A Lily from the Lightless Water [BxG] [Romance] [Supernatural]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column Demo, Memory Mage
Projects: The Silent Column, A Lily from the Lightless Water, A Castle on an Island
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

A Lily from the Lightless Water [BxG] [Romance] [Supernatural]

#1 Post by SelLi »

Hello, everyone.
The story of A Lily from the Lightless Water is a love story between our main character, Ron, and a plant girl he names Leafil, who he finds one day while trying to get back home through a very dark and thick patch of fog, on the waters of the nearby bay. The two of them grow close... and Leafil learns about humanity as she spends time with Ron and a few of his friends that arrive for a small Halloween party.

I was planning that this visual novel would have a demo, consisting of the first ~19k words of the game, and I planned that the demo would be released around Halloween, since that part of the story also takes place around Halloween. However, after (thankfully) getting a full time job, there's now much less time to work on the visual novel, between working the job and resting. So, I won't be releasing anything around Halloween. I won't even be releasing a demo, in fact. I plan that the full game will be around 80k~100k words, so I think I'll just work on the project in its entirety and release it when it's fully done, whenever that may end up being.

Take care, everyone. :)
Last edited by SelLi on Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Silent Column, A Lily from the Lightless Water, A Castle on an Island

Re: A Lily from the Lightless Water (Demo) [BxG] [Romance] [Supernatural] [Halloween]

#2 Post by SelLi »

Leafil

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: A Lily from the Lightless Water (Demo) [BxG] [Romance] [Supernatural] [Halloween]

#3 Post by SelLi »

I just made a schedule to help me get this done by Halloween! :)
Also, I completed a background of Ron's boat on the water.
Because the writing for the demo is finished, I figured out the other assets I'm going to do!
So far I have:
3/20 Base images done. (Base images don't account for different expressions on characters or different times of day or other small changes like that.)
0/7 Songs done. (The number of songs may shrink.)
Right now I'm planning on doing 4 base pictures a week, while working on some character expressions throughout each week. Then, when that's all done, I'll try to do 2 songs a week. :) It should end up neatly wrapped up by Halloween.
I didn't set time aside to make a custom GUI - I'll probably end up using a default GUI for the 19k-word demo. I wanted the schedule to have an achievable, steady pace.
I just thought I'd update you guys on what's going on! ^_^
Here's a picture of Leafil in Ron's boat. :heart:
Take care, you guys. :heart:

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by SelLi »

I made a bedroom. ^^

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by SelLi »

Hi there everyone. :) I just thought I'd let you know that I did some light editing to some of the text and I also did quite a few facial expressions for Leafil, as well as a CG! It's nice seeing progress being made. I also did storm clouds and fog.

Just so everyone's aware, the game has artistic nudity in it, as well as mature themes, but it isn't strictly 18+. For example, when Ron first meets Leafil, she's naked because she's a plant person and simply doesn't have any clothes. I don't draw any nipples or genitalia on her, but it's clear that she's naked. So... the game is "borderline"? I don't know. :oops:

The CG I made features Leafil when she's naked, so I'm thinking I may not share it here...? (It also has some blood.) Regardless, the game is progressing well. ^^
This week I'll do more facial expressions for Leafil as well as draw some more backgrounds and maybe a new CG!
(I don't strictly need to make a CG of Ron dressing Leafil for the first time, but I think it would be cute! So I might do it.)
Here are some storm pictures for you!

And, after some thought, I do want to show you the CG of Leafil. If I'm breaking any rules, feel free to warn me or take the image down.

See you next time...! :heart:

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

Re: A Lily from the Lightless Water [BxG] [Romance] [Supernatural]

#6 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Great seeing how the game is progressing! I definitely don't think your CG is breaking any Lemma Soft rules. I might be wrong, since I'm def no pro, but I think you're good to go. Best of luck on the game! Thanks for the updates and awesome job
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by SelLi »

SupersizeMyHeart wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:32 am Great seeing how the game is progressing! I definitely don't think your CG is breaking any Lemma Soft rules. I might be wrong, since I'm def no pro, but I think you're good to go. Best of luck on the game! Thanks for the updates and awesome job
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it!

I do have another update but it's a bit of a mixed one:

I may not be able to make the Halloween deadline (for the demo, that is) because of a few things going on in my life right now: I'm going to be starting my first full time job soon, my laptop is old and could give out any day and, if/when it does give out, it may take a little time to save up for a new computer to continue working on the VN.
It won't take long to save up for another laptop, mind you! My needs are few and I don't need a high-end one. I'm just letting you know it's possible that, if my computer suddenly gives out today or tomorrow, it may take a few weeks to get a new laptop and, at that point, it would be a fair way into October and I may be unable to make the Halloween deadline under those circumstances.
(Also, as seems to often be the case with laptops, my computer's screen is simply on the verge of breaking. The actual machine seems to be working fine. So, I'll easily be able to retrieve all of my files if I hook my laptop up to the TV for a moment and get them onto a memory stick.)
Hopefully things will go well, though! As of posting, my screen is still working most of the time and, if it continues to work until I get my new laptop, then things will probably just continue to go smoothly. :)

That's it for now, see you next time! Happy October 1st! ^^ :heart:

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by SelLi »

Will you join us for a movie?

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by SelLi »

Hi everyone, just thought I'd give you an update. There's been a positive, unexpected development: My laptop's screen did die, as expected, but my brother had an old laptop he wasn't using and he's lending it to me until I save up for a new one. :) So far, it's surving my purposes well. It's old but runs Fire Alpaca well and my tablet works well with it, so I thought I'd share the good news! ^^ I was worried I wouldn't be able to work on the project for a few weeks - I'm glad that isn't an issue! Take care, everyone. :heart:

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by SelLi »

Hi everyone ^^ just giving you a little update.
It turns out I underestimated just how much a full time job would take out of me during the work week. A lot of the time these days I'm just tired after work and rest. I also don't want to work on Sunday for religious reasons, so I haven't been working on the project very much. As I get used to working this job I might have more energy after my shifts, but yeah. I just thought I'd let you know what's going on. I am still working on the project and will finish it. :) That has never been in dispute. I just may not end up releasing the demo by Halloween like I was wanting to. I hope you guys understand.
Anyway, take care! ^^ :heart:

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by SelLi »

Hi everyone. :) I was planning that this visual novel would have a demo, consisting of the first ~19k words of the game, and I planned that the demo would be released around Halloween, since that part of the story also takes place around Halloween. However, after (thankfully) getting a full time job, there's now much less time to work on the visual novel, between working the job and resting. So, I won't be releasing anything around Halloween. I won't even be releasing a demo, in fact. I plan that the full game will be around 80k~100k words, so I think I'll just work on the project in its entirety and release it when it's fully done, whenever that may end up being.

Take care, everyone. :)