WIP Shugojin! GxB [New DEMO! 4/13]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Miss-Mae
Regular
Projects: Waiting on Love
Organization: Kinki Skiddles Productions

Re: WIP Shugojin! GxB [DEMO now available]

#91 Post by Miss-Mae »

I just played through your demo. OMG! You're so mean to leave it like that.... ;o; But I must say, I'm definitely enjoying it! Great artwork and the story is interesting so far. I really enjoyed it. :D
Come visit me, if you like, at: http://www.miss-mae.deviantart.com / http://www.kinki-skiddles-games.deviantart.com <3 or on my NEW game making blog, which you can find here: http://kinki-skiddles.tumblr.com/ <3

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#92 Post by Elenakiara »

I just finished the demo!! xDD I was kind of sad that we didn't see Seto yet! Dx
Unless that's him in the scene right after! xDD
It really made me impatient as I wait for the rest! D: I believe that the current music is well put, as it gives a kind of mystical/magical feeling about it! :3
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

Vynuxys
Regular

#93 Post by Vynuxys »

I just played it and... I wasn't that impressed ;o;
The story felt a bit rushed and Aiko didn't seem to be a very well-developed character, to be honest. Her reactions were a bit weird (Why am I here? Oh she's in danger of dying? Ah, kay, let's move on. - Not very convienient, I would panic for a long time if I got sent to some crazy new world! XD), and I really suggest you guys get proofreaders, at least two, to spicy up the text, which was blant and a lot of punctuation was missing, which could've created nice effects. If anything, I'd be willing to help out with proofreading.

Still, the artwork was overly impressive. I suggest a more interaction-friendly main menu though, so that when you hover over something, it changes colour or something like that c:
That's all. Keep on working guys, I really believe you can improve c8

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#94 Post by Snowflower »

Vynuxys wrote:I just played it and... I wasn't that impressed ;o;
The story felt a bit rushed and Aiko didn't seem to be a very well-developed character, to be honest. Her reactions were a bit weird (Why am I here? Oh she's in danger of dying? Ah, kay, let's move on. - Not very convienient, I would panic for a long time if I got sent to some crazy new world! XD), and I really suggest you guys get proofreaders, at least two, to spicy up the text, which was blant and a lot of punctuation was missing, which could've created nice effects. If anything, I'd be willing to help out with proofreading.

Still, the artwork was overly impressive. I suggest a more interaction-friendly main menu though, so that when you hover over something, it changes colour or something like that c:
That's all. Keep on working guys, I really believe you can improve c8
Majority of the suggestions you have made has been fixed on the current script I have :)
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#95 Post by Snowflower »

Current Progress is as followed.

The game contains 1,028 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 8,311 words,
for an average of 8.1 words per screen.
The game contains 9 menus.
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube

ziaziany
Regular

#96 Post by ziaziany »

I think I have good feedback about the art and character design, I really thank you for all support,I appreciate all feedback and suggestions.

As I want to say thank you, so I want to show some of my drawing for game development and some I draw in my free time.
I hope you will enjoy it. ^_^

-------

I thinking of drawing Seto's neck when draw this pic since I never happen to draw it in the game lol.

I have a dog at home and I do love it very much, as you know from his porfile that Ren love dogs, I drew him with a dog when thinking of my dog.

Akatsuki sure lonely since he lost his only sister,maybe he's thinking of her in this pic.

If you like or dislike this you can tell me,because I will consider about next time I should post it more or less.
Any feedback really encourage me to move on. <3

Please don't use these pics without my permission or claim it to be yours.I'm quite sure you all good people but I only say it in case since some cases did happen to me before this project.

Thank you for watching <3
Call me "Zia"

English isn't my first language ,so I'm sorry if I said some non-understandable stuff ''| OTZ
My Deviant ID http://crezia.deviantart.com

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#97 Post by SilverxBlue »

I definitely like them.
I haven't played the demo yet since, I don't like downloading and playing demos (for some reason they make me less patient when waiting for the actual whole game.)
They all look so great especially Akatsuki...
Too bad the image of the dog wasn't clearly seen, it could have made Ren more adorable than he usually is.
Keep up the great work. :D
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#98 Post by Riviera »

Those pictures are wonderful, zia! Are they character practice, or will they show up ingame? I'm kind of hoping to see them as bonus content :D
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

ziaziany
Regular

#99 Post by ziaziany »

@SilverxBlue
Thank you very much

@Riviera
It's personal practice.But some of them may show up in game if I or Snowflower found the right time for it >____<,,
Not so sure about bonus content in game,umm,but I still can post it here,though.
And thank you very much.XD
Call me "Zia"

English isn't my first language ,so I'm sorry if I said some non-understandable stuff ''| OTZ

Miss-Mae
Regular
Projects: Waiting on Love
Organization: Kinki Skiddles Productions

#100 Post by Miss-Mae »

Oh man, nice sketches! I absolutely love your art! *0* <3
Come visit me, if you like, at: http://www.miss-mae.deviantart.com / http://www.kinki-skiddles-games.deviantart.com <3 or on my NEW game making blog, which you can find here: http://kinki-skiddles.tumblr.com/ <3

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#101 Post by Snowflower »

Hello everyone,
I would like to ask you to post any kinds of concern or questions regarding the game here. I want to clear up any kinds of confusion. Even if it's just simple one aspect about the game.

Almighty
Projects: The Biz (WIP)

#102 Post by Almighty »

Snowflower wrote:Hello everyone,
I would like to ask you to post any kinds of concern or questions regarding the game here. I want to clear up any kinds of confusion. Even if it's just simple one aspect about the game.

Very interesting storyline. Looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.

One problem I had with the windows version was.....

IOError: Couldn't find file 'gallery_locked.png'.
Attachments
traceback.txt
File to help you fix. Just looks like a simply directory problem
(2.22 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Æ£

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#103 Post by Snowflower »

Almighty wrote:
Snowflower wrote:Hello everyone,

Very interesting storyline. Looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.

One problem I had with the windows version was.....

IOError: Couldn't find file 'gallery_locked.png'.
I have not completely finished the CG Gallery due to the fact that there are only two CG scenes in the game in the demo, but the gallery will be up and running when the full game is released.

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#104 Post by Snowflower »

Hi y'all, I thought I should go ahead and upload my progress on the first page. New WIP screenshots have been uploaded as well as the progress chart. XD
teehee

ziaziany
Regular

#105 Post by ziaziany »

Snowflower wrote:Hi y'all, I thought I should go ahead and upload my progress on the first page. New WIP screenshots have been uploaded as well as the progress chart. XD
teehee
Hey,wait
I just saw the screenshot and, did you forgot something like change Aiko's sprite into Yuki's sprite in the scene with Daisuke and Ren,Huhhhh???????
Call me "Zia"