Curse of the Carribean[NaNoReNo 2012}

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Armyfyr

Re: Curse of the Carribean[NaNoReNo 2012}

#16 Post by Armyfyr »

I haven't played it through yet, but I absolutely love the sprites, backgrounds and sound effects; it's a gorgeous game. The menus are so nice too. I really like Desireä. Okay, back to the game...

Already looking forward to the full version by the way!

Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

#17 Post by Morishita »

You guy's seriously Thank you!! I've been feeling like such a failure since I couldn't do a full game for NaNoReNo but that feeling will pass and I will try again next year ^^.
So to lift my spirits I drew this little comic to poke fun at myself. It's just a silly little doddle so I hope it makes some of you laugh.
nanoreno.jpg
I did learn a lot and I now have a really fun story that I want to do as a larger project so it wasn't all a complete failure ^^;

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by try10 »

I really wish you could finish this game cause it's one of the most original plots I have ever seen. Don't feel disappointed cause everything was perfect. So what if you couldn't finish it all? What matters is that you worked hard and the ones that played it enjoyed it. :D

Good luck with your future projects. :)

Morishita
Veteran

#19 Post by Morishita »

try10 wrote:I really wish you could finish this game cause it's one of the most original plots I have ever seen. Don't feel disappointed cause everything was perfect. So what if you couldn't finish it all? What matters is that you worked hard and the ones that played it enjoyed it. :D

Good luck with your future projects. :)
Thank you try :D After making that silly comic I actually started to feel better because I started to think that I would have more time to tell the full story now and then I could still release it later to be reviewed and played. I was thinking about having it up for commercial ( just .99¢) to help me a little bit financial wise.
I'm actually debating on whether I should finish my other game first and then do finish this one or if I should just go ahead and finish curse of the Caribbean since it's still fresh in my head. I really do like the story and I had a lot of fun making up different idea's and my sister and husband have been telling me to finish this first, my husband also thinks that I should just do school memories after this. I'm still thinking it over but I'm starting to lean towards doing Curse of the Caribbean first. I will definitely keep everyone posted.

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#20 Post by GeneDNC »

I haven't played the demo yet, but it's definitely on the list. There are way too many NaNoRenO games, I can't play them all fast enough. But that comic is gold! It reminds me strongly of the gag-comics in the FMA manga, which are brilliant and by extension it means your comic is brilliant. ^__^

As for which game to work on, I say that if your motivation for Caribbean is high now then take advantage of that and work on it first.

Morishita
Veteran

#21 Post by Morishita »

GeneDNC wrote:I haven't played the demo yet, but it's definitely on the list. There are way too many NaNoRenO games, I can't play them all fast enough. But that comic is gold! It reminds me strongly of the gag-comics in the FMA manga, which are brilliant and by extension it means your comic is brilliant. ^__^

As for which game to work on, I say that if your motivation for Caribbean is high now then take advantage of that and work on it first.
You're right there are a lot of games that came out this year! I still have some more on my list that I want to play but haven't been able too TT.TT but I'm glad you thought the comic was funny. I just wanted to relieve some stress so I drew that up and I finally have my mind set on doing Curse of the Caribbean first. I really had fun with coming up with the story idea and I'm so glad that so many people like it and give me so many compliments about it being original, I was really worried that the story would really interest people because it was a little different then usual but I'm happy to see that it had a different affect on people.
*Is it sad that I haven't read any of FMA's (That's full metal alchemist right?) gag comics yet? TT.TT*
I would love to get it reviewed by one of the visual novel review sites so I know what to watch out for when I make the full version but I don;t know if anyone would actually sit down and do a review on just a demo game, so everyone feedback here is really helping me figure out what I might need to fix with the game or what I should leave alone so I thank you all so much! I really appreciate it~

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by SusanTheCat »

OMG! I loved the comic!

I also loved the game.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

psyduck
Regular

#23 Post by psyduck »

love the story and the art. can't wait for the full version. :)

Morishita
Veteran

#24 Post by Morishita »

SusanTheCat wrote:OMG! I loved the comic!

I also loved the game.

Susan
Thank you Susan. My reply is super late but I'll have the freshly proofread version up so things should be less annoying to have to read through.
psyduck wrote:love the story and the art. can't wait for the full version. :)
Thank you ^^ I'm happy that you were still able to enjoy it even with all the grammar mistakes. I'll have the newly proofread version up soon.