Beating Hearts (Fantasy) (DEMO)

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
TigerAlpaca
Projects: Beating Hearts
Deviantart: TigerAlpaca

Beating Hearts (Fantasy) (DEMO)

#1 Post by TigerAlpaca » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:50 pm

All sprites are placeholders- even the backgrounds.
As this is still in development and a demo- It stops abruptly. You can get near the end of Act One- but currently no further. And there will be bugs.
Many bugs.

In future updates, I plan to add music- but my collaborator is otherwise occupied currently.

Any reviews are appreciated- I don't care how harsh the reviews are. Keep in mind that there is no ending yet- this has been in development for 5 months now, and I want people to test it.

More builds are being made.

In the finished thing there'll be the false endings and the true ending. The release date for the finished game is 25th December 2020- but it may be finished before then.
BeatingHearts-2.0-pc.zip
WINDOWS/LINUX DEMO
(46.59 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
BeatingHearts-2.0-mac.zip
MAC DEMO
(29.27 MiB) Downloaded 2 times

MaliGarnet

Re: Beating Hearts (Fantasy) (DEMO)

#2 Post by MaliGarnet » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:29 pm

I tried it and am not even sure if I managed to get to the intended end, since a bug stopped me on both decisions.
Generally, the idea of "school with people that have magical powers" is always a good one, but you're rushing it waaaay too much. That also makes the character interactions rather weird, since "I" seem to hate Lewis after three sentences, then bump into him and have him completely snap at me, just to have us in a romantic interaction seconds later. If you want your story to flow well, you will have to lengthen it a LOT. (I'm sorry for being a bit harsh here, but you said that's fine)
Personal preference, just for you to know that other might have the same problem: I hate it when I'm given the option to decline something, just for the story to force me into it after all. It feels like a useless decision.

TigerAlpaca
Projects: Beating Hearts
Deviantart: TigerAlpaca

Re: Beating Hearts (Fantasy) (DEMO)

#3 Post by TigerAlpaca » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:01 am

MaliGarnet wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:29 pm
I tried it and am not even sure if I managed to get to the intended end, since a bug stopped me on both decisions.
Generally, the idea of "school with people that have magical powers" is always a good one, but you're rushing it waaaay too much. That also makes the character interactions rather weird, since "I" seem to hate Lewis after three sentences, then bump into him and have him completely snap at me, just to have us in a romantic interaction seconds later. If you want your story to flow well, you will have to lengthen it a LOT. (I'm sorry for being a bit harsh here, but you said that's fine)
Personal preference, just for you to know that other might have the same problem: I hate it when I'm given the option to decline something, just for the story to force me into it after all. It feels like a useless decision.
It's fine- thanks for the review. This kind of lost its way- I might remake it with a clearer path in mind. But yeah, I'm working on adding endings for now :D