Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Kizhusa

Re: Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

#16 Post by Kizhusa »

Beautiful and detailed art. When will the full version of the game be done? :)

Melinoe
Regular

#17 Post by Melinoe »

Did you just say "loves writing fanfiction"? :ecstasy: Everyone hates fanfiction writers but it's just SO FUN.

Dude, Seth has too much in common with me. It's freaking me out. (Well, he doesn't watch shojo, but it would be worrying if he did.) Okay, I realize he's just a stereotypical nerd... Which makes me a stereotype... BUT GOSHDARNIT FANFICTION! I totally love Seth now, though...

Devlin is cool, too. Like,
GANGFIGHT cool! lol thugs... I just find thugs funny.
Alden is beautiful. Just... beautiful. Though he's a little bit of a Gary-Stu, but it's not like you had time to flesh him out or anything...

And about people complaining that Iris is a little insane? I can actually completely relate to how she acts about Alden. (In retrospect, I live an increasingly depressing life.) Not that I facebook stalk! Not at all... heh heh. :mrgreen:

The thing is, I feel like if you're going to give the MC a personality, you shouldn't be able to name her. I mean, that's just my opinion, but I feel like naming has to do with the MC being the player. But the MC isn't the player, mainly because the MC isn't personified by choices, but has an actual personality. Just my two cents, anyway.

Seeeeeeetthhh... <3 :fangirls:
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like." Lemony Snicket, The Slippery Slope

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#18 Post by GlassHeart »

@Kizhusa
Thank you. I've been so busy at university that I haven't worked as much as I'd have liked, but hopefully the full version will come out this month. Hopefully.

@Melinoe
I'm glad you liked my characters. I wish I could write fan-fiction but since I haven't got the skills I'm making Seth do it for me. :lol:
Alden may seem perfect at first but he does have some flaws, some less obvious than others.

I think you have a point about the character's name. The thing is I have a friend who said she doesn't like the name Iris, so I thought I should let people change it. I did make it the default so if you want to have you own name you can, but it's already written so it's easier to just press enter. It's something people have come to expect and this way everyone gets what they want. ^^
Image Image

awesomeautumn
Regular

#19 Post by awesomeautumn »

I played the demo, and I can't wait for this to come out! Seth was my favorite character; I felt bad for annoying him with so much Alden, haha! But he's the kind of person I sort of want to bully. The introductory conversation is very amusing by the way, especially where Devlin is threatened with being fat, ugly, and gay. And just reacts like it's whatever. ANYWAY I enjoyed the demo and am dying from the place it was cut off at. (And I really like how you've put cell phones in the game. Especially Seth's name in it.) I'm replaying it to find out the rest of the scenes (Gosh, Devlin's a jerk) and I hope the full version comes out soon!

TakeOverWorld
Regular

#20 Post by TakeOverWorld »

I really liked this demo, it was fun! I like the characters as well, and the art is really good :D Although, to be honest, the mums sprite looks kinda weird, like she's standing awkwardly.
Anyways, looking forward to the full version :)

lilangelmamimi

#21 Post by lilangelmamimi »

<3 I can't wait till you finish! The demo was fun, i liked the characters, and you gave us a decent amount of choices. The art was great as well, except the cg vs sprite art changes were odd but forgivable. (Devlin was so mean! I wish Iris was strong enough to punch him.) The 'bottle breaking' was very funny. That's it. I'll be waiting to play more of your game!

Poketto Kunoichi
Regular

#22 Post by Poketto Kunoichi »

Hey!

I bet this game will be a hit when it comes out. The art is nice and has a unique quality to it, but it's mainly the GUI the sticks out primarily to me. :) From what I read, it piqued my curiosity and I wanted to play more, so mission accomplished if you wanted to create hyper for your game.

The only problem I had with the game was that I could not relate with the main character and her Shoujo-vision (I'm going to use that term from now on) initially, but I'm sure she'll develop and mature as the story progresses. If she starts off like the way she is and changes, it'd make the game better instead of having her static, so in a sense that may be a positive point too!

I am exactly like Seth in Cherri's description of him, so perhaps that's why I could not relate, heh. I'm definitely going to pursue him, though! ;D

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#23 Post by Nuxill »

I love how you've done the backgrounds! (Would it be too nosy of me to ask you how you made them? ) The character art is nice as well... ahh I could say everything in this game looks nice! You've achieved a nice level of polish with your work.
The demo was also a lot of fun to play; I'm quite fond of the main character's spunk. She knows what she wants and she's not afraid to go after it! :lol:

Good luck getting everything done! I'll definitely be playing this when the full version comes out.

Ketsu

#24 Post by Ketsu »

Aw, I was disappointed when the demo was over~! XP That was really fun and it has good humor. X) I didn't really run into any mistakes~ it is sort of strange how when you find Devin after he got beat up, his art looks really strange...are you going to change that in the actual game~?

Either way, good job, and I can't wait to play the full version!

Egressus
Veteran
Projects: Things Not Seen

#25 Post by Egressus »

I actually really like this game, which is good because one more otome where I can drool over the boys. Well, a boy.

I've went through Seth's and only Seth's path because I'm a picky girl and I like staying true to a character, thank you very much. I live a pathetic life.

