Stigmata Stories Emotion Notion.<closed>

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
sare
Projects: Stigmata Stories:Emotion Notion

Stigmata Stories Emotion Notion.<closed>

#1 Post by sare »

[CLOSED]

Will be opened again when a new stable build is complete.

#######################################################

Please post your thoughts. Also, please leave the grammar attacks for now, as far as I can see, I have quite a lot of mistakes here and there, but as current build goes, I'd like more feedback on the art, storyline and the system.
Last edited by sare on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

Re: Stigmata Stories Emotion Notion.

#2 Post by DragoonHP »

It was pretty good and entertaining game.

A couple of things I noticed; you can't get out of the Options screen when you access it through Main Menu and when the game transists from one bg to another, the screen turns grey for some moments.

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by SusanTheCat »

Some nit-pics

At the beginning, the narrator talks about the encompassing whiteness -- but the background is grey! I think I white background would work well.

I was also confused by the ????? for people's names. My impression was that strangers were coming up to the main character and calling him names. The main character knows who these people are -- I think the name should be shown.

Maybe we player is a parasite in the main characters brain that the main charcter talks to, then having the ????? makes sense since we, the parasite, don't know that characters name. :) :)

If you want to go with the WTF factor of the comments, have the character off-screen for the initial comments since they are surprising the main character.

The writing could use some editing (as you pointed out)

AS I said, these are just nit-pics, You can keep it as is with no loss of quality. :)

An interesting beginning.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

sare

#4 Post by sare »

DragoonHP>>Yes, I've noticed it too. Because I used a combination of image buttons and image maps, the system does not flow very correctly. I think it would be better if I switched to complete image map menus, but I didn't have enough time. The assets are there, but I kept on failing to code it properly, hence the problem. Will be fixed.
The grey screen in the beginning is because the nvl window is overlaying the scene, so it was grey. I think it would be better if I replace the scene with cg scene, but then it'll spoil the story. Will figure a way around this.

SusanTheCat>> Abouut ???: Hm... I'm not really sure about that. The main character knows these people but the player don't, so I thought it was appropriate enough to reveal their name after the introduction. But maybe it <i>did</i> caused confusion to the player, so I'll find a way around that... somehow.

Thank you for your feedback!

Demo period is now closed.

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

Re: Stigmata Stories Emotion Notion.<closed>

#5 Post by DragoonHP »

The grey between the images persists throughtout the entire game...

sare

Re: Stigmata Stories Emotion Notion.<closed>

#6 Post by sare »

DragoonHP>>It's the same reason. Because I switch between nvl mode and adv mode throughout the game, those 'instantaneous grey' appears quite a lot. It seems it can be fixed by placing 'hide window' at every problematic areas. How should I put this, it's like the game hesitated whether to use adv mode or nvl mode between the lines.