Loren Amazon Princess beta demo [RPG, all combos]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
applegirl
Veteran

Re: Loren Amazon Princess beta demo [RPG, all combos]

#46 Post by applegirl »

I finished playing through version 0.93a (male Saren-Loren romance) and I have to say...wow.

What an ending. What a game...I am stunned. Everything was done exceptionally well. The writing, the story, the twists, and gameplay are all top notch. I know I have a lot of replaying to do (have to get all the endings/achievements :)), but I had to leave this post and just congratulate you all on a fantastic game.

Epic game...it was worth every cent and more.

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#47 Post by distorsion »

applegirl wrote:I finished playing through version 0.93a (male Saren-Loren romance) and I have to say...wow.

What an ending. What a game...I am stunned. Everything was done exceptionally well. The writing, the story, the twists, and gameplay are all top notch. I know I have a lot of replaying to do (have to get all the endings/achievements :)), but I had to leave this post and just congratulate you all on a fantastic game.

Epic game...it was worth every cent and more.
Wait does this mean its out!? I can still only pre-order it... TxT
Last edited by distorsion on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#48 Post by jack_norton »

applegirl: thanks :) we've poured lots of hours into the game and I hoped was worth it!

To everyone, forgot to post here, version 0.93 is out. It's not yet the "final 1.0" because I think there might still be some well-hidden bug (on such HUGE games is easy to miss something) but the game story is complete (meaning you can play it from start to finish, all battles, all romances).

Download link: http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... G-0.93.zip
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#49 Post by distorsion »

Just finished playing the full game and I must say I loved it, especially all the different character developments and camp conversations (the ones with Draco and Dora were my favorites). ^__^
However, before making the final release I strongly recommend having your proofreader look over the entire thing once more, as I found several instances where the game refers to different characters as if they were members of their opposite gender.
ex: 'Elenor found himself' or 'Amukiki placed her hand on top of Elenor's'
Also, I sometimes found sentences where words were missing.
such as '...the most vulnerable she had seen in him' as opposed to 'most vulnerable expression' which I assume it was supposed to read
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

applegirl
Veteran

#50 Post by applegirl »

Jack, I was wondering if I could ask a question about one of the achievements. I've been busy getting them (and enjoying quite a lot of the game). But one achievement (Alone) has been bugging me a bit. I know it is ending the game without romance, but does that mean without obtaining 5 hearts for one character or not even going down that road at all? I realized that all my saves had at least one character with a heart/romance option, so I wasn't sure if I should start over or continue and avoid reaching the 5/5 romance.

Also, I was curious about the expansion after finishing the end (for the 3rd time, lol):
Since a time leap occurred after the hero/Karen/Loren sacrificed themselves, would the expansion pick one of the sacrificed as cannon and move on? I imagined Jul to be our new villain *caught me off guard in a good way :mrgreen:* and I know Mesphit and Chambara is going to be the new allies, so will this be a case like PS where our saved game can be imported?
I definitely understand if that can't be revealed yet due to spoiler issues, but just figured I could ask :)

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#51 Post by jack_norton »

distorsion: thanks for the typos, indeed we're now reviewing the plot for mistakes like that. With over 175,000 words is not an easy task :mrgreen:
applegirl: the expansion can be played together with the main game. I mean doesn't continue the story, it adds the 3 new characters and several new zones/enemies/quests, and you can play it when is out starting from chapter2. But the end of the story/final battle is still the same, of course you get also new romances and different epilogue endings though :)
computer games

awesomeautumn
Regular

#52 Post by awesomeautumn »

I just finished playing it! I loved it. This game is crazy good! I think my favorite character was Mesphit. Especially the last part he's in, it was so amazing! Rei was awesome, too. I romanced the crap outta him xD
I can't wait for the expansion. I'd love to play even more of this.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#53 Post by jack_norton »

Ok after a broken 0.95 version now I think should be ok (I tested from beginning):

http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... G-0.96.zip

This should be the final version unless some new big problems are found (but I hope not!). It has the full story with nothing missing.

The list of changes is:
- updated to new Ren'Py version which unfortunately means lost old savegames compatibility :( now the game should run better on netbooks though
- some new jealousy scenes if you date more than one character :)
- fixed Rally skill description
- fixes some alt-tab problems on some computers (netbooks mostly)
- you can use the L key to enable/disable the logging. By default is now disabled, since normally is not useful except for debugging
- the restart button now takes you back to the party setup, since I realized that in most cases if you fail a battle you might want also to try a different party setup
- a bug was fixed if you leveled up a character with 6 attributes to distribute and pressed "Reset" button
- fixed the Cure III non-working with some ailments
computer games

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#54 Post by PyTom »

jack_norton wrote: - updated to new Ren'Py version which unfortunately means lost old savegames compatibility :( now the game should run better on netbooks though
? What versions did you upgrade from and to? There shouldn't have been a savegame break recently.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#55 Post by jack_norton »

Ah well I think was from 6.13.12.1715 to 6.13.12.1728
I noticed when loading old saves, you would get this error:

Code: Select all

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Sarah\Desktop\Games\LorenRPG-all\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 296, in bootstrap
File "C:\Users\Sarah\Desktop\Games\LorenRPG-all\renpy\main.py", line 357, in main
File "C:\Users\Sarah\Desktop\Games\LorenRPG-all\renpy\main.py", line 98, in run
File "C:\Users\Sarah\Desktop\Games\LorenRPG-all\renpy\execution.py", line 279, in run
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'flag'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.13.12.1728
Loren The Amazon Princess 0.96
it happens on simple menu statement if I understood correctly!
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#56 Post by jack_norton »

I REALLY hope this will be the last beta :mrgreen:
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... G-0.97.zip
computer games

applegirl
Veteran

#57 Post by applegirl »

Hey, good luck Jack :) I'm really rooting for this one to knock it out of the park. Definitely deserves a lot of credit for having excellent gameplay/art/writing/story.

EDIT: Also, love the change to the end game battle :D Awesome surprise and was a lot of fun to play. Got nailed by a lot of jealousy scenes this time, haha.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#58 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks, should do the initial release (only on my site+newsletter) later today or worse case tomorrow :)
I've also added resurrect skill to Fost's helmet this time since many people asked for it!
computer games

aya001
Regular

#59 Post by aya001 »

Reading my mails I found the WW Newsletter and found out that Loren is out! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My questions before buying it, is how long the game is? (aprox.) And also I saw at the end there are three characters but that are for the expansion, you mean with that, that when you make the exp (when aprox.?) these three characters will be added, in this exp. you will use the same character with all the level, exp you have? etc.

Anyway thanks for another great game, and waiting to buy the game and meanwhile playing the demo! ^_^

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#60 Post by jack_norton »

Loren is the biggest game I ever made. Is more linear than Planet Stronghold, but has 175,000 words of text :shock: also a lot of replayability since each character has his own skilltree, there are different romances, and so on. So I really think length shouldn't really be a worry for this game!
The expansion adds those 3 characters recruitable starting from chapter 2 anytime you want, and also adds many new zones to explore and quests to solve (and enemies to beat).
computer games