Japanese Battle - [Jrpg/Dungeon crawler] [Psychedelic Horror] - game that teaches you Japanese language

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
paranooo

Japanese Battle - [Jrpg/Dungeon crawler] [Psychedelic Horror] - game that teaches you Japanese language

#1 Post by paranooo »

The gameplay involves going to school for the lessons, completing tasks and tests, meeting new NPCs, doing quests, exploring the dungeons and using what you've learned in a fight.

In a normal jrpg you just choose a command like attack or spell, but here you'll also have to answer the question correctly to perform any attack.

Japanese language wise the game will cover all the topics, grammar, vocabulary, kanji and radicals from beginner levels (N5-N4) through the intermediate (N3), upper-intermediate (N2) and advanced (N1). It will also be updated with additional extra lessons with slang, onomatopoeia (giongo gitaigo), dialects, cultural notes and more.

Platforms: linux,android,macos,windows.

What I would like to ask the guidance for is:

- is it possible to post the game on steam chapter by chapter?

- what i need to be careful of when structuring the game so that the updates won't break anything?

- how can i possibly gain enough support on patreon with this project so that the game itself stays free for everyone, while i'm not starving to death?)

- just any general feedback, words of encouregment, critique are welcome!

I can't express how grateful I am for Renpy and RenpyTom's work, and the community which helped along the way, Renpy's community is the best! RenpyTom you're the GOAT! I'm overwhelmed with how much you can do with renpy and how nice it feels to work with it.

Thanks everyone for the attention!