your thoughts on what we have so far! Questions, concerns, suggestions, etc. are all welcome.
Ren'py amateur looking to learn as much as possible! Please be patient with me.

niho
itch: nihomi
Discord: niho#0953

Re: Samuda Interval [Murder Mystery][Dating Sim][Supernatural][Slice-of-Life]

#2 Post by niho »

This project looks quite promising! The presentation is really clean, and I really like the character designs. I look forward to the progress updates :)

jagoff
Github: soshtolsus

#3 Post by jagoff »

Are you still looking for a programmer? Your project looks very promising and I'm looking for a project to join. I'm an experienced professional software developer looking to join a free revshare project, mostly for fun, and I can certainly help with the calendar issue.

oatnoodles
Regular
Projects: Samuda Interval
Organization: Tomuwa Entertainment
Deviantart: oatnoodles
Github: oatnoodles
itch: oatnoodles
Discord: oatnoodles

#4 Post by oatnoodles »

We are still looking for programmers! Feel free to DM me on Discord at oatnoodles#0099 for more info :^)
Ren'py amateur looking to learn as much as possible! Please be patient with me.