BETA TEST: Valerie's Rest [Family_Friendly] [Heartwarming]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Plotline_Progenitor
Regular
Completed: A Weird Dream, Mysterious Fosters

BETA TEST: Valerie's Rest [Family_Friendly] [Heartwarming]

#1 Post by Plotline_Progenitor » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:39 pm

After a lot of work a small short visual novel is finally nearing completion, we are looking for people to do beta testing to try and make sure there are as few little problems as possible for the release, I would appreciate anyone willing to help out if you could bring to my attention issues or bugs you can find

That said there are a few small sound issues with the voice acting, it's been quite difficult to get a hold of certain people let alone receive a suitable re-record from them, so unfortunately, I just don't think it will be possible for me to fix them and I will probably have to release even with these issues

It's also worth noting that Ren'Py has been updated since this project began so there may be some issues that arise from use of an old version.

Thank you for taking the time reading this thread, and I hope you enjoy the beta of "Valerie's Rest: Scripts and Dreams"

Download links: Windows / Macintosh

Project description:
"In the peaceful little town of Valerie's Rest people lived a simple life. Despite the advances in technology people would still write letters, picnics were common on the weekends, and people thought of strangers as friends they hadn't met yet"

"But the people of Valerie's rest would tell strange stories now and then about a kindhearted young lady accompanied by a talking bird, some would even claim the girl herself had wings"

"As it turns out... they weren't just stories"

Valerie's rest is a very short kinetic novel about a few people in a small town who encounter an angel girl who helps them with some kind of problem that they face. It's meant to be a short sweet family friendly story that leaves you feeling good inside.

The first story "Scripts & Dreams" may be only the first in a series of free short visual novels.

This particular story is about the efforts of Meilu (the angel) to help a young man retrieve a script from the all girl high school his sweetheart used to attend which they worked on together, along the way she befriends and restores the confidence of a young girl to submit her script to the same contest they did all those years ago.

Characters:
The man in plaid:
Thread Man in plaid.png
Thread Man in plaid.png (18.24 KiB) Viewed 112 times
A sensitive and somewhat awkward man who returned briefly to his hometown of Valerie's Rest in search of a script he and his sweet-heart wrote for a contest when they were in the early years of high school

Meilu:
Thread Meilu.png
Thread Meilu.png (31.99 KiB) Viewed 112 times
A blonde girl who just so happens to be sitting nearby when the man in plaid encounters difficulties in finding the script. Kind and helpful though lacking a little common sense she volunteers to help him out, revealing herself to be an angel in the process unaware that there's anything unusual about this

Seanan
Dove Passive.png
Dove Passive.png (10.38 KiB) Viewed 112 times
A talking dove who serves as Meilu's more level headed companion. Despite being a bird he seems much more informed on the workings of the human world than the angel girl he follows

Misaki:
Thread Misaki.png
Thread Misaki.png (19.22 KiB) Viewed 112 times
A cunning and somewhat egotistical student council girl who decides to use Meilu to solve a problem of her own in exchange for the script in question, a little bit of a smart-ass and sometimes engages in mind games with people

Yume:
Thread Yume.png
Thread Yume.png (16.39 KiB) Viewed 112 times
A creative but somewhat shy and anxious young girl who is losing confidence in herself worrying that she is being too childish for writing fairy tales at her age

philip
Veteran

Re: BETA TEST: Valerie's Rest [Family_Friendly] [Heartwarming]

#2 Post by philip » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:56 pm

A very nice little "feel-good" story; I enjoyed it. Good job!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Godline
Veteran
Completed: Wanted: Dragon, Kaitlyn in Chinaland, The Encounter, Paranormal Teens
Projects: The Sibling Experiment
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Re: BETA TEST: Valerie's Rest [Family_Friendly] [Heartwarming]

#3 Post by Godline » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:09 pm

I forgot that I played this too!
It was adorable! Loved the voice acting.

(Message me if you want some simple but effective changes with the GUI or if you want a Google Play build.)