Anyway, I'm rather disappointed the demo is so short but that's actually a good thing.
The art is good, very clean, and overall I really like the sprites.
The writing is really good, too. Iris doesn't piss me off, actually has a sense of humour, and her reactions in the first encounter with Devlin is pretty awesome. Seth is awesome, especially when you first call him. He knows Shoujo vision. What kind of fanfic does he write? I'm not a fan of Alden, though. YOUR PART WILL FOREVER BE SEPIA, MORTAL.

/cough

Regarding the part I said about only Seth's part? I lied. Devlin comes second to Seth, because he's a nerd, writes fanfic, and is good-looking to top it off. Can't ask for more.

I'll definitely look out for the full version, when it comes out.
Hiatus of hiatuses

Veniae
Veteran

#26 Post by Veniae »

That was so good, I loved it to bits! The art was wonderful, the GUI looked quite neat as well and *swooon* awesome characters. I really like your writing style, there were barely any typos, only a couple tense inconsistencies. Aside from that, it flowed well, was easy to follow and amusing.

The characters were also so cool! *-* I'm torn between Seth and Devlin, because the bad boy and the nerd/best friend are my favourite archetypes. Also, both of them are really handsome and God, I love Seth's sense of humour. The only path I didn't go on was Alden's, but I'll probably amend that ASAP. xD His sprite is pretty!

What else can I say? I'm eagerly anticipating this game, I can't wait until the release! How's progress, by the by?

On another note, was Mom's sprite drawn before the others'? It lacks the shine in the hair and the... crispness of the rest. xD

Oh, and the title is beautiful!

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped

#27 Post by GlassHeart »

I haven't been receiving notifications that someone posted on this thread, so sorry everyone for not responding sooner! Better late than never, right? Hehe... ^^;
Thanks so much for your comments, reading them really made me smile. Now that my exams are over (last one was today) I will get back to working on the game.

@Veniae
I redid the sprites quite a few times for the boys (I wasn't satisfied with their hotness lol). Though Mom's was the last one I drew, I didn't try as hard with her. She's not that important anyway :lol:

@Egressus
Lol poor Alden, no one likes him. You'll be seeing him more in the full game so maybe he won't seem so one-dimensional anymore.

@Nuxill
Thanks for supporting my main character, haha! About the backgrounds... I used google sketchup + photoshop. I'm still a noob with sketchup but for a first attempt I think it's ok.

@Ketsu @lilangelmamimi
The CG art is made by Zylinder who was nice enough to help me since I didn't think I was up to it. You'll see some more in the full version.

@Poketto Kunoichi
I'm glad this little game caught your attention. :D The main character will indeed change as the story progresses, I hope this will be obvious to anyone playing. I haven't had much experience writing, but hopefully no one will be disappointed. ^^

@awesomeautumn
I just hoped no one would be offended by my introduction so the fact that you liked it is great lol. Sorry it took 2 months for me to write back. orz I'm gonna start working on this again real soon!

Thanks again for supporting me! *hugs*
Image Image

Egressus
Veteran
Projects: Things Not Seen

#28 Post by Egressus »

It's probably because he's not around all that much. And because he doesn't look like his life is troubled? I dunno, everyone seems to like it when people are bawling.
Hiatus of hiatuses

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#29 Post by Ran08 »

Ooooh, this looks sweet. ^_^
I like Alden. xD
I just finished downloading it and I'm really looking forward to play it. I'll post my opinions here when I'm done, ne? :)

Edit:
That scene behind the school... made me replace Alden for Devlin! He's like someone special I know in real life. So unlike the "perfect gentleman" girls love, but he can still make you fall for him. He's like an arrogant child who refuses to show weakness but wants you to care for him too. I know someone like thaaaaaat~.
*ahem* Anyway...
I really like this VN. I dunno why. It's not the graphics... (even though they are pretty cute) and it's not exactly the music either. Especially not because of the MC. She was pretty annoying at the beginning. (No offense meant)
Maybe it's the characters? They're not as generic as the others are. They're like real persons with pretty complex personalities. Or the story! You pulled me into the story there, even though it's so short. I am looking forward to a deep story here. Oh, and I don't know if it was just because of my choices, but I don't know much about Seth. I am loving Devlin very much though. :D Alden is just so-so.

One thing I didn't expect is the barrage of choices! I kept saving on so many different files because of that. Um, were they really needed? Although I did like them I suppose. ^_^ They made the game more interesting.

The backgrounds are lovely. :3
Music...? Kinda. :)

Dislikes:
Some of the choices
The CG. -_-

All in all, this demo is a job beautifully done. :)) I hope it would be finished soon! It seems really amazing!

GlassHeart
Regular

#30 Post by GlassHeart »

@Egressus
I didn't want to give them all a troubled past just for the hell of it, it's not that kind of game. That being said... Alden has some issues. :P Nothing too serious though.

@Ran08
Poor Alden lost another fan. Why did I make you so awesome, Devlin? :lol: Like I always say, maybe you'll like him more in the full game.
I'm glad you liked most things about the demo and thanks for the criticism. I did try to focus on the characters since the action isn't that important (it's a slice of life after all).

About the choices... there were actually more in the beginning, but I cut out or merged some of them. I'm not sure how much has changed for the part in the demo, though. The reason for the choices is so that you don't end up with a ton of points for all characters, it forces you to choose and that's my favorite part in visual novels (my preferences when it comes to VNs probably reflect in most aspects of the game). Besides, this way you have to play the game over and over. muahahaha :twisted: But don't worry, I'll keep in mind what you said and try not to over do it.

I hope the finished game won't disappoint.
Image Image