Loren Amazon Princess beta demo [RPG, all combos]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
kersplode
Regular
Projects: Keep On Creepin' On

Re: Loren Amazon Princess beta demo [RPG, all combos]

#16 Post by kersplode »

oh, I ran into an error while in combat with the thugs in the inn! I tried rewinding it, so I feel as though this error log may be too long, but I'm not sure so I left it untouched. due to its length, I've added it as an attachment.
I believe I was trying to use a skill with loren at the time? something along the lines of battle cry...
Attachments
traceback.txt
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#17 Post by jack_norton »

No worries, that is already fixed in next version. My fault since I forgot to put a default description text for all effects :mrgreen:
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#18 Post by jack_norton »

For those who don't follow my blog/twitter, here's the latest version of the game:
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... G-0.86.zip

You can now complete chapter2, even if romances aren't implemented yet, but you should be able to see more of the story. I also rebalanced the game. For those playing at Easy mode, nothing will change much, but for those playing at Normal / Hard, the battles outcomes should be now more based on strategy and less on luck!! :mrgreen:
computer games

victorita9
Regular

#19 Post by victorita9 »

I was curious. Is there a going to be a guy who is uncovered as much as the women? Lot's of sprites that are women have their tits hanging on by a string, but the men wear cloths that cover themselves up, with the exception of one guy who's chest is shown. Is there going to be a guy whose penis is covered by a leaf?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#20 Post by jack_norton »

Well, not in the main game (I mean as main sprite) though Amukiki is very uncovered. In the romance scenes though, you'll see plenty of naked men, in front and... behind :mrgreen:
computer games

awesomeautumn
Regular

#21 Post by awesomeautumn »

Just wanted to say, I played the first demo and it's great so far. I ran into a few bugs, but I'll check if I run into anything in the new demo before making a big deal about it (Just started the new demo, and I'm already impressed :D). Though I must say, I'm a little disappointed at the lack of nearly naked men xD

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#22 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks, a new version (0.9) should be out this weekend which will change the gameplay quite a lot, making it more balanced. But if you play mainly for the story in Easy/Normal mode shouldn't make that much difference :)
There are plenty of naked men later in the story during the romances :mrgreen:
computer games

Stargirl18
Regular

#23 Post by Stargirl18 »

i really whant to try this demo, but how can i try this demo, when i cant go in your site

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#24 Post by jack_norton »

Today made a sort of fog/cloud for map locations that are still not available:
the map image is not final yet, though is nice already IMHO. This weekend I hope to have version 0.9 up (not 100% sure though).
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#25 Post by jack_norton »

The version 0.91 is out, forgot to update this thread. Download link:
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... G-0.91.zip

fixes several problems like alt-tab crash and some battle bugs. If you preorder you can play up to chapter3, just before the final chapter, otherwise please wait mid-April when the last chapter should be ready! 8)
computer games

applegirl
Veteran

#26 Post by applegirl »

I always had the policy of not buying a game before it was finished because I didn't want to go crazy with waiting. However, I finally broke down and bought Loren Amazon RPG :) So excited to be playing through it and loving the things I'm seeing so far. I'm terrible at finding bugs (I'm currently playing the 0.91 version) but perhaps that's a good thing?

Haha, it's amazing. I've been playing countless hours already and having a blast. I cannot wait for to play the ending (and the expansion pack for this and PS). Will that be soon? Not to rush you of course, but I just love playing your games :D

EDIT: Chambara is hilarious :) The gameplay is ridiculously addictive too. I'm such a slow player, as you probably guess.

EDIT #2: Gahh!! Expansion teasing is cruel, lol. Darn it, I was hopeful I could get Chambara and Mesphit in my party.

EDIT 3: That flower scene (:D)! So cute, I love the romances in this one. Not to mention such pretty art...

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#27 Post by Nellie »

Gah... So stressed with NaNo, I'll be beta ordering after NaNo is over to reward myself =) All these updates are just too tempting D=

applegirl
Veteran

#28 Post by applegirl »

Loving the game :)

I think I found an interesting bug. During the 3rd chapter, I was fighting orcs when my main character (male-Saren) was paralyzed. I doubled clicked on the enemy orc without realizing I was paralyzed and I was able to do a melee attack (which I had done earlier before getting paralyzed). But when I looked at the description for being paralyzed, that shouldn't have happened.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks :) About the paralyze bug, I think you downloaded an early 0.91 - if you can also melee attack with doubleclick enemies on second row (normally is not possible) means that you need to redownload the game, I changed how the skills are displayed in the 0.91 and introduced that bug (more like a cheat mode lol).
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#30 Post by jack_norton »

A quick note: after thinking about, in the next beta version (which will have the complete story) we're going to put a "covered up" version of Loren, Elenor and Myrth, since many female players said weren't even going to play the game because of that! And it would be a real pity because in Easy mode you can play the game almost as if it was a visual novel, and I believe it has a very nice story. So would be really bad if some people didn't even try the demo because of the art!

In practice it's just an option that is enabled by default but, for those who like it, can be turned off (so we're not replacing any art or anything).
computer games