AI generated VN – first experiences!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
thelastsecret
Regular
Completed: The Last Secret
Projects: Sweet Science – The Girls from Silversee Castle
itch: thelastsecret
Discord: TheLastSecret #5266

AI generated VN – first experiences!

#1 Post by thelastsecret »

My next visual novel will be generated with the help of AI.
Technology has advanced rapidly in recent months and so I tried a bit whether this is feasible now – and yes, it is, but with some surprising quirks!
The demo for the VN is in preparation, and I will post regularly about this development. I will be as open as possible about what works and what doesn't, since I think this is an interesting experiment for many people – developers, but also those who are just interested in the possibilities and limits of AI generated art.
I cannot regularly update my progress at too many places in the web, so here are some links how to follow:
– The best way to follow up is this: I will send regular updates (approximately once per week) to my mailing list: tinyurl.com/TheLastSecret
– If you don't trust me on giving me your email address or want to catch up on what I have posted already, then check out this page: https://the-last-secret.mozellosite.com/news/
– You can also follow me on Twitter for short news, but don't expect to get the full story there... it's <280 characters there, you know... ;)
As a teaser, here are some pictures that I have generated so far. They are all AI generated and then improved manually. I am not an artist, but the pics are definitely nice, so you see the amazing potential here at once. (And talking about the pitfalls I will leave to my news...)

vorgbardo
Regular
Projects: Head Case

Re: AI generated VN – first experiences!

#2 Post by vorgbardo »

This is a very interesting topic, and I'd like to follow the news posts, but unfortunately the web site is currently unreadable. Text cropping does not work correctly (my guess would be this is due to overlong code example lines breaking the layout), and as a result the white text spreads out to the area with white background on the right (see example image below).

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

thelastsecret
Regular
Completed: The Last Secret
Projects: Sweet Science – The Girls from Silversee Castle
itch: thelastsecret
Discord: TheLastSecret #5266

Re: AI generated VN – first experiences!

#3 Post by thelastsecret »

Thank you very much for pointing that out! I think I solved the glitch now. Unfortunately, on my computer the bug never showed, so it is likely browser depending.