My Runaway girl [NSFW][2D][Romance][Slice of Life][School girl][Q4 2022]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Shificz

My Runaway girl [NSFW][2D][Romance][Slice of Life][School girl][Q4 2022]

#1 Post by Shificz »

THE PLOT

My Runaway Girl tells the story of Toshio, a part-time convenience store clerk, who after a drunken night out ends up inviting a runaway high school girl Miyoko to live with him in exchange for household upkeep. What will happen between the two? It is up to you!

The full story consists of 15 chapters and 3 unique routes, which will be affected by the player’s choices. Will you pursue romance, friendship, or something much more callous?

NOTE: The game has NSFW elements and is intended for 18+ audience only!

The story is inspired by a light novel called Higehiro (2017-2018) by Shimesaba, and the manga and anime series based on that work.

GAMEPLAY

The game consists of 3 different routes that the player can experience, and it includes features such as a fully-fledged needs, store and job systems, buyable items, gifts and outfits, and customizable character name for the main character. In addition to the main romance and neutral paths, the player is free to choose a third, more sinister experience...

We greatly appreciate your interest and financial support!

MORE INFO
https://shificz.itch.io/myrunawaygirl
Last edited by Shificz on Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReneAllison

Re: My Runaway girl [NSFW][2D][Romance][Slice of Life][School girl][Q4 2022]

#2 Post by ReneAllison »

I adore playing games, and I can't wait to play this one whenever it's released.

Shificz

#3 Post by Shificz »

Prototype finally released, we still have a lot todo :)

Here:
https://www.patreon.com/myrunawaygirl

Shificz

#4 Post by Shificz »

Hi,

Information about our current vision
Story
As we've started working on the final prototype, our hopes and goals have shifted significantly. All of the details below are subject to change during the development process, but should provide perspective all the same.

The first thing we noticed is that many games share MRG's genre and niche (stat sim RPGs, slice of life romance stories, and visual novels with morality systems). In response, we've set a new overall goal for ourselves: to make a living, breathing world. Our hope is to add side characters, plus individual stories for each (incl. erotic scenes and different endings). We would also like to add more locations, so that our version of Tokyo feels truly lived-in.

Because these changes will shift the focus—making the game about more than just Toshio and Miyoko's relationship—we will also change the game's name after Prototype C is complete. Our current ideas are a surprise, though! We hope you're excited to hear about them as we are to (eventually) share them!

Some more specific thoughts we've had about the game's story are as follows:

Miyoko's Past - Players will be able to play as Miyoko, experience her backstory, and influence it somewhat—meaning they will also influence her relationship with Toshio (to be NTR or vanilla). The option to experience Miyoko's memories will appear when the player goes to sleep.
Script Changes - After we launch the beta, we plan to do a massive edit of all the game's text. Our previous focus was on the RPG mechanics more-so than the script—but the latter needs serious adjustments to meet our vision and standard of quality.
Morality System - Although we understand many players enjoy this, morality is a complex thing. People may be creatures of habit, but they don't always intend to be good, evil, or neutral. For this reason, we will remove the current points system and make more "dynamic" choices. In other words: each decision will directly affect the story in some way. We want the choices to feel impactful and important.

RPG Elements & Player Expression

Our first focus will be balancing the game's existing / previously-revealed systems—but after that, we'd like to add something along the lines of "skill points." Our basic concept is for three large skill trees. They will mostly contain passive buffs that make the game easier (e.g. the fridge will always have something from Miyoko; percentage-based increases to the player's paycheck). This way, players can essentially tweak the difficulty based on what they're having trouble with!

As a reminder, we also plan to expand crafting (cooking) and add recipes that give buffs.

Another milestone we've come up with is letting players customize their apartment. A person's environment is, in many ways, a reflection of themselves—and we feel it's doubly important as we remove "smaller" choices. That said, this would be a significant undertaking: the background would have to change based on different decorations and styles, and we'd have to ensure it's well-implemented. If we pursue this, we will add a shop where you can buy furniture, paint for the walls, etc.

Miyoko's Behavior

Another of our new goals is to make Miyoko feel more well-rounded as a character. Using skill points, she will cook and work—making Toshio's (and the player's) life easier. The player's decisions and her corruption will also affect her behavior. For example, if Miyoko started live-streaming, increasing her corruption and taking "evil" decisions could make her do more… risque content.

Although we intend to expand and develop her behavior, and although we discussed removing morality points, we would like to keep the general dynamic of "adorable, hot, or degenerate" as best we can!

Ideally, the player will also be able to customize her appearance—including clothes and hairstyle.

Art, Animation, & NSFW Content

We don't have too much to say on this topic at the moment, but we hope to one day add animations to most of our CGs. We would also like to redesign the game's sprites, so that our characters are "prettier" and more expressive.

"Does the former mean animated blowjobs," some of you may ask? Why yes, it does! That said: all sexual content with Miyoko will be interactive and enjoyable if our vision is met. In contrast, sex scenes with other characters will not be interactive—but we will try to provide animated CGs if we can.

Publishing / Roadmap

Many of these goals may seem ambitious, which is why they are subject to change. Our team would like to provide a quality game to our supporters, fans, and potential fans—rather than an experience with lots of "quantity" and little to sink one's teeth into.

For this reason, we are expecting 1-2 years of development (minimum).

The post-beta roadmap below is also subject to change depending on how much support we receive on Patreon. These things, and the final release, may take more or less time depending on our budget—but we hope to:
  • Provide a major update every 30-45 days.
  • Provide minor updates (bug fixes, minor tasks, text corrections) every 7-14 days.
As a note, Patreon only covers 3-5% of our current development costs (CGs and BGs, sprites, writing and editing).

Our current, rough estimate is that we'd need 500 Patrons to:
  • Meet our current expenses.
  • Speed up development time (more Patrons / budget = faster development).
  • Implement new features (more events, new sprites, more animation).

That will be all for now. Thank you for reading, and please remember to leave your thoughts / feedback below!

If you'd like to keep in touch with our team or provide feedback on the game, you can join our Discord server using this link: http://discord.gg/MG7w6CNMuh!

Where to support us?
https://www.patreon.com/myrunawaygirl

Shifi & Team

RachelMejia

#5 Post by RachelMejia »

I like it. I like it. I'm delighted I came across your post since I was looking for a website that offered essay examples for my spamming the forum like a silly person assignment online. I'm glad I did because it allowed me to finish my essay. If you're looking for the greatest essay example for your spamming the forum like a silly person, click site. Over here you will find a lot of essay samples and you can read them for free. I also use that website to read essay samples for free.