Errant Heart - Kickstarter update

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
@berration
Regular
Projects: EH...

Re: Errant Heart - No more beta, but 11/5/12 update

#31 Post by @berration »

Voight-Kampff wrote:
PyTom wrote:Any chance you can make a screencast of the text appearing? It's hard to judge based on just this screenshot.
I'll have to leave that to @berration. Right now, he's the keeper of the current build, and the only one who can post an animated sample. Although, I can provide a basic description of how the system works.
Here's what it currently looks like in action:
http://errantheart.net/Errant_Heart_NVL_Sample_2.m4v

You'll have to excuse the watermarks and the weird skipping at the end of the video...I'm still trying to find a good way to capture video samples, and this is pretty much the best I have at the moment.

Voight-Kampff
Veteran

Re: Errant Heart - Kickstarter update

#32 Post by Voight-Kampff »

So, we launched a Kickstarter for the project. Assuming it succeeds, the game should be done in short order. In theory. Then again, in theory, Communisim works...in theory.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/851 ... sual-novel

Voight-Kampff
Veteran

#33 Post by Voight-Kampff »

And for those who might be really big into this new-fangled Facebook craze, we went ahead and created a Facebook account. We hope to use it to help spread awareness of Errant Heart and the Kickstarter. It'll be filled with sample and development images and such as the days wear on. I mean, it may as well provide people with a nice resource to browse through in exchange for their "likes" and other assistance.

Errant Heart on Facebook

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#34 Post by DaFool »

Hmmm, why is this filed under Ideas section? It sure looks almost complete.

Voight-Kampff
Veteran

#35 Post by Voight-Kampff »

DaFool wrote:Hmmm, why is this filed under Ideas section? It sure looks almost complete.
An artifact from days gone by. This section has transmogrified itself from the olden-timey "works in progress" forum to a sort of quasi-archived and "ideas" forum.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#36 Post by PyTom »

To elaborate - originally, WIPs and Ideas were mixed together. We move threads that were active from WIPs to ideas, but we left less-active threads alone until we notice them.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

@berration
Regular

#37 Post by @berration »

I'm not someone who does a lot of blogging (I pretty much didn't do any while working on VVH), but I've finally gotten around to writing a little more for Errant Heart. The latest post might interest anyone who's ever wondered just what I do for EH when I'm not working on artwork (mostly the end results of my dabblings in RenPy code to make it easier for us to keep EH looking as interesting as possible).

==> Errant Heart Dev Blog

Voight-Kampff
Veteran

#38 Post by Voight-Kampff »

Just wanted to mention that thanks to the efforts of our composer, looks like Errant Heart has received a little bit of coverage on Destructoid.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#39 Post by Obscura »

Woah! Looks like you're over halfway there!

One suggestion for an additional reward...is there anyway that Errant Heart ties in with Van Von Hunter? I was thinking you can offer the .pdf as part of a reward, but I guess if these are two completely separate projects, it might not make sense.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

@berration
Regular

#40 Post by @berration »

Obscura wrote:Woah! Looks like you're over halfway there!
Yeah, it's slowly creeping forward. We got a nice boost from the Shovel Knight creators, thanks to our composer, Jake Kaufman. Jake wants to use some real musicians and instruments in the score, and part of the reason for the Kickstarter (not to mention one of our stretch goals) is to make that possible. I highly recommend checking out some of his music to anyone who might be interested:
http://www.biglionmusic.com/demo/

I've always felt that music is every bit as important as the artwork, so it'd be great if we can make it as good as possible.
Obscura wrote:One suggestion for an additional reward...is there anyway that Errant Heart ties in with Van Von Hunter? I was thinking you can offer the .pdf as part of a reward, but I guess if these are two completely separate projects, it might not make sense.
Van Van Hunter was just ridiculous parody, whereas Errant Heart takes itself a bit more seriously; There's no connection between the two at all, aside from the people creating it.

Much as it might be interesting to see if PDFs of the books would make a good incentive, I believe Tokyopop still has exclusive distribution rights (and they're still selling the books via Right Stuf).

Thanks for the suggestion, though! Ideas on how to reach more people, or make the Kickstarter more enticing, are always welcome. :D

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by philip »

Just stumbled across this thread, had been watching the original one, and it appeared that nothing was happening. Having found this, I downloaded the new beta and went through it. Glad to see that the project is alive and well and that progress is being made. Very interesting, and I am hooked - will anxiously await future releases!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Voight-Kampff
Veteran

#43 Post by Voight-Kampff »

philip wrote:Just stumbled across this thread, had been watching the original one, and it appeared that nothing was happening. Having found this, I downloaded the new beta and went through it. Glad to see that the project is alive and well and that progress is being made. Very interesting, and I am hooked - will anxiously await future releases!

philip
Glad you're interested.

Surprisingly, completing something so ambitious with only spare free time is taking longer than expected. Whoda thunk it? Eh, but if it's not ridiculously ambitious and over-the-top, it just wouldn't interest us. :lol:

Anyway, if anyone is interested, here's a little tease in regards to some of the event CGs we're working on...
Attachments
Event_CGs.jpg

Voight-Kampff
Veteran

#44 Post by Voight-Kampff »

Just a quick note, we're really interested in getting some new beta testers if anyone at LSF wants to give the latest build a try.