Yuki Academy [GxG][GxB]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Sehaf
Regular
Projects: Demon Lord & Yuki Academy
Deviantart: Sehad

Yuki Academy [GxG][GxB]

#1 Post by Sehaf »

Title: Yuki Academy
Genre: Romance/Drama/Horror/Gothic
Rating: PG and 18+ (Two versions will be made)
Length: Long
Endings: 10+
POV: First person

ImageImageImageImageImage

The main character, Hime Bathory is the Vampire princess of the "Netherworld".
When she gets her fortune told, she had been hoping for a simple and good future.
But she learns that she is marked with a curse that will take her life.
To break the curse, she leaves for another world called Earth where she has to find true love or die by the next red moon.

Progress:
-Done:
--Prologue
--Day One
-in work:
--Day Two (40%)

Hime Bathory: The main heroine and heir to the throne. She have never really needed to do anything herself and have very little compassion for other beings then her self.

Chizuru Minato: Chizuru is Hime's Homeroom teacher. It is her second year in Yuki Academy and first year as homeroom teacher. Some students really like her for her easygoing nature, but some students don't like her much for some unknown reasons.

Kanna Azai: Kanna is the only daughter of a very rich man who actually is a vampire, who was kicked out of the Vampire community after he was accused of treason. Because of this he was boycotted from the society. He fled from "The Netherworld" with his family and started living in Japan. Kanna is a really arrogant girl and likes to think that no one is superior to her. She is also the school topper because of her inhumanly excellence.

Yuu: N/A

Aoi: Aoi is a very reserved person and wouldn't actively take part in a conversation if she can help it... She has a really kind heart and she can't see anyone in pain... She has a secret pet rabbit named Kuru which she keeps hidden in a bush in the School grounds...

Shiroi Kimura: Shiroi is the badminton captain of Yuki Academy. She is a pleasant girl to talk too who doesn't know that her death is fast approaching, because of cancer.

Neki "Neku" Kuwagata: Neki is a junior to Hime... He is a pleasant enough lad to talk to but sometimes quite reckless... He doesn't like to owe anybody anything and will go to any length to ensure that he is even with the person who had helped him...
He has a dog named Rika in his home... which actually is just a couple of miles away from Yuki Academy...

Kyousuke Kazuyo: Kyuosuke is the senior who has been in a steady relationship with Kanna for around four or so months... He is an average student in studies and is known for his flirting attitude...

Akira Eji: A mysterious individual, and sometimes also tagged as half retarded... He likes to keep to himself, but he is not exactly reserved... He does not have a trustworthy friend because of his attitude...

~:; More Character bios to come later on ;:~

Second Demo is done! This is the complete day one and Prologue, There are about 10 choices.
This is to give Taste to anyone who is interested in this project and show that we are going strong still.
Still hope for more people to join!

Next on the list will be:

Better looking Map
More text (Of course)
Animated characters
Better Menus

Windows: http://www.bluepipestudio.com/yukiacade ... -win32.zip
Mac: http://www.bluepipestudio.com/yukiacade ... .1-mac.zip
Linux: http://www.bluepipestudio.com/yukiacade ... 86.tar.bz2

Me, Mr.404 (Art, Programmer, Sound)
DragoonHP (Writer)
SilverxBlue (Co-Writer/Proof reader)
platonicheart (Proof reader)
I'm a GameMaker!
My Portfolio: http://www.bluepipestudio.com

Thyroid
Projects: Project White
Organization: Divulge

Re: Yuki Academy [GxG][GxB]

#2 Post by Thyroid »

I am loving the moody Netherworld backgrounds. The Earth backgrounds could use more polish, and there are various spelling & grammar errors. Hime's imperious and vain personality comes across well. A little more backstory about the Netherworld would make the implications of the curse more understandable. Was not expecting that behavior out of Kanna in the last seen. I foresee some enjoyable conflict between her and Hime.

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by SusanTheCat »

Love the artwork.

I used the "Quit" option in the quick menu and I got an error:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

NameError: name 'main_menu' is not defined

While running game code:
 - script at line 174 of C:\Users\Mattias\Desktop\Dating Sim\Yuki Academy - Demo/game/proulog.rpy
 - script at line 32 of renpy-6.11.2/common/00menus.rpy
 - python at line 32 of renpy-6.11.2/common/00menus.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 270, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\main.py", line 310, in main
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 259, in run
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 347, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\exports.py", line 569, in say
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\character.py", line 679, in __call__
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\character.py", line 634, in do_display
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\character.py", line 450, in display_say
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\ui.py", line 216, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 1608, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 2156, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\display\layout.py", line 666, in event
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\display\layout.py", line 666, in event
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 573, in event
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 187, in run
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\curry.py", line 38, in __call__
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\game.py", line 297, in call_in_new_context
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 259, in run
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 1301, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\python.py", line 994, in py_eval
  File "renpy-6.11.2/common/00menus.rpy", line 32, in <module>
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy/common/_layout/imagemap_yesno_prompt.rpym", line 33, in yesno_prompt
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy/common/_layout/imagemap_common.rpym", line 55, in __init__
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Yuki Academy - Demo-win32\renpy\python.py", line 994, in py_eval
  File "<none>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'main_menu' is not defined

While running game code:
 - script at line 174 of C:\Users\Mattias\Desktop\Dating Sim\Yuki Academy - Demo/game/proulog.rpy
 - script at line 32 of renpy-6.11.2/common/00menus.rpy
 - python at line 32 of renpy-6.11.2/common/00menus.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.11.2b
Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

#4 Post by DragoonHP »

Thanks for pointing that out... :-)

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#5 Post by distorsion »

I'm really looking forward to this game!
I like that Hime is a bit of an 'Ice Queen'. (Ok, yeah, more like a total 'Ice Queen'. ^.^')
Last edited by distorsion on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

#6 Post by DragoonHP »

Thanks.
We are currently working on a complete script re-write but a new demo should be up soon.

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#7 Post by KissOfDeath »

I've been watching this thread for a little while now, and I'm just wondering how's the progress on it been? I haven't seen any new updates so...?
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

Sehaf
Regular
Projects: Demon Lord & Yuki Academy
Deviantart: Sehad

#8 Post by Sehaf »

So, in case people still follow this thread. No progress other then the demo that was created. All people that where invited to the project left it one way or another. And I did not have the writing skill to make this project come even close to alive at the time, and as things stands, I have other projects closer to hart then to continue where I left off. However I will most likely finish one day. Just don't know when.
I'm a GameMaker!
My Portfolio: http://www.bluepipestudio.com