Curse of the Carribean[NaNoReNo 2012}

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

Curse of the Carribean[NaNoReNo 2012}

#1 Post by Morishita »

Desirea is spending the week at her grandmother's house to help her prepare for the village's annual summer festival. This will be her first year attending the festival and she is totally stoked about it but there's been strange rumors going around the festival. So when she decided to ask her grandmother about the festival's history she learns something that shakes her to her core. A terrible curse was placed on this village and now after learning the truth she fear's for her and her grandmother's life. Will she be able to find a way to break the curse or will she fall victim to those pouring out their vengeance on the little island?

New Proofread version up for download!!
Download game:
Link to Official Website Page w/downloads

Curse of the Caribbean
Drama/Supernatural

Length>>Since this is a demo this isn't very long at all.
Endings: 2
one good/one bad
*For those who want to see the extra cg's unfortunately you will have to wait until the game remake. That will be the full version but I will give you more information on that later.*

Thank you for playing and I hope you enjoy it!

EDIT: Work in progress thread of full version can be found HERE
Last edited by Morishita on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

Re: Curse of the Carribean[NaNoReNo 2012}

#2 Post by distorsion »

What is the countdown timer on your site for?
Love the game btw, looking forward to the cat's path.
Last edited by distorsion on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#3 Post by OokamiKasumi »

The character art is absolutely stunning!
-- I really liked the story too. What an original idea!

I'm sure you know already that you need an editor for your dialogue, but other than that, the story was extremely enjoyable! I can't wait to see the full version. :)
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

Morishita
Veteran

#4 Post by Morishita »

Thank you OokamiKasumi TT,TT I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it some what even with all the issues. I plan on combing through all the mistakes again today and I'll upload that for everyone to look at.

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#5 Post by KissOfDeath »

Can you possibly upload a windows version to Mediafire/another hosting site?
My security filter won't let me through to your site and I forget how to temporarily allow the site (I'm not good at remembering pins 0x0)
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

Morishita
Veteran

#6 Post by Morishita »

Sure can, it might take a while to upload up but I'll put up link for you when it's on there :D

I have my husband helping me with the proofreading so I just need a little more time and then I can upload a fresh newly comb version :3

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#7 Post by Reikun »

Congrats on the release Morishita! I just got done playing through and I really liked it! The music choices and artworks were stellar *U*
Regarding the story
I felt that it was a bit predictable that the fish, cat, and bird would be special in some way (and really predictable that the blue-haired boy was the fish). Even so, the story was still fun to read and I actually teared up at the part when they were killing the baby eels ;____; The scene was really emotionally charged. Good job!! I look forward to the revised version where we'll get to meet the bird and the cat? :D
When you complete the revised version, will you show us a full-body image of Desirea (as a bonus thing)?? She looks so pretty *0* I would love to see her full outfit~
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Morishita
Veteran

#8 Post by Morishita »

Aww Thank you for playing it Reikun~ I'm happy to see that you were able to get past all the mistakes with the grammar as well. I think I found all the mistakes so I plan on re uploading the proof read version soon, but for the remake I actually plan on adding more things to his path. I have different cg events and a more romantic ending for his and the other path's endings. I also plan on adding more sprites of the villagers and Gee-Gee ma and...well a lot of other things but for now I'm going to try to upload the proof read version soon.
I really like how her design turned out too. I might add a bonus part to the end of the full version game to show off her dress. It's a lot of fun drawing up tropical style clothes^^
I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one that was sad about those eels! ;^; Also forgive the predictability of the bird, fish and cat but I just couldn't help myself :D*hoo hoo* I love stories like those~ I was a little worried that know one would notice but I'm glad to see that I was wrong. I plan on having more fun with that idea with the full version as well.
Thank you again Reikun~

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#9 Post by KissOfDeath »

Morishita wrote:Sure can, it might take a while to upload up but I'll put up link for you when it's on there :D

I have my husband helping me with the proofreading so I just need a little more time and then I can upload a fresh newly comb version :3
Eeek! Yes! Thank you so much! <3 I've been waiting so long well maybe not that long for this game, it'll make my day especially since I have a crapload of papers due this friday for four different subjects-- a chance to wind down is always nice :3
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

awesomeautumn
Regular

#10 Post by awesomeautumn »

I just finished playing this. The art was amazing, and I loved some of her commentary! The story is really original. I found myself just as interested in learning about the festival as Desirea, haha! Amazing job~

Morishita
Veteran

#11 Post by Morishita »

distorsion wrote:What is the countdown timer on your site for?
Love the game btw, looking forward to the cat's path.
I really don't know how I missed your comment ;^; Please forgive me that was my mistake.
The timer was for the relaunch of my revised comic "Love!Love!Fighting!"
I still don't know how I didn't see your comment until now TT.TT
I think I'll have a lot of fun doing the cat's path when I start on the full game version.

KissOfDeath wrote:
Morishita wrote:Sure can, it might take a while to upload up but I'll put up link for you when it's on there :D

Eeek! Yes! Thank you so much! <3 I've been waiting so long well maybe not that long for this game, it'll make my day especially since I have a crapload of papers due this friday for four different subjects-- a chance to wind down is always nice :3
Just wanted to let you know that I have the windows version uploaded on fileshare now :D I think I found all of the mistakes, with my husband help and everything should be a lot less messy.
Here's the new link, I also posted it above too :3
Curse of the Caribbean-win32.zip]Windows version

awesomeautumn wrote:I just finished playing this. The art was amazing, and I loved some of her commentary! The story is really original. I found myself just as interested in learning about the festival as Desirea, haha! Amazing job~
I'm happy to see that ^^ Thank you so much for playing my game.

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#12 Post by clua »

:____________; I guess I got the bad ending....Since
A wave eated me XD...I want the good ending!!
Does the fact that Im feeding the fish always affect that?
In other note...The first BGs are beautiful!! I like the color you choosed on them it really looks that the elements are bathed with an stronger light of the sun

Desirea is very cute and I loved the part when she speaked to her grandmother XD
and he didnt gave me his name I feel defeated!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Morishita
Veteran

#13 Post by Morishita »

Thank you Clua and don't feel too bad about getting the bad ending first. The same thing happened to my husband when I hd him play :D
Since it's a demo it's best to stick to only one option each time so if you find him at that certian place mak sure you keep going there. The fish does play a big role so and the best way to get close to him is being consitant and caring. I wanted to add more with the animal interaction but I didn't have enough time so I had to cut out a lot but it is very important to pay a lot of attention to the sea life. I kind of wanted to do a doule meaning with that but I'm not sure if I did a good job at it. I'm glad that someone noticed that. You actually won't learn his name until further in the story and there is a really important reason why he hasn't told her so don' feel to defeated. He's doing that on purpose :D
I worked so hard on those backgrounds so I'm sooo happy everyone likes them ;^; I also based her grandmother off of mine. I have a lot of other funny things to add between those too so once I finish my other visual novel project I plan on starting progress for the full version of this game :D Thank you so much for playing it clua!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by try10 »

Simply amazing! I was so impressed by the original plot. The art the music, everything was perfect! :D You did a great job! :D

I can't wait for the full version and I hope it will be finished soon cause I really want to know the other characters. XD

Nekochi
Regular
Projects: Snow White and the Seven Thugs
Organization: Royal Flush

#15 Post by Nekochi »

This is really cute so far. I can't wait to play more. And man your art is so pretty! I'm kind of in love with your backgrounds. The coloring is so soft and pretty. :